The Unofficial Na’vi Learner Survey

Started by Kame Ayyo’koti, July 09, 2015, 04:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kame Ayyo’koti

The survey is closed! Thanks everyone!

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp and I decided to create this questionnaire in order to find out what brings people to our community, what they are looking for, what they struggle with, and some other information. We're hoping this information will be useful for anyone who wants to help the community. :)

I will release the results to the public. For open-ended options and questions, the survey-taker may choose to let us share them, if they would like. Otherwise only Tstewa Ikrantsyìp and I will see them, and I will write a summery in my own words of what was said.
(Answers given before I added this option will be kept private!)

Each person may take it as many times as they like:

Take The Unofficial Na'vi Learner Survey (The survey is over!)

Tstewa and I have no future plans to do another survey at this time.

UNL Survey Results
Here are the results. :) As promised private written answers have been removed. Tstewa and I will be adding our summeries later. I will update these documents periodically as new submissions are made/I make improvements. If you notice any problems or have any suggestions please reply or PM me.

UNL Survey Results as of August 1, 2015 [PDF]
UNL Survey Results as of August 1, 2015 [Spreadsheet/XLSX]
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Tirea Aean

Tìtstewan

Set this this temporary sticky. *filling out that survey*

EDIT: I've retweeted TA's tweet.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toruk Makto

On the main site and FaceBook page now.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

BlueHusky2154

I took it. Awesome survey, very detailed!  :)
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Kame Ayyo’koti

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this to get stickied or tweeted everywhere. o_o I definitely appreciate the advertising, irayo frapoya. :) There's already 10 submissions.
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I simply have 3 things to say:

1. thank-you everybody for the support you've given both Kame Ayyo'koti and myself. I must say most of the work goes to Kame Ayyo'koti for their amazing survey skills on google forms. +1 ma Kame Ayyo'koti

2. I've just submitted my own! hrh.

3. I intend to get it out there myself as well. I look forward to seeing the results.

ta Ttstewa
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

Kame Ayyo’koti

Irayo ma Tstewa, but you have to give yourself some credit too. You gave some very useful questions. :)

I've had a peek at the results so far, and I can see there's already some very interesting feedback. The survey may not be perfect, but I think it's definitely going to be helpful nonetheless. Some of the open-ended answers have already offered interesting suggestions for improving things.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

that's great!

i'll keep advertising it. :)
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 09, 2015, 11:15:13 PM
I've had a peek at the results so far, and I can see there's already some very interesting feedback. The survey may not be perfect, but I think it's definitely going to be helpful nonetheless. Some of the open-ended answers have already offered interesting suggestions for improving things.

Kosmana fmawn nang! I look forward to seeing the post-survey analysis! :D

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 09, 2015, 09:20:49 PM
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this to get stickied or tweeted everywhere. o_o I definitely appreciate the advertising, irayo frapoya. :) There's already 10 submissions.

:D Anything to help my beloved smuk of Learn Na'vi and/or to improve our community. Can't help helpin'

I might tweet/facebook it again some time again tomorrow, in case people missed it and it got buried.

Kame Ayyo’koti

Reading some of the open-ended question answers made me regret choosing to keep them private, since they are very good. But I made an oath not to share them, and I won't.

Then I got a brilliant idea in the shower (birthplace of all great ideas): Ask people if we can share them.

So I've added a question to the end asking just that.

Any answers given beforehand will be kept private, no worries.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 10, 2015, 01:31:24 AM
Reading some of the open-ended question answers made me regret choosing to keep them private, since they are very good. But I made an oath not to share them, and I won't.

Then I got a brilliant idea in the shower (birthplace of all great ideas): Ask people if we can share them.

So I've added a question to the end asking just that.

Any answers given beforehand will be kept private, no worries.

I wonder if people can go back and answer that question on a submitted. Because I would share any of that data I submitted. It was an anonymous survey anyway. :)

Kame Ayyo’koti

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 10, 2015, 01:34:47 AM
I wonder if people can go back and answer that question on a submitted. Because I would share any of that data I submitted. It was an anonymous survey anyway. :)
Google Forms has an "Allow responders to edit responses after submitting" option, but I'm not sure exactly what it does. Maybe it's only for those with Google accounts, because otherwise how would it know which submission was yours?

Oh well. If anyone can remember more or less exactly what they wrote in one of the open-ended questions, maybe I can identify which is yours and manually change the answer. :P Otherwise it's not a big deal.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 10, 2015, 01:48:28 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 10, 2015, 01:34:47 AM
Google Forms has an "Allow responders to edit responses after submitting" option, but I'm not sure exactly what it does. Maybe it's only for those with Google accounts, because otherwise how would it know which submission was yours?

Oh well. If anyone can remember more or less exactly what they wrote in one of the open-ended questions, maybe I can identify which is yours and manually change the answer. :P Otherwise it's not a big deal.

You probably know by now which one was mine hrh

Kame Ayyo’koti

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 10, 2015, 01:55:55 AM

Actually I can't really tell. There's 13 responses now, and most of them sound a lot alike (in how they write, not necessarily the answers they chose or wrote). There are some I could suspect were you, but I can't be sure. ??? That and I don't want to risk choosing the wrong one.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on July 10, 2015, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 10, 2015, 01:55:55 AM

Actually I can't really tell. There's 13 responses now, and most of them sound a lot alike (in how they write, not necessarily the answers they chose or wrote). There are some I could suspect were you, but I can't be sure. ??? That and I don't want to risk choosing the wrong one.

I never got a confirmation email and the only other option was to edit while on the submission confirmation screen after filling out the form. I guess unless you can figure out which one mine is, it won't be published. Which is fine with me, because I'm not desperate to publish that or anything. Either way, frawzo

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I'm reading through and analysing the open-ended questions.
I won't be using direct quotes. but I will be talking about them in the next day or so.

expect to read about the ideas and responses, very soon.
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Kame Ayyo’koti

Day #2, and there are 26 submissions. :o
And you'll all be happy to know that everyone knows there will be more Avatar films in the future. ;D Thank goodness.

I'll be working on some kinda nice format to share the results in. The spreadsheet Google Forms uses isn't the nicest or easiest to read thing. I'm not sure what yet, maybe a pdf or something, but I'll post it once it's ready to go.

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

can you pm me the formatted new results if it's not too much trouble??
Unofficial Na'vi survey