Sacred's Sigbar Tool [Updated June 20, 2014]

Started by Swoka Ikran, June 06, 2011, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

ATTENTION: Due to a recent domain change, any image links from before June 10, 2014 are no longer valid. Please use the new links displaying in the system. If you used bitly URLs, please recreate them through the system so they reflect the new domain.

Updated May 2014: New UI color scheme and it's now called iGen. "Dynamic Sigbar Tool" just didn't sound good.

Quite a few people on this board use my countdown sigbar generator or my Na'vi Word of the Day sigbars. Those two sigbar apps were actually the proof-of-concepts for this.

Like the above 2 apps, Sacred's Sigbar Tool is a dynamic graphic generator. BUT, unlike those 2 limited programs, it can do:
* Plain text
* Countdowns
* Na'vi Word of the Day
* Twitter feeds
* Changing/cycling text
* Rotating sigbars
* And more...

It's also an image host for your bars, so you can host them here even if you don't need any special features.

You can find the tool here: http://raxsoft.tk/raxdev/sbt/?refer=w45vgtwaw4towfxnvddjlfoe8ae500f6
(Tested in IE8 and 9, FF15, and Google Chrome.) - Use this link when you create your account, or you will not see the Avatar content. If you made this mistake and can't see the content, post and I'll fix.

If anyone would like to contribute images for the gallery, feel free to post them and I will add them for others to use.

I think the tool pretty much explains itself in when it comes to usage. Just create an account and start playing around. The app is still a beta, but should be stable.

As with all of my programs, feature ideas, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome. :)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

It looks cool. I'll try it out later.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The server is down due to weather conditions.

All systems are online and functional again.

akiwiguy

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on June 07, 2011, 09:14:30 AM

This! :) I just registered and will give it a try as soon as I have time. :D

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 20, 2011, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on June 07, 2011, 09:14:30 AM

This! :) I just registered and will give it a try as soon as I have time. :D
I saw your account show up on the user list :)

To everyone:

I made a few updates to this today, mostly to the twitter components. Changes:
* Twitter feed engine functionality and feed compatibility enhancements.
* Workaround for twitter API bug that affects a small number of twitter accounts.
* Fixed broken Unicode support in twitter object.
* Edits to twitter objects (e.g. changing the feed) now take effect immediately.
* Removed beta message.
* Fixed SQL injection vulnerability in login system.
* Minor object editor enhancements.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Somehow it doesn't show the sigbar in the Edit mode or if I look at my portfolio.:

Swoka Ikran

Try refreshing it a few times. What browser are you using? Normally this is an object issue (broken/invalid objects will break your image), but since that graphic has no objects...

Also, I created another bar in your account with a different image. Can you see that?

The eet1 bar works on my end...

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

I can't see either of the pictures. Refreshing didn't work.
Using Firefox 4.0.1.
Trying to call http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sbt/sb.php?b=60
gives:
"The image "http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sbt/sb.php?b=60" cannot be displayed because it contains errors."
EDIT: I can't see it here either.

EDIT2: If I'm not logged in at sbt I can see both of the bars at swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sbt/ ???
EDIT3: If I'm not logged in at sbt I can see the bar in the previous post too. ??? ???

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

And (sorry for the double-post) something else funny:
If I want to login:

(I wasn't logged in before) it shows me this:

I'm logged in after that.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on June 26, 2011, 01:46:33 PM
And (sorry for the double-post) something else funny:
If I want to login:
(I wasn't logged in before) it shows me this:
I'm logged in after that.
Found the problem...it's caused by your username having an apostrophe in it. The login code can't handle it properly...

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on June 26, 2011, 01:44:04 PM
I can't see either of the pictures. Refreshing didn't work.
Using Firefox 4.0.1.
Trying to call http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sbt/sb.php?b=60
gives:
"The image "http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sbt/sb.php?b=60" cannot be displayed because it contains errors."
EDIT: I can't see it here either.

EDIT2: If I'm not logged in at sbt I can see both of the bars at swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sbt/ ???
EDIT3: If I'm not logged in at sbt I can see the bar in the previous post too. ??? ???
Also caused by your username. FF shows that message because image generation fails. (The login system is included in the image generator script, and when it fails, the image doesn't get made).

Bugfix to come: Fix login system...

EDIT: Fixed. Try logging out then logging in again. Image and login issue should be resolved. :)

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on June 27, 2011, 10:42:06 AM
It works.  ;D
Good to hear :)

I'm curious as to how I missed that bug during testing though...I actually made it a point to check that Na'vi words would play nice with it. Guess I forgot that ' is part of the alphabet...

Tirea Aean

word wrapping for Twitter feeds?

oneliners go off the bar and i dont want 6pt font. possible to let all 140 chars to wrap onto more than one line on bar?

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 01:36:15 PM

oneliners go off the bar and i dont want 6pt font. possible to let all 140 chars to wrap onto more than one line on bar?
GD doesn't support word wrapping of any form, which means I'd have to try and fake it. May or may not be doable, and either way, it'll be a pain in the txìm. :(

Tirea Aean

ah okay. tsun tivam. I just made mine a link to my Twitter page, where the entire tweet and all the others can be seen.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 02:45:26 PM
ah okay. tsun tivam. I just made mine a link to my Twitter page, where the entire tweet and all the others can be seen.
I noticed the "Click and follow" :)

I'm looking into adding a length-limiting feature though. When I implement it, you'll be able to set it to turn: "This is a really long string intentionally made long enough to not fit on any sort of graphic"

...into something like "This is a really long string intentionally..." with the ellipsis so it doesn't just run off the end.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 28, 2011, 03:02:14 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 02:45:26 PM
I noticed the "Click and follow" :)

I'm looking into adding a length-limiting feature though. When I implement it, you'll be able to set it to turn: "This is a really long string intentionally made long enough to not fit on any sort of graphic"

...into something like "This is a really long string intentionally..." with the ellipsis so it doesn't just run off the end.

yeah that would be cool too. so long as it ends after a word and not in the middle of a word. hrh I'm about to test that....

EDIT: how long till it finds out there's a new tweet? what is it's polling schedule?

DOUBLE EDIT: I tested it. (as you can see...) GASP. it says

"

instead of

"

and it cut my word off xD

the polling schedule isnt too bad. it's within a few minutes.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 03:08:15 PM
I'm about to test that....
Feature should be enabled within an hour or so.
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 03:08:15 PM
EDIT: how long till it finds out there's a new tweet? what is it's polling schedule?
Every 5 minutes IIRC. So it will update on the fly.

Also, there's apparently an HTML entity issue to fix...

EDIT: Feature will be live in a few minutes hopefully...and the HTML entity bug will be fixed.

EDIT2: Added feature. It should appear in the object editor now. Underneath "Feed name (excluding @ sign)" there's a new field "Limit text length to:" :) Just enter a number and save.

Also, " bug is fixed.

akiwiguy

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 28, 2011, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 28, 2011, 01:36:15 PM

GD doesn't support word wrapping of any form, which means I'd have to try and fake it. May or may not be doable, and either way, it'll be a pain in the txìm. :(
Can't you just shove a \n in there and expect it to work?
I dunno how GD copes with stuff like that, I'll have a look after school if you want.