Fmawn ta 'Rrta: The first newspaper... in Na'vi only.

Started by Vawmataw, September 14, 2014, 03:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumps

Mi oel erinan fmawnit ngeyä ;)

I'm still reading your news ;)

Just a few things I've noticed:

QuoteFìtrr ram alu Ontake a mì Nihon pxolor. Lamu pxezamkivomuna tute mì ram krra fìpxusor lamen.
Tute amrrvol lu leskxir. Suteri leskxir, tutel akinä tolatep inanfyat.
Not sure what you mean with inanfya... did they lose their sense?

QuoteSet, lomtu a40° lu. °33a tute latsu tawnerkup tolerkatsup ulte tolerkup tute a4°. Tute akinä holum ftu fìatxkxe. Pum apxey holum fa ikran lefngap (alu helicopter).
The participle infixes ‹us› and ‹awn› can only be used attributively. So, any connection with lu makes no sense, unless it's to describe the noun further, e.g. tutan atspawnang lamu sempul peyä, "the killed man was her father."

Quote'Evenge a poeri solalew mezìsìt slolu lom. Tutanìl a syäpaw (fko) Steve rolun poet.
Fìtutan poltxe san Moe (Steve sì  'evengeyä sempul alu Ron) tamìran rofa tseng alu back cornfield. Oe syamaw poer, slä oel ke stamawm ke'ut sìk. Stevel poleng fmawnta poan oe sì Ron sngamä'i fwivew ulte tolìran takrra ??swew?? ahì'ì krra mefol ramun poet a rofa fìtxayo. Steve poltxe san Moe tolìran poene ulte molunge poet. Poe klltxolay ulte tsngamawvìk sìk.
'Evenge alu Brooklyn lu kxuke.
Even if you use indirect speech, you still quote the person directly. So, if Steve says, he and Ron started to search... he really said, "Ron and I ..." and this is how it is translated into Na'vi, no matter whether you use san ... sìk or fayluta/fmawnta ;)
Remember that you tell (or hear) news (thus peng/stawm fmawnit a > fmawnta), but say words (thus plltxe faylì'ut a > fayluta).
*swew? is that a typo?

QuoteTutel a ta tseng tìzeykusoä poleng fmawnta fkol rolun futa tuteor lu säspxìn alu Ebola. Fìtute lu mìso suteta ulte sutel a zeyko lek aymowarit olo'ä alu Centers for Disease Control fte frapo livu kxukxe. Po lu 'awvea tute mì Yuesey hu fìsäspxin.

Vawmataw

Geez! I'm the king of evitable mistakes. Most of the mistakes you corrected were evitable!
QuoteTutanìl a syäpaw (fko) Steve rolun poet.
Kehe. The man indentifies his self as Steve.

Quote*swew? is that a typo?
Unfortunately yes. It should be swaw.

QuoteNot sure what you mean with inanfya... did they lose their sense?
This one has been proposed by another member (Wllìm?) as the translation of lose consciousness.

Btw, thanks for reading my news! :)
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Plumps

Quote from: Vawmataw on October 04, 2014, 06:42:23 AM
Geez! I'm the king of evitable mistakes. Most of the mistakes you corrected were evitable!
QuoteTutanìl a syäpaw (fko) Steve rolun poet.
Kehe. The man indentifies his self as Steve.
Ah, I understand. Then I suggest muwäpìntxu sko Steve, "introduces himself as Steve" ... intransitive verbs cannot take ‹äp›.

This one has been proposed by another member (Wllìm?) as the translation of lose consciousness.
Honestly, I never would have guessed that :P Probably because I connect inanfya too closely with the physical senses (touch, smell, taste, sight, sound). Consciousness has something to do with the mind, self-awareness etc. ... hm :-\ I don't know how to express that.

