Sacred's Sigbar Tool [Updated June 20, 2014]

Started by Swoka Ikran, June 06, 2011, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on July 05, 2011, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 28, 2011, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 01:36:15 PM
word wrapping for Twitter feeds?

oneliners go off the bar and i dont want 6pt font. possible to let all 140 chars to wrap onto more than one line on bar?
GD doesn't support word wrapping of any form, which means I'd have to try and fake it. May or may not be doable, and either way, it'll be a pain in the txìm. :(
Can't you just shove a \n in there and expect it to work?
I dunno how GD copes with stuff like that, I'll have a look after school if you want.
You can't. IIRC, it just prints it out as text.

I can't explore it more right now...I'm out of town on an old laptop that's barely able to run Chrome.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

akiwiguy

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on July 05, 2011, 04:33:39 PM
Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on July 05, 2011, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 28, 2011, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 01:36:15 PM
word wrapping for Twitter feeds?

oneliners go off the bar and i dont want 6pt font. possible to let all 140 chars to wrap onto more than one line on bar?
GD doesn't support word wrapping of any form, which means I'd have to try and fake it. May or may not be doable, and either way, it'll be a pain in the txìm. :(
Can't you just shove a \n in there and expect it to work?
I dunno how GD copes with stuff like that, I'll have a look after school if you want.
You can't. IIRC, it just prints it out as text.

I can't explore it more right now...I'm out of town on an old laptop that's barely able to run Chrome.

lolchrome.

Swoka Ikran

Scheduled Maintenance will occur either tonight or tomorrow night (8/9 or 8/10) around 11:30pm. Depends if I get everything finished by 11 tonight.

NWOTD bars will be unaffected by the maintenance.

I'm installing the new features I've been working on. :) (Details to come.)

EDIT: Maintenance completed without issue. See post below for details on new features.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Swoka Ikran

Just finished installing new features :)

New in 0.2.0:
* Support for non-PNG images (should accept JPEG, GIF, and most others now)
* Skype status icons can be put on your bars
* One-click Bitly support for shortening those monstrous bar URLs.
* Number of views counter for bars and rotators
* Bugfix for live images
* Bugfix for HTML entities
* Fixed Twitter cache
* Administrative enhancements (system logs, feature controls, maintenance mode)
* Code cleanup

EDIT: Is this new version running slowly for anyone else?

EDIT2: Skype support is temporarily disabled because it's causing massive performance problems. I'm working on a fix.

EDIT3: Fixed skype issue (and related performance loss) by using shorter timeout and implementing cache.

Swoka Ikran

There is an ongoing issue with the sigbar tool.

Skxawng.lu is experiencing server problems which are causing timeouts and rendering issues. If images created with this tool do not load or are showing a "Down for maintenance" message, please try again later. The tool will resume normal operation when skxawng.lu is fixed.

Swoka Ikran

The problem with skxawng.lu has been fixed. Images should be loading correctly again.

Tirea Aean

Where has the sbt been moved? Has it been moved? My sigbars are gone for a while now.

Swoka Ikran

It went bust when Haxalot dropped support for skxawng.lu and took the app's database with him. :( :( I was making backups, but it started failing long before this thing got meaningful attention. The monitor for the backups also failed to send email as intended, and I never noticed until I went to set up the replacement install and realized I had no recent backups.

I tried requesting my databases from Haxalot, but he never sent anything. Hawnuyu managed to only get a list of email accounts (FWIW, if you have a skxawng.lu email, it's probably valid again).

There's a new install here: http://raxsoft.tk/raxdev/sbt/?refer=w45vgtwaw4towfxnvddjlfoe8ae500f6 I'm working to import an old backup slowly, but odds are a lot of people will need to recreate their stuff.

Use that link to sign up or you won't see the Avatar stuff in the gallery. This is a newer version too, so it's slightly different and a few quirks were fixed. The gallery is also improved, but you need to turn off your pop-up blocker.

I'll update the first post as well. Thought I did that a while ago, apparently not.

UPDATE: I did happen to find a 0.1 backup from August 2011 that has the user accounts and some of the user data. I'm missing all of 2012, but I'll be importing what I have over time as I manually migrate it to 0.3. The table structure changed a bit, but it should be workable.

EDIT2 @TireaAean: I imported your old account. You happened to be the second ever user, so even my ancient first backup has your bars in it. If you forgot your password and can't reset it, let me know.

(These may work without changing URLs, but performance will improve if you use the images linked above instead of what's in your signature now. Your old links are now a 301 redirect through a server that's frequently down).

Swoka Ikran

I'm sure some are wondering what all the exclamation points and "Database or Rendering Error" images are about.

The database server at my host decided to partially die after a server crash on Sunday night. MySQL's InnoDB engine stopped working, and since most of my newer DB tables use it, the tables don't exist as far as SBT is concerned. They're working on it, but in the mean time, nothing will work right.

This is the third forum I've had to post about database issues on tonight :( , I've got a lot of stuff down: http://raxsoft.tk/raxccm/dbmaint.php

Swoka Ikran

So there's been a bunch of changes...

First, I used this app as my university capstone project :) I've renamed it iGen and fixed a pile of bugs in it. The UI is the same, but has a new color scheme and a proper logo now, among other things.

Second, my domain registrar (Freenom) sucks...they canceled my domain on me for no reason and refuse to give it back to me (like I can even ask, there's no way to reach anybody at that company). I guess I got what I paid for since it was free.

Everyone will need to update their links again now that I bought a domain. Those who created Bitly URLs through the system should recreate them in the system.

The system is now located at http://www.raxsoft.com/raxdev/sbt/