VrrtepCLI

Started by Tirea Aean, May 22, 2011, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 25, 2011, 02:50:07 PM
Ma Swoka, how do we handle this, assuming we can?
I'm not sure myself...never had the issue since I'm in the USA. Maybe someone like Kä'eng would know?

The whole ì issue is because East Europe charcter set is missing the ì character (but has ä, which would explain why words with that work OK). I'm thinking that changing the codepage in CMD only affects the output...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Blue Elf

I did some test using .NET. It also requires CP437 (or probably any codepage containing äì), but there's no problem getting äì from std input.

sample code:
Console.InputEncoding = Encoding.GetEncoding(437);
Console.WriteLine("Input encoding: " + Console.InputEncoding.CodePage);
Console.WriteLine("\r\ninsert extra chars (ìä)");
string xx = Console.ReadLine();
Console.OutputEncoding = Console.InputEncoding;
Console.WriteLine("\r\n input: " + xx);

No need to set codepage before run, you just must set correct encoding for standard input and output - it is done independently.
Is it possible in Python? I'll try to write simple filter to recode input into correct encoding - maybe it could help...
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Dictionaries are now FINALLLYYYYYYYYYY updated to latest (current: 12.242) to upgrade, use

vrrtepcli -u

EDIT: I'm about to make code so that you can ask it which version the dictionaries are.

vrrtepcli -v should do it. I plan on it outputting, for example:

tirea@ean:~$ vrrtepcli -v
Vrrtep CLI v1.92 by Tirea Aean. run 'vrrtepcli -h' for usage.
Dictionary Version:

DOUBLE EDIT: changed, updated, commited, new Linux/Mac download on Google code page. (See OriginalPost for link)

Swoka Ikran

Windows version will come sometime this weekend...I have a friend over, so who knows if I'll find time for it.

Either way, Sunday night at latest. :)

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 08, 2011, 07:56:22 PM
Dictionaries are now FINALLLYYYYYYYYYY updated to latest (current: 12.242) to upgrade, use

vrrtepcli -u

EDIT: I'm about to make code so that you can ask it which version the dictionaries are.

DOUBLE EDIT: changed, updated, commited, new Linux/Mac download on Google code page. (See OriginalPost for link)
Nice, nice, and nice!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

akiwiguy

Tirea, be careful when committing stuff! There's a typo in the latest release, I just fixed it in SVN, but you'll need to re-package and upload the ZIP.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on July 09, 2011, 08:59:32 AM
Tirea, be careful when committing stuff! There's a typo in the latest release, I just fixed it in SVN, but you'll need to re-package and upload the ZIP.

Where? for my own version

EDIT: found it, will fix and upload tonight. sorry bout that, nice find. +1 to you when I get back.

DOUBLE EDIT: fixed and uploaded. Next time, I'll be careful.

Swoka Ikran

Finished 1.92 for Windows. New zip files are available, and updates committed as r14.

Changes:
* Added -v option
* Dictionary updated
* Scramble updated again (answer can't be left blank)
* Minor changes in vrrtepcli.cmd

Maria TunVrrtep

Hey guys,
I have a question.  What's the difference between the Windows Standalone file and the Windows file?
Just wondering which one I should use.
* Maria TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Maria TunVrrtep on July 12, 2011, 03:53:28 PM
Hey guys,
I have a question.  What's the difference between the Windows Standalone file and the Windows file?
Just wondering which one I should use.
* Maria TunVrrtep

they are really no different in how they work. One depends on Python 2.7 but that doesnt come installed on Windows by default. Most people use the Standalone version because it is all-inclusive, working right after installation.

Tirea Aean

Before I forget, here is my current TODO list concerning vCLI:

>>>lenition support
>>>prefix recognition (without requiring -)
>>>infix recognition (without requiring brackets)
>>>suffixes/enclitic adposition recognition
>>>Quiz.py prevent duplicate questions
>>>scramble.py anagram prevention

Nìnyu Tìrey

I don't know if this is known problem or not, but the software doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit.  Vrrtepcli -u works fine, but with vrrtepcli -h, a command prompt pops up real quick, disappears, and then nothing happens. 

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Nìnyu Tìrey on September 15, 2011, 02:36:50 PM
I don't know if this is known problem or not, but the software doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit.  Vrrtepcli -u works fine, but with vrrtepcli -h, a command prompt pops up real quick, disappears, and then nothing happens. 

You are supposed to run cmd.exe (maybe from the run box under start menu) and from the command prompt, run the program. not doubleclick the icon in the filebrowser like a traditional windows program. Main reason being, this program does not have a GUI and for some reason, when you try to run it that way, it doesnt stay open, but if you open a terminal first, it's fine.