Quote from: Vawmataw on October 04, 2014, 06:42:23 AMBtw, thanks for reading my news! :)
Kea tìkin! ;)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Plumps on October 04, 2014, 10:20:53 AM
Honestly, I never would have guessed that :P Probably because I connect inanfya too closely with the physical senses (touch, smell, taste, sight, sound). Consciousness has something to do with the mind, self-awareness etc. ... hm :-\ I don't know how to express that.
That part with inanfya was me.
Quote from: Tìtstewan on September 27, 2014, 08:44:18 PM
... <lost consciousness>
...tutel akinä tolatep inanfyat.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Plumps

It's a leap of interpretation ;D
Personally I would not interpret it as that but it would be interesting to see/hear how other people interpret that.

Vawmataw

Fmawn ta 'Rrta closed

Due to the lack of collaboration, Fmawn ta 'Rrta is archived.
Fmawn ta 'Rrta was a temporary passion, and maybe Vawmataw will be a temporary passion.

Vawmataw

Ma smukan sì smuke,

9 months ago, Fmawn ta 'Rrta closed because of the lack of collaboration and the lack of motivation resulting from this. I wouldn't regret it if I was the only one who updated the news.

Lately, I saw that two members would start a new Fmawn ta 'Rrta. Therefore, I decided today to collaborate with them. The website of Fmawn ta 'Rrta will reopen today. The older news will still be available. If you want to read them, please ask me via the contact page.

I am currently editing the website. It should be ready for a new collaboration.

For this summer, I will be often available. When I will be back to school in exactly one month, I will only be able to update when I come back from the school.

Note: The Twitter account of Fmawn ta 'Rrta will not reopen. The link for Fmawn ta 'Rrta didn't change.

EDIT: The website theme is amazing!

Wllìm

This is awesome that you are starting this again! And the theme is very nice :D

So, we'll need to find a way to collaborate, so that we can keep it going! It would be awesome if we can produce a new news bullletin for Tirea Radio every few days, containing for example two or three short articles from Fmawn ta 'Rrta? We shouldn't put the bar too high at the beginning I think... Like you say, I also have real-life obligations, especially after the summer holiday. ::)

Kame Ayyo’koti

I don't know how useful this would be, but I'll throw it out there for whatever it's worth.

One of the Let's Players I watch has a bit at the end of some videos where he posts links to videos he made the year (or two) before. It's a nice way to highlight content he's already made that people might not have seen, especially new viewers.

Maybe there could be a section that highlights earlier forum thread posts, Naviteri.org posts, Na'vi-language blog posts, etc. that happened years ago?
Zìsìtkam mì Lì'fyaolo' LeNa'vi: Plumps Pamrel soli Postìru Pìlokä Vurteri alu Tìrol Tskxepayä sì Txepä ta George R.R. Martin (It's a link, click it. ;))
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 31, 2015, 04:15:31 PM
I don't know how useful this would be, but I'll throw it out there for whatever it's worth.

One of the Let's Players I watch has a bit at the end of some videos where he posts links to videos he made the year (or two) before. It's a nice way to highlight content he's already made that people might not have seen, especially new viewers.

Maybe there could be a section that highlights earlier forum thread posts, Naviteri.org posts, Na'vi-language blog posts, etc. that happened years ago?
Zìsìtkam mì Lì'fyaolo' LeNa'vi: Plumps Pamrel soli Postìru Pìlokä Vurteri alu Tìrol Tskxepayä sì Txepä ta George R.R. Martin (It's a link, click it. ;))

What youtuber?
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Kame Ayyo’koti

"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Vawmataw

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 31, 2015, 04:15:31 PM

I can make archives.

Vawmataw

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

This is amazing!!!
any way I can help, just ask me.  :)
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

Vawmataw

You just have to send me a message. The help would consist of writing news and/or making an audio part.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

so, is this just avatar related stuff, because I can totally do that!!! but I'm not a big watcher of the news, so I'm not sure whats going on lately and I'm usually the last to know everything.

I'm be happy to make audio pieces
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Vawmataw

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

so I can report on Avatar stuff if I wanted to?
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Vawmataw