Ventrilo Information

Started by Quzac, January 11, 2010, 03:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quzac

I haven't talked to my friend, but I do info for one of the other ventrilos that doesn't require an account.

Ip: voice-dallas.maximumvoice.com

Port: 6795

This has literally been set up for an entire community of gamers. The current limit of people is 50 users. There are only about 2 users to 5 users at any onetime with it, because the timezones range so wildly with the gaming community.

If you don't like Skype, and like Ventrilo here it is. If you need help, pm me. I'm an admin for another server, and I can help ya with setting up specs.

omängum fra'uti

Until we get something specifically for this community, I would be hesitant about fracturing the community between communications unnecessarily.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Lythienne

i actually prefer vent over skype for many reasons (i think its kind of easier to get a word in edgewise, and i can tell who's talking, among other things)  and we are already fracturing the community what with xbox live and steam and whatnot.  i don't see how this can hurt
"You can drop the disaffected emo nerd into the jungles of Pandora, but sometimes he can't see the giant alien forest for the floating mountains." - Jim Wright

omängum fra'uti

Believe me, you're preaching to the choir, I prefer ventrilo over Skype as well.  But until we have something formally set up for the Na'vi community, I am sticking with where the community resides, and for now that is Skype.

Quzac

Well, if people would contribute, I could probably host a vent server. I built my comp to host game servers, so a vent server wouldn't hurt, but I ain't payin for that s*** alone. xP

Or maybe I will. Gonna check it out over the next few days.

omängum fra'uti

Generally, ventrilo servers are rented, last I looked at it (Which was admittedly awhile ago) they don't do direct sales to people who wish to run their own server, they go through resellers who then rent out server space.

Quzac

Well, from what I've read the public server is open to 8 slots, which is 8 connections. This just won't do, unless this is secretly tricking me

Then the pro version, which charges an admission fee has a bare minimum of 1000 slots, and charges at a rate for those slots, and then a set rate for any slots over 1000.

Also with the pro version, it requires a license which you need to be approved for, after applying. They say it takes you to have a business, but my friend who pays for his own server has it for personal, and gaming reasons. I'm gonna some more research on it in a bit after school. Got off today.

Kìyevame, ulte eywa ngahu

SoulSwiper

It's easy to find a server for more then 100 slots max i seen is 150 slot server and cost around 50$ a month
"The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on"