Snow Leopard Users: We already have a Na'vi Keyboard!

Started by Suteyä Hawnuyu, January 24, 2010, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Yep, that's right! Mac OSX Snow Leopard users have a built in Na'vi keyboard!

Go to System Preferences> Language and Text> Import Sources

Then, select U.S. Extended. On the top toolbar (the one that displays the time and network connection), there should be an American flag displayed. Click it, and select "U.S. Extended."

Voila!

To type ä, hold option u, and release. Then press a.
To type ì, hold option `, and release. Then press i.

I hope this helped, Macintosh users!
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

'Awve Tìkameie

Well done. Will there be one for Windows OS?
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Tseyk Tìriuä

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä'evangäti ngamop.

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Also works for the Canadian English keyboard for anybody up here in America's hat.

To type é, hold option e, and release. Then press e.

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on January 24, 2010, 01:39:58 PM
Also works for the Canadian English keyboard for anybody up here in America's hat, although I have to use the alt/option key instead of control.

To type é, hold control e, and release. Then press e.

Whoops, I meant for control to be option. -edits post-

TompaSkxawng

Just got amazed how lucky the Swedish peaple are with the keyboard ( not to be mean  :'( ) , because it contains äöå and all those Na'vi buttons.

And yeah its an old keyboard i know, gotta buy a new one  ;)

Happy Na'vi´ing  ;D

For those that have Windows Vista or later, i got great news -> Windows sidebar gadget with Eng - Na'vi word outputter.
More info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtc5VjhMIlo

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: TompaSkxawng on January 24, 2010, 03:48:05 PM
Just got amazed how lucky the Swedish peaple are with the keyboard ( not to be mean  :'( ) , because it contains äöå and all those Na'vi buttons.

And yeah its an old keyboard i know, gotta buy a new one  ;)

Happy Na'vi´ing  ;D

You are very, very lucky. :<

'Awve Tìkameie

My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente