Translating Hamlet.

Started by kewnya txamew'itan, January 04, 2010, 08:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawnuyuna'viyä

Quote from: Kxanìa Na'rìng on February 19, 2010, 06:45:10 PM
I don't have wave.. applied but nothing has happened yet.
[email protected]
I have sent you an invite. Post your wave address here ([email protected]) when you get it.

Kxanìa Na'rìng

Quote from: hawnuyu na'viyä on February 20, 2010, 11:08:23 AM
I have sent you an invite. Post your wave address here ([email protected]) when you get it.

Irayo! address is pretty much the same.. [email protected]
"Why look who it is... YOU!... How'bout that." Lord Sheogorath

hawnuyuna'viyä

Ok, you have been added.
Welcome to the project.

BTW. We have 2 people on this project who have not been added to the characters naming wave. If you know you have not been, please say here.

HTML_Earth

Yay, I got a wave: [email protected]
Can someone add me to the wave(s)?

hawnuyuna'viyä

Plumps

Ma eylan,

I have a question concerning the vocabulary list that Karyu Pawl sent to you for the Hamlet-Project.
There was mi = yet, still

In which context did you want to know that?
Was it in the sence of:

"He told me where he was. Yet, I don't believe him." (conjunction)
or
"I still don't know where he is." // "I haven't manage to learn Na'vi yet." (adverb)

Thanks in advance.

If this is the wrong place to ask that could you please direct me to somebody who knows? Irayo :)

hawnuyuna'viyä

You are right in thinking that this is the wrong place.
Yet = mi was from the Midsummer nights dream correspondence, so asking them would probably prove more informative. :)
Try asking tsway'eion.

Plumps

Oh right - I'm such a skxawng! :P
Sorry for that :)

Kahmeh

I'm in... I thought Hamlet in Klingon was the best thing ever when I found it, so this is awesome. :D Hamlet is my favorite play, so obviously we need it in as many languages as possible! Waiting for my wave account invite to come through (already sent) will post it here when I receive it.
~the ending has not yet been written~

hawnuyuna'viyä

Quote from: Kahmeh on February 24, 2010, 08:41:50 PM
I'm in... I thought Hamlet in Klingon was the best thing ever when I found it, so this is awesome. :D Hamlet is my favorite play, so obviously we need it in as many languages as possible! Waiting for my wave account invite to come through (already sent) will post it here when I receive it.

Do you have it yet? Shall I send you one (mine turn up in around 48hours)?

Kahmeh

Go for it... didn't come yet so you might as well.  ??? Dunno what's up with it though.

hawnuyuna'viyä

Ok. Sent to your hotmail address.

Kahmeh

hawnuyuna'viyä

eejmensenikbenhet

Bursts life into topic... With a necropost, sorry!

I have a gmail account and signed up for wave but had to install google chrome frame... Did so, but wave sill says I have to download chrome frame...
Problem solved. Adress:
[email protected]

KalaKuival

This project has been moved from Google wave to learnnavi wiki by now (due to some talks about google wave being shut down).

The link to the project is here: Hamlet Translation Project

However, please do not start editing anything before you also notify me or kewnya txamew'itan...or just post here. The project is moving quite slowly, as lately only I've been krro krro translating it, so any kind of help would be more than welcome.

We don't only need translators, but also proofreaders who would correct the mistakes and do everything related to that. So before you do anything else, say you are interested to join! :)  Irayo

eejmensenikbenhet

I will start with some proofreading before I get to translating. But I definitely want to help.

KalaKuival

Okay, thank you!

I will organize something to the discussion pages then :) Good luck. The first scene in A1 was translated already one year ago in January, so i bet there are quite many mistakes...

Eltu Lefngap Makto

Can I add some subdivisions to the Scenes?  For example
    * 1.1 Enter Francisco
    * 1.2 Enter Ghost
    * 1.3 Exit Ghost
    * 1.4 Re-enter Ghost
    * 1.5 Re-exit Ghost
These would be done as H3's (e.g. === Enter Ghost ===) and make for easier editing and navigation.  I take my cues from here/here.
'Ivong, Na'vi!

eejmensenikbenhet

Yeah, easy for marking what we've eddited on the talk pages.
I can't help you at the moment doing that but it's a great idea!