Questionnaire possibility

Started by AlexWeekes, November 06, 2021, 06:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexWeekes

Hello language enthusiasts,

I am a final-year UK undergraduate planning to write a linguistics dissertation on communities of conlang (specifically artlang) learners and their motivation for learning their chosen languages.
I plan to focus on how motivations differ between communities who learn artlangs from different periods. To do so I will obviously need access to each community and I would like to float the idea of a questionnaire just to check whether the Na'vi community would be open to this before I develop my methodology.
I can see that questionnaires have been conducted here before (including the sizeable 2015 one) but none that are very recent so perhaps we can cover something new!

If you would be interested in taking part in a study such as this please do let me know!

AW

Toliman

Kaltxì ma AlexWeekes! Welcome here!

Good luck with your dissertation, I am interested in that.

Mako

Quote from: AlexWeekes on November 06, 2021, 06:46:14 AM
Hello language enthusiasts,

I am a final-year UK undergraduate planning to write a linguistics dissertation on communities of conlang (specifically artlang) learners and their motivation for learning their chosen languages.
I plan to focus on how motivations differ between communities who learn artlangs from different periods. To do so I will obviously need access to each community and I would like to float the idea of a questionnaire just to check whether the Na'vi community would be open to this before I develop my methodology.
I can see that questionnaires have been conducted here before (including the sizeable 2015 one) but none that are very recent so perhaps we can cover something new!

If you would be interested in taking part in a study such as this please do let me know!

AW

Good morning Alex! Rewon lefpom!

You might have a bit more luck sourcing this from one of our Discord communities as they're far more active than the forums at this point. Give us a visit!

AlexWeekes

Thank you for your quick responses!
I'll check out the discord server - thanks for the invite.

irayo

Toliman