VrrtepCLI

Started by Tirea Aean, May 22, 2011, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Downloaded!
I'll testing and playing with it tomorrow. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tìtstewan

There is no a windows version of the Beta?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 20, 2013, 03:13:52 PM
There is no a windows version of the Beta?

Nope. Not yet, anyway. Like I said, the benefit of the certain Windows version you installed is, you can download that Linux/Mac version and just copy the .py files to where your Windows version is installed and it will should work just fine.

Tìtstewan

Done.
It works. :)

And BTW
old gallery link?id=5346[/img]
Ma oeyä Eywa :o

Tirea Aean

what is THAT?

My program only contains these files! :

~/.vrrtepcli

40K -rw-rw-r--  1  38K Oct 19 21:23 de.txt
4.0K -rw-rw-r--  1  5 Oct 19 21:23 dictversion.txt
28K -rw-rw-r--  1  25K Oct 19 21:23 eng.txt
28K -rw-rw-r--  1  25K Oct 19 21:23 est.txt
12K -rwxrwxr-x  1  8.7K Oct 19 21:23 grammar.py
32K -rw-rw-r--  1  31K Oct 19 21:23 hu.txt
4.0K -rwxrwxr-x  1  2.2K Oct 19 21:23 install.sh
320K -rw-rw-r--  1  319K Oct 19 21:23 localizedWords.txt
52K -rw-rw-r--  1  52K Oct 19 21:23 metaWords.txt
12K -rw-rw-r--  1  12K Oct 19 21:23 naviwords.txt
28K -rw-rw-r--  1  25K Oct 19 21:23 nl.txt
   0 -rw-rw-r--  1  0 Oct 19 21:23 ptbr.txt
8.0K -rwxrwxr-x  1  5.5K Oct 19 21:23 quiz.py
4.0K -rwxrwxr-x  1  2.5K Oct 19 21:23 rhyme.py
12K -rwxrwxr-x  1  9.0K Oct 19 21:23 root.py
8.0K -rwxrwxr-x  1  5.5K Oct 19 21:23 scramble.py
28K -rw-rw-r--  1  25K Oct 19 21:23 sv.txt
4.0K -rwxrwxr-x  1  1.4K Oct 19 21:23 uninstall.sh
20K -rwxrwxr-x  1  18K Oct 19 21:23 vrrtepcli.py
12K -rwxrwxr-x  1  10K Oct 19 21:23 vrrtepcli.sh
4.0K -rwxrwxr-x  1  2.5K Oct 19 21:23 vrrtepcli_update.sh

which totals to 612.5 KB of data! (that's not even one MegaByte...)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Windows bloat??!?

How do I get the latest beta for Linux x86_64? I have yet to try VrrtepCLI.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 20, 2013, 09:50:20 PM
what is THAT?
This, my friend, ist the .vrrtepcli folder....
These files you mentioned are in a folder in windows download (that place, where I unzip it).
I think, something is broken with the installation routine...

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 21, 2013, 02:51:56 AM
Fìtsenge

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 21, 2013, 04:57:10 AM
what is THAT?
These files you mentioned are in a folder in windows download (that place, where I unzip it).

Can you show me a list of the files in that folder and their sizes? IT should roughly match my list I posted above.

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 21, 2013, 02:51:56 AM
Fìtsenge

There at the vcli_lin-mac BETA download, or you can use svn checkout (if you use svn)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 21, 2013, 10:24:44 AM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 21, 2013, 04:57:10 AM
what is THAT?

Can you show me a list of the files in that folder and their sizes? IT should roughly match my list I posted above.
In that vrrtepcli folder with 1.5GB it have 2847 files...

In the other folder: 6,10 MB (6.401.929 Bytes)

Tirea Aean

OH! You downloaded the Standalone version first. I can see the vcli_win_standalone_1.95.0_r49.zip that you unpacked there. That's literally the entire existence of Python, packaged with some other stuff from vrrtepcli and some other things. So I can definitely believe the size in GB there.

The Python version you have to install Python to your system. Then the .vrrtepcli program folder should be around a MegaByte.

