Setting up dedicated server for web conferencing and na'vi lessons

Started by Tsmuktengan, September 22, 2011, 03:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 16, 2011, 05:44:13 PM
What I am left to do now is to see with Payoang how he can set up the domain name to my server.

Srefereiey nìprrte' :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on October 16, 2011, 07:41:58 PM
Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 16, 2011, 12:02:43 PM
Thank you. I think I'll take that name project, and just change the 'interactive' word for 'numeatan'.

Wordpress is running fine. But now, nginx and apache aren't playing friendly. I have to fix this issue. But as soon as I understand how nginx and BBB's extension work, it should be ready soon. I'll also have to install multi-language support for wordpress.
Why do you must use Wordpress?  ;) Code your own site  ;D Wordpress is for blogs...

Wordpress can be used for simple websites.

One month ago, I was attempting to code a dynamic website with the help of Symfony2. I can guarantee you this IS NOT easy. And I do not mention the handling of the BigBlueButton API to manage the several classrooms. So when you don't have time, you use a CMS, and Wordpress had a BBB extension and is the most complete one without being as messy and difficult as Drupal or Joomla.  ;)

Irtaviš Ačankif

Drupal and Joomla count as template-based scripts too, like Wordpress  ;D

I meant plain HTML/PHP/JS coding with something like Aptana Studio from the ground up...like http://www.alusoft.tk/ . However, it won't be easy to code a *blog* yourself, but it will be acceptably easy to code a *website* since you can simply edit the HTML files with a text editor to add updates etc instead of using the cumbersome post system.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 16, 2011, 05:44:13 PM
Okay, good news!

I've finally brought back all of the services back to life, and things are finally taking good shape.

What I am left to do now is to see with Payoang how he can set up the domain name to my server.

The website would have the following features :

• Offering a controlled (password for visitors and moderators) access to several rooms for speaking with sound and webcam, and temporarily hosting documents, images and presentations.
  • Listing and explaining the various projects around the Na'vi language.
  • Give access to the resources useful for learning the language (can be language dependent).
  • Listing and explaining communication methods (Skype, irc with clear tutorials).
  • News about events and project advancements.
  • Full multi-language support (except Na'vi for instance, I may required your help for those who want to see pages in their language, can give more importance and I hope boost your local community).

But for now on, I have to go to sleep. *poof* Puurrrrrrrrrr......

This looks good but should be Numeyuä Atan (minor pick) Great work :D

Irtaviš Ačankif

Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on October 17, 2011, 03:06:33 PM
I thought it was -yä after vowels...?

O and U get ä.

see chart 3.1.1 in Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi, but especially note 3.1.1.1, 3.1.1.2 and 3.1.1.3.

Tsmuktengan

I fixed this issue.

I am happy to announce that the Numeyuä Atan website is now online at

http://na.learnnavi.org/

and pretty much ready for service, at least for the BigBlueButton stuff. There is already a page where I explained how it works.

Please feel free to forward me back comments and suggestions on this. Although I hope you like it, I would like to make sure it is good enough for you all and can play a good role for the community.

From now on, if you want to use the BigBlueButton, you can log in the International room by entering the name you use in these forums, and the password 'visitor'. I shall be AFK, but you can always have a try.

Tirea Aean

Sweet! Big thanks for all the hard work. I'm checking it out right now :D

EDIT: thanks for the mentions of some of my work. :D :D

Though on this page http://na.learnnavi.org/?page_id=27 my name is spelled incorrectly; it should just be a regular a Tirea Aean

Again irayo nìtxan, I can see big potential in this and it might even renew attention to those linked sites :D

Blue Elf

Good news! I'll give deeper look at this during the weekend, here's what I noticed on the main page:
- menu bar: Ressources should be Resources
- in Meeting selector is item nìNa\'vi nì\'aw - why there are backslashes?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 20, 2011, 01:15:28 AM
Good news! I'll give deeper look at this during the weekend, here's what I noticed on the main page:
- menu bar: Ressources should be Resources
- in Meeting selector is item nìNa\'vi nì\'aw - why there are backslashes?

Whoops, first errors is me mixing French and English, and second is BigBlueButton's extension disliking the ' character (I guess the code behind isn't very good).

Fixed two errors.

Tsmuktengan

Since I don't have much time now, I require your help.

There are two pages I am unable to write by both lack of time and unquestionable knowledge : List of projects and Teamspeak channels.

I am asking if some people who know well about hwo Teamspeak works and write a tutorial for this, and those who are in charge or know well the projects that I mentioned (or forgot) if they could write a clear paragraph to explain what these are, and provide links to topics and eventually the website of the project. If a project is missing, then tell me to add it.

You can place your contributions in this topic, no need to send it as private as other people can make suggestions is something is unclear. I shall then integrate it in the site.

I thank you by advance for your kind help.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on November 03, 2011, 08:44:27 AM
Since I don't have much time now, I require your help.

There are two pages I am unable to write by both lack of time and unquestionable knowledge : List of projects and Teamspeak channels.

I am asking if some people who know well about hwo Teamspeak works and write a tutorial for this, and those who are in charge or know well the projects that I mentioned (or forgot) if they could write a clear paragraph to explain what these are, and provide links to topics and eventually the website of the project. If a project is missing, then tell me to add it.

You can place your contributions in this topic, no need to send it as private as other people can make suggestions is something is unclear. I shall then integrate it in the site.

I thank you by advance for your kind help.

I have written a presentation on Google Docs on how to download, set up, and log onto Teamspeak 3. The Teamspeak.com website looks different now, but the guide imo still is valid. here is the link:

http://goo.gl/pkWDI

Tsmuktengan

OK, thank you. I'll parse this as soon as I have a free moment.

'Oma Tirea

Avatar Nation: I'll let ExLibrisMortis explain this one.  He's the one who founded that project.

Na'vi in a Nutshell: A basic guide to Na'vi grammar.  Minimal linguistic terminology.

Na'vi for Dummies: I don't recall that being a real book....

Project Tribal: 'Itan Atxur founded this IIRC.  It's about going out somewhere in the world to physically live out life like a Na'vi.

Tree of Voices: A piece of software for learning Na'vi, similar to Rosetta Stone (word-picture association).

I'd rather not go into any detail about the LNAB.  Also, feel free to elaborate on these descriptions :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tsmuktengan

I need to fix the title "Na'vi for dummies" that is in fact a french project (my mistake). The equivalent is Horen leNa'vi.

The Na'vi for dummies is, for info, a french project taking all the anglophone documentation (Horen, wiki, some parts of K. Pawl's blog (ie. colors), dictionary, and more) into one single PDF that can be printed as a book. And I forgot there wasn't this in english yet.