Small Writing Team Needed!

Started by Eana Ketuwong, April 13, 2011, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eana Ketuwong

Kaltxì! Oel srungit kin. (Crosses fingers, hoping grammar is correct) I am starting a writing "team", in which I need some very specifically talented people!
1. Somebody who knows what they are doing in a science lab; so, like...what kind of tests to perform on this, and what tools to use on that...
2. Somebody with some kind of writing/editing experience, to help with the writing process.
3. Somebody with a basic understanding of the Na'vi culture, and somebody who has a basic understanding of anthropology.
4. One who is mostly fluent in Na'vi; help with translating English --> Na'vi, and grammar has little grammar issues.

I know I am asking a LOT and being very picky, but...yeah. Already Tsteu Nantang of LN and Live Na'vi have joined, and Admin from Live Na'vi. If you are interested, please post below with your quality. We would be having discussions either here, or over at Live Na'vi, or just through giant PMs.
Tumbling hard until 3 AM on a Wednesday night

Alyara Arati

What would you be working on?  Or can you not tell?  I have a BA in Biology and write poetry and short stories, but I don't know if that makes me what you're looking for. ???
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Ean Kewong on April 13, 2011, 07:25:22 PM
Kaltxì! Oel tìkin srung.

"Oel srungit kin", or "Srung si oeru" would both work.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Eana Ketuwong

Quote from: Alyara Arati on April 13, 2011, 07:32:36 PM
What would you be working on?  Or can you not tell?  I have a BA in Biology and write poetry and short stories, but I don't know if that makes me what you're looking for. ???
Hrh, sorry I probably should've mentioned what the general idea is so far...
The current team has decided on the basic outline of:
A human arrives on Pandora (When humans FIRST start to come there) and becomes a scientist. He/she studies the na'vi, and accidentally ends up meeting one in person, and forced to harm it by the head scientists, so it can be studied further on it's home planet.
And yes, biology is actually a perfect role in this team!

Eana Ketuwong

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 13, 2011, 07:35:27 PM
Quote from: Ean Kewong on April 13, 2011, 07:25:22 PM
Kaltxì! Oel tìkin srung.

"Oel srungit kin", or "Srung si oeru" would both work.
Hrh, yes I fixed it, but irayo! :)

Eana Ketuwong

We still need somebody who is good with the language...and somebody who knows quite a bit about Pandora. (x

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Ean Kewong on April 14, 2011, 07:50:26 PM
We still need somebody who is good with the language...and somebody who knows quite a bit about Pandora. (x

What is being written, and for which purpose?
私は太った男だ。

Eana Ketuwong

Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 14, 2011, 08:19:24 PM

What is being written, and for which purpose?
Currently the Live Na'vi team is discussing a human visiting Pandora, who is there when the humans first START coming to Pandora. He/she  (Don't know yet) gets really involved in studying the Na'vi, and comes to love them, when they are suddenly forced to injure a captured Na'vi to learn more about it. Said human is pissed and...well, we haven't gotten that far yet. Still in the planning process. :) And we're writing it for the hell of it.

Human No More

I can fulfil the latter and the scientific part. I have an excellent memory for facts about Pandora and all the sources, and I know biology fairly well :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Eana Ketuwong

Quote from: Human No More on April 16, 2011, 05:03:26 AM
I can fulfil the latter and the scientific part. I have an excellent memory for facts about Pandora and all the sources, and I know biology fairly well :)
Oh, thank you very much!

Eana Ketuwong

I'm thinking our first discussion will be coming up soon at this location. I'll PM you with the date/time.