... So you have both versions installed. Eltur tìtxen si. :3

EDIT:

Windows Standalone Version: Python built-in (no need to download and install Python), all packaged up and compiled. Download it, and it works out of the box.

Windows Python Version: Just the source code (.py Python files, and .cmd Commands). Does not include Python so you have to first install it. Then it works.

Tìtstewan

I just wondering, how I got the 1,5GB...

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 21, 2013, 11:19:41 AM

It's basically from having Python packaged in with vrrtepCLI (Standalone version). It was Swoka Ikran's idea to make a packaged version so that you don't ever have to worry about installing Python and adding it to your Path. You just download the Standalone VrrtepCLI app and then install it. It should then just work. We figured this would be good for most users because it's the easiest.

Tìtstewan

From a quick test, I've deleted that big folder, and the programm still works.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 21, 2013, 03:01:51 PM
From a quick test, I've deleted that big folder, and the programm still works.

Awesome! :D And that's because you have the non-standalone source code version installed to you user's folder. :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Wow! Python is growing, just like a...python (Pythons continue growing all throughout their lives).

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 21, 2013, 02:49:28 PM

It's basically from having Python packaged in with vrrtepCLI (Standalone version).
The Python components are ~3MB in the standalone release IIRC. Even if I had included the full python environment, it'd be about 45MB. Nothing in any version of this app should be 1.5GB. If it's that large, delete it and reinstall.

I hope to port the beta at some point, but no clue when that will be. I have started a little on it though.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on October 22, 2013, 09:01:59 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 21, 2013, 02:49:28 PM

It's basically from having Python packaged in with vrrtepCLI (Standalone version).
The Python components are ~3MB in the standalone release IIRC. Even if I had included the full python environment, it'd be about 45MB. Nothing in any version of this app should be 1.5GB. If it's that large, delete it and reinstall.

I hope to port the beta at some point, but no clue when that will be. I have started a little on it though.

Yeah I thought I didn't remember it being that hugely massive.

Glad to see you're still around! No hurries no worries ma tsmukan. :) And luckily, nearly everything that's changed so far is the Python files, which should work as-is cross-platform, so you don't have too much work to do.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 22, 2013, 11:33:13 PM
Yeah I thought I didn't remember it being that hugely massive.

Glad to see you're still around! No hurries no worries ma tsmukan. :) And luckily, nearly everything that's changed so far is the Python files, which should work as-is cross-platform, so you don't have too much work to do.
I'm always around...just been busy lately.

It's worth nothing that r53 doesn't seem to handle tswayon correctly when there's infixes in it (It mistakes the ay for an infix...I keep getting tswon out of the root parser).

I committed an r54 (using r53 base) if anyone wants to play with it and report bugs. :) Calling it alpha due to lack of proper testing (was too lazy to update the 1.9x test script). Python version only for now, and you'll need to have an SVN client to get it (it's in /trunk/windows/win2_alpha). No zip file. There's likely unicode bugs buried in it still.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on October 23, 2013, 11:01:59 PM
I'm always around...just been busy lately.

Oh. I see. :) cool.

It's worth [noting] that r53 doesn't seem to handle tswayon correctly when there's infixes in it (It mistakes the ay for an infix...I keep getting tswon out of the root parser).

Huh. There should already be a hard coded hack for precisely that word. I'll look into it.

I committed an r54 (using r53 base) if anyone wants to play with it and report bugs. :) Calling it alpha due to lack of proper testing (was too lazy to update the 1.9x test script). Python version only for now, and you'll need to have an SVN client to get it (it's in /trunk/windows/win2_alpha). No zip file. There's likely unicode bugs buried in it still.

I'll have a look. Irayo!

I'm also considering naming this project to fwewyu and removing the need for cmd/sh scripts. Thoughts?

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 23, 2013, 11:08:03 PM
I'm also considering naming this project to fwewyu and removing the need for cmd/sh scripts. Thoughts?
Renaming would be fine with me.

I personally wouldn't remove the scripts. There's some stuff going on in mine that yours don't do, especially with respect argument handling for the looping functions and the path update in the installation. The updaters would also need to remain scripts because a program's files can't be updated while running.