The Audio Dictionary

Started by Taronyu, January 07, 2010, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 08, 2010, 11:07:30 AM
Just a thought, shouldn't this be in either the audio forum or the projects forum. It doesn't really matter but it just seems like it would fit there better.

Probably. I seem to like the intermediate forum, but I suppose people won't be commenting here on my derivations or anything, so it will most likely be better suited towards resources. MOVED.

Nume fpi sänume

We have undertaken some MASSIVE project here, and im glad to see them coming out really well. we've developed a lot of learning resources, and if one doesnt work, just try another one.

Taronyu

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on January 08, 2010, 11:26:04 AM
We have undertaken some MASSIVE project here, and im glad to see them coming out really well. we've developed a lot of learning resources, and if one doesnt work, just try another one.

Don't thank me, all I'm doing is linking things to the dictionary I already made. Although, I had to make that. Well, whatever.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Taronyu on January 08, 2010, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on January 08, 2010, 11:26:04 AM

Don't thank me, all I'm doing is linking things to the dictionary I already made. Although, I had to make that. Well, whatever.

You're too modest, this is amazing and all involved should be proud to be a part of it and I know that I for one thing this will be a phenomenally useful tool once completed.

Ftiafpi

So, since I know how you have so much free time and don't have nearly enough to do so I figured I'd let you know that there's a ton of words for you to add to this whenever you get bored :P

(Seriously though, don't worry about it, just wanted to make sure that this awesome project doesn't get forgotten)

Taronyu

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 01, 2010, 11:53:11 AM
So, since I know how you have so much free time and don't have nearly enough to do so I figured I'd let you know that there's a ton of words for you to add to this whenever you get bored :P

(Seriously though, don't worry about it, just wanted to make sure that this awesome project doesn't get forgotten)

I was wondering when you were going to let me know. Any chance you have the links or a list of the words that went up? If not, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Ftiafpi

Everything after the last update:

The third batch

* 'Awkx
   * Aynga
   * Eyk
   * Hrrap
   * Ke'u
   * Kllkxem
   * Kxam
   * Kxll
   * Muiä
   * Nguway
   * Omum

2nd part:

* Krrpe
   * Kllkxem
   * Kxawm
   * Mllte
   * Nì'awtu
   * Pelun
   * Rä'ä
   * Taron
   * Toruk
   * Tse'a
   * Yìm
   * Wrrpa

The fourth batch of words:

* Fì'u
   * Fmi
   * Ftue
   * Fu
   * Kawtu
   * Lì'fya
   * Pehem
   * Pehrr
   * Pesu
   * Peu
   * Peyfa
   * Slu
   * Srung
   * Teya
   * Tìng
   * Tok
   * Tsa'u
   * Tspang
   * Txo
   * Ulte

you can get the links to each file at: http://www.archive.org/details/NaviWordsnoEnglish

or if it will save you time I can add the links onto this page here, which ever saves you more time.

Taronyu

Right. I've added these. Some notes: Where are the files for muiä and kxll? Also, peyfa is an old orthographical error for pefya I corrected, I believe. In any event, it's not in my dictionary, so it probably shouldn't be in this one. What's with two fu's in your thing?

Right! Here it is. Version 2.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Taronyu on February 02, 2010, 09:17:34 AM
Right. I've added these. Some notes: Where are the files for muiä and kxll? Also, peyfa is an old orthographical error for pefya I corrected, I believe. In any event, it's not in my dictionary, so it probably shouldn't be in this one. What's with two fu's in your thing?

Right! Here it is. Version 2.

Hmmm, muiä and kxll seem to have died, I know I did them they must have just missed the upload boat. As for peyfa, whoops, that's what I get for using the pocket mod and not your dictionary, I've found a bunch of similar small errors in the pocket mod guide so I guess I should go and give him a list of stuff to fix. As for fu I guess it also missed the upload boat. I'll go through the list and make sure everything is where it should be.

Ftiafpi

Added the missing words and found the problem with fu. You can't have a file name with the non-english characters or apostrophes so fì'u and fu get cut down to the same filename. I've added 'fu' under the file name 'fu2' to fix this.

Taronyu

Taronyu

Added around 25 words.

Thanks Ftiafpi.

Eawnyu te Tisorina'Srusiyu'ite

erm oks i tried to download it and, no lie, i got a page saying the link was broken......um.....oks......now what....i tried it several times and got the same "you link it broken" page......

Ftiafpi

This project has kind of died where we were going to switch over to new sound files but then that project kinda died. Right now the whole thing is sort-of in limbo so I'm not surprised you're getting an error.

Anyway, talk to Payoang or Txepsiyu about this I believe.

Taronyu

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Taronyu on July 07, 2010, 06:16:00 PM
Oel ke'ut omum.
Sorry ma Taronyu, do you also have access to the file?

Taronyu

Uhm...I don't think so. I have it saved on my HD, of course...

Tsufätu Ayioangä

It keeps saying it's not found when I try to click the link...

Taronyu

Old link. Not sure if this is still on. Ftiafpi? Seabass?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Taronyu on July 25, 2010, 08:15:31 PM
Old link. Not sure if this is still on. Ftiafpi? Seabass?

I stopped because omängum fra'uti had created a much nicer spoken word list and was waiting on edits and to have more people add stuff too it but then that died as well. Totally my fault for being lazy, I really should revive this but not just yet, too busy. When I come back from vacation in a couple weeks someone yell and me and I'll try to get this started up again.