Ningey

Kaltxì, ma Tirea Aean!

I have installed this shell myself (Linux version), however I needed to rerig the scripts in order to be able to use the CLI from any user.
Maybe the installer should be overhauled in such a fashion that you can specify a target dir (when installing as root), rerig the scripts proper so that they can access the data files in the dir the CLI has been installed in (I applied a hack and replaced any ~/.vrrtepcli by a $CLIDIR and in vrrtepcli.sh inserted an export CLIDIR="<installdir>" at the beginning - which in turn also applies to the updater script as well - and also patched the Python script so that it recognizes the symlink used for accessing the script) and place a symlink into one of the dirs present in $PATH (I have chosen /usr/bin here). The alias won't be necessary any more. ;)

That would be a nice feature indeed.

Kìyevame.

Ningey

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Nìnyu Tìrey

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 15, 2011, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: Nìnyu Tìrey on September 15, 2011, 02:36:50 PM

You are supposed to run cmd.exe (maybe from the run box under start menu) and from the command prompt, run the program. not doubleclick the icon in the filebrowser like a traditional windows program. Main reason being, this program does not have a GUI and for some reason, when you try to run it that way, it doesnt stay open, but if you open a terminal first, it's fine.
Oh, okay.  I had previously tried simply going to "Run" and then typing it out.  cmd.exe worked first time.
Irayo.

akiwiguy

Oh, and because I can:

vrrtepCLI running fine on the Windows 8 Developer Preview, 64bit with dev tools.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on September 15, 2011, 04:47:34 PM
Oh, and because I can:
vrrtepCLI running fine on the Windows 8 Developer Preview, 64bit with dev tools.
Haha...I was wondering about that today.

I installed Win8 last night in VBox, but didn't get to do much with it beyond install FF Aurora...and a 16-bit application to verify it still had the support ::) Good to see it's still working.

EDIT: Just finished porting r16's and r17's changes to Windows...I'll commit them tomorrow. :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ningey on September 15, 2011, 03:00:19 PM
Kaltxì, ma Tirea Aean!

I have installed this shell myself (Linux version), however I needed to rerig the scripts in order to be able to use the CLI from any user.
Maybe the installer should be overhauled in such a fashion that you can specify a target dir (when installing as root), rerig the scripts proper so that they can access the data files in the dir the CLI has been installed in (I applied a hack and replaced any ~/.vrrtepcli by a $CLIDIR and in vrrtepcli.sh inserted an export CLIDIR="<installdir>" at the beginning - which in turn also applies to the updater script as well - and also patched the Python script so that it recognizes the symlink used for accessing the script) and place a symlink into one of the dirs present in $PATH (I have chosen /usr/bin here). The alias won't be necessary any more. ;)

That would be a nice feature indeed.

Kìyevame.

Ningey

I made the install script on purpose such that it is only usable by one(the current) user, and such that you don't at all need any root privileges to install it. I made it this way in case the user does not have access to the root account on the machine. you are free to change the install script in any way that works for you, but by default, it's by a one-user, no root required basis.

Good suggestion, I will certainly look into that. It can't hurt to have all that implemented. Thanks for using ;D

Ningey

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 15, 2011, 07:33:57 PM

I made the install script on purpose such that it is only usable by one(the current) user, and such that you don't at all need any root privileges to install it. I made it this way in case the user does not have access to the root account on the machine. you are free to change the install script in any way that works for you, but by default, it's by a one-user, no root required basis.

Good suggestion, I will certainly look into that. It can't hurt to have all that implemented. Thanks for using ;D

Well, those two aren't mutually exclusive, though. ;)
You merely would have to check whether it is started as root (if not, either proceed as you already do and put a symlink into e. g. ~/bin if that dir is available or set the alias), and if yes you can copy it to, for example, /usr/local/vrrtepcli (or whatever dir may be specified) and put a symlink into /usr/bin.
That's not much of a change, though.
The only thing you would have to do is changing any direct references to ~/.vrrtepdir to something like $CLIDIR and set a line like "export CLIDIR=<something>" in the start script at install time. ;)

That would cover both possibilities: Users who have root access and those who haven't. :P

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Tirea Aean

I assume that
Quote...$CLIDIR and set a line like "export CLIDIR=<something>"...

would make it so that it installs to whatever directory the terminal is currently in.

This fix seems simple enough, All I'd have to do is add/change a few lines in install.sh, and then update the README.txt file. When I have some time, I'll figure this out and commit.