VrrtepCLI

Started by Tirea Aean, May 22, 2011, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Blue Elf on June 22, 2011, 04:05:44 AM
Some strange behavior:
Must be something to do with how your locale is set...it works perfectly for me. :-\

2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 24, 2011, 05:09:28 PM
Some strange behavior:
Must be something to do with how your locale is set...it works perfectly for me. :-\

are you two running the same version?

akiwiguy

akiwiguy

And I'm running Arch Linux, so I can test on that for you guys.

akiwiguy

[akiwiguy@tsyip ~]$ vrrtepcli
Vrrtep CLI v1.91 by Tirea Aean. run 'vrrtepcli -h' for usage.

File "/home/akiwiguy/.vrrtepcli/vrrtepcli.py", line 288
    print pos,defn
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[akiwiguy@tsyip ~]$

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 24, 2011, 05:12:09 PM
Some strange behavior:

are you two running the same version?
Assuming he's using r4 (June 3rd version in the downloads section), his program core is the same as mine. The only SVN update since then for the Windows version was r7, an update for the updater, and that's not in the ZIP yet.

I probably should include revision numbers as part of future updates (i.e. have header read Vrrtep CLI v1.9_r7)

@Eltu lefngap 'eveng:
What version of Python are you using? It needs version 2.x. Won't work with 3.x.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

akiwiguy

Yeah, looked like it was Python 3. Python 2 was installed, but was named "python2".
Running "ln /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python" fixed it.

Tirea Aean

EL'E! Bout time you "get with the program"! hahha ;D thanks for testing with us

akiwiguy

hehehe :D
Is there a way to make install.sh detect the installed python version and complain if it's python3?
And also checking for the existance of python2 and using that if availiable?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on June 24, 2011, 05:47:29 PM
hehehe :D
Is there a way to make install.sh detect the installed python version and complain if it's python3?
And also checking for the existance of python2 and using that if availiable?

likely. ill try this on linux version, im not sure how to do on win. i will probably be doing it with bash.

akiwiguy

And can I get write access on Google Code? Mainly because I want to get the wiki started with install information, distro specific issues (such as the Arch python issue), etc.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on June 24, 2011, 06:10:53 PM
...I want to get the wiki started with install information, distro specific issues (such as the Arch python issue), etc.
Speaking of this...I probably ought to write some instructions for the Windows version at some point.

Tirea Aean

And can I get write access on Google Code? Mainly because I want to get the wiki started with install information, distro specific issues (such as the Arch python issue), etc.

I'll get that to you stat.

EDIT: you will need a google account, but your TR address is one. is that okay?

akiwiguy

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 24, 2011, 09:22:51 PM

yep, sure.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on June 24, 2011, 11:15:47 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 24, 2011, 09:22:51 PM

yep, sure.

You're in. You are now free to edit the wiki and project info pages and commit if you want. (program written in bash and Python, only two langs I'm currently most exp in... Java to come, but not for this project.)

Tirea Aean

okay, so main LN dict has just been updated('Ìnglìsì and Jakesully, also apostrophes fixed.). I think I will commit now for the "soruce" fix, but I dont think the new .sql is out yet so I will commit the new dict files later.

akiwiguy

Okay, the wiki has been started.

Do we have some Windows install instructions somewhere? I had a look but I didn't see anything.

EDIT: Oh, there they are. README.txt in the individual folders for standalone and the other one. How did I not see that?

Blue Elf

I did some test, works now well. I had to change language for non-unicode programs from Czech to English.... That's not good, if there's dependency on this setting, although I probably don't need to be set to Czech - at least not at my home PC
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on June 25, 2011, 02:21:23 PM
I did some test, works now well. I had to change language for non-unicode programs from Czech to English.... That's not good, if there's dependency on this setting, although I probably don't need to be set to Czech - at least not at my home PC

thats kinda not my fault though... i cant do aything about windows cmd code pages accepting/not accepting certain chars. this program was built originally for linux bash, which for me has no issues whatsoever with chars and fonts. (ive even used my terminal in Eoio font hrh)

Ma Swoka, how do we handle this, assuming we can?

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 25, 2011, 02:50:07 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on June 25, 2011, 02:21:23 PM

thats kinda not my fault though... i cant do aything about windows cmd code pages accepting/not accepting certain chars. this program was built originally for linux bash, which for me has no issues whatsoever with chars and fonts. (ive even used my terminal in Eoio font hrh)

Ma Swoka, how do we handle this, assuming we can?
Of course that's not your fault. Problem is probably in cmd.exe, which is non-unicode. Thinking about doing some test with .NET to see how it deals with console input. If better, thinking about creating .NET clone of vrrtep (although I have no idea where to get time for this :))
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)