Pum-Ti-A-Ta Tìrol NìNa'vi

Started by Ftiafpi, June 07, 2010, 07:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Alright guys, so I'm really close to scrapping this but someone was talking to me the other night and mentioned that it may be daunting for people to have to record all the videos. Is this the case? Would people find it easier to just do audio and then we splice in footage from Avatar or something along those lines?

Rikxyu

I believe this may be the case, ma Ftiafpi. Perhaps we could have some scenes from the movie (assuming we don't have any legal problems or anything) and some volunteer scenes together? And oeru txoa livu, ma tsmukan, I'm still trying to get a proper place/time to shoot. (I'm locked into some stupid summer school thing at the moment. It's hard to get a free moment to myself. :/ )
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Ftiafpi

Well, I think, for quality, we should either go one way or the other where we have either only stuff from the film or only stuff we shoot.

However, with the film, I don't think we can use anything that wasn't in the trailer or in publicly released clips from the film. Anything else would clearly not be fair-use and would fall into copyright infringement. This shouldn't be a problem though, I imagine there is enough footage in the trailer(s) to flesh out the song.

Another option is I (and other people) can film various thing without people in it (or use footage from the public domain) and put those in the film with the song in the background.

What do you think we should do?

Krrtspangyu

I think stuff we shoot ourselves would be nice... Do you know "Klenginem", the klingon Rapper? If not, search for him on youtube. I think selfmade things are better than stuff from the trailers that everybody already knows.

Kawturi ke tsun ftivang keye'ungit sawtuteyä
Klick bitte kurz drauf. Kerin Toruk'evil tìsrungit ngeyä!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Krrtspangyu on July 12, 2010, 12:24:41 PM
I think stuff we shoot ourselves would be nice... Do you know "Klenginem", the klingon Rapper? If not, search for him on youtube. I think selfmade things are better than stuff from the trailers that everybody already knows.
I agree, that was the original premise with the original idea of this video. Also, this way I can shoot much of it myself.

Rikxyu

Would you want to mix footage with and without people? That may also interrupt the flow of the video, but it would all be self-shot...
I mean, some of the lines make more sense with people and seem better without.
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

judytuna

I sprained my ankle and got really depressed. But my jaw still works, so I'll submit audio.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rikxyu on July 12, 2010, 02:07:22 PM
Would you want to mix footage with and without people? That may also interrupt the flow of the video, but it would all be self-shot...
I mean, some of the lines make more sense with people and seem better without.
There are a few that I would like to submit with people, but, for the majority it doesn't matter. So, new plan, we're going to have people submit audio to the song. Sing the whole song, not just a single line.

Alright, I'll change the OP.

Nyx

Singing the whole song might not turn out all too well from my side, but I can try ^^ and if you still want help with shooting I can definitely do that.

Rain

I'm still in, but probably just on vocals for the chorus. IF my audio doesn't suck, which it has been. I COULD "supply footage" of either fields or birds, as I am surrounded by both. IDK. Are you in need of forest footage? I'm trying to be useful/helpful here.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Eanikran

I would make an attempt with singing but every single mic oe have including the one on my laptop is either broken, or won't work on a computer.  :(

am I still on for the bass though?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rain on July 12, 2010, 08:29:59 PM
I'm still in, but probably just on vocals for the chorus. IF my audio doesn't suck, which it has been. I COULD "supply footage" of either fields or birds, as I am surrounded by both. IDK. Are you in need of forest footage? I'm trying to be useful/helpful here.
The more footage the better.

Ftiafpi

Tsa-hey ulte pxasìk.

Un-stickying this topic and going to ask Payoang to remove it from the news feed. Honestly, I'm quite disappointed, I figured there would be more support for something like this and, at the very least, that people who said they were going to do something would actually do something.

So that the work people put into it so far doesn't go to waste I'll finish it on my own. I'm sure it won't sound very good but whatever.

Nyx

I do have some forest shots for you if you want them. I just haven't had time to take a proper look at them and remove noise and stuff like that because of all of my photoshop projects.

Rain

Oeru txoa livu, ma Ftiafpi. My tech is not up to snuff for this project. I take the blame for not turning in anything useful.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Nyx on July 23, 2010, 08:36:57 PM
I do have some forest shots for you if you want them. I just haven't had time to take a proper look at them and remove noise and stuff like that because of all of my photoshop projects.
That's okay, I'm probably just going to use bits from the Avatar trailer(s).

Nyx

Ok. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Mithcoriel

Aaaaah, ulte oeru txoa livu. >_< There I go being busy in uni for a while, and I didn't realize that the forum would stop sending me notifications of replies to this thread if I stayed off it for so long.

Sooo, if you have any use for me as a singer at all, I would like to help.  :(

The only issue I had so far was showing my face on camera. So if filming flowers or something like that would be fine for you too, or sending in only audio, let me know. (Hm...what about some videos from my trip to Africa...we wanna show the whole world after all..)

So, let me know if it's too late to help?

Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Mithcoriel on July 27, 2010, 05:56:58 AM
Aaaaah, ulte oeru txoa livu. >_< There I go being busy in uni for a while, and I didn't realize that the forum would stop sending me notifications of replies to this thread if I stayed off it for so long.

Sooo, if you have any use for me as a singer at all, I would like to help.  :(

The only issue I had so far was showing my face on camera. So if filming flowers or something like that would be fine for you too, or sending in only audio, let me know. (Hm...what about some videos from my trip to Africa...we wanna show the whole world after all..)

So, let me know if it's too late to help?

Ngaytxoa! Thanks for reminding me to reply to you. I saw what you posted in the gallery, I can use that I think and I believe I'm just going to use bits from the Avatar trailers and what-not so I should be all set. Thanks for the offer though.

guest6785

hmmmm, this video seems to be over schedule!