It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 04, 2010, 02:06:05 PM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 04, 2010, 09:49:28 AM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 04, 2010, 01:52:35 AM
Not to derail this off topic, but has anyone considered doing a podcast type thing entirely in Na'vi.  Not sure how hard it would be to come up with material, but I think it would be pretty cool (And would love to contribute to were such a thing to happen).

That is a good point.

IMHO (only) . . . "Entirely in Na'vi" would be too hard for most people. Hearing Na'vi is not like reading Na'vi. At this stage people would listen and have difficulty following along, and lose interest very quickly. HOWEVER . . . That is only my opinion, and I reserve the right to be wrong, pretty much about everything.

I did register the domain navipodcst.com specifically for the eventuality that someone would teach Na'vi over podcast. I say someone, as I have plans for my sound engineer, who seems to want to go down this road, but I have no idea how this will all play out. But I did want to establish a beach head and provide enough of a foundation that all someone would have to do is record the podcast and upload them, and not have to worry about paying to host them, designing a website, listing with podcast alley and iTunes, and what not, or issues like bandwidth, and of course promoting them--which is the most expensive, or time consuming part.

As there is no money in any of this, my goal is simply to make a central "fun" podcast that explores Avatar and teaches Na'vi to the masses, and hopefully we will find a way to get more "Na'vi dedicated," or as you might say, "Na'vi exclusive," podcasts under the radio avatar umbrella (makes them easier to find--encourages people to download them all). But of course I always encourage anyone to peruse any creative avenue, as the world thrives on creative thought--not on limitations.

I think we we need an all in Na'vi joke section, with translation  and pronunciation guides, made at first of translation errors.  Many of which may very well be my own fault.

Lu oeru aynari ~ Intended translation "look to me" ~ LIT: Give me your eyeballs (more than 4)...

If you can record it--I can get you an audience :)  ([email protected]) We can create a whole segment around it.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 04, 2010, 02:24:40 PM
Rather, there is not a lot of lot spoken dialog in Na'vi.  Frommer's letter is a big chunk of what we have, if not the majority.  So it would be nice to get something more out there.  Even if people aren't yet able to understand it on hearing it, it will be training towards that goal.  And a provided transcription can potentially help.

Of course that means you'd need to make sure to get people who can get at least fairly close to correct pronunciation fairly consistently.

I was thinking about that after I responded. I like the way you think. If you care to take a stab at this (alone, or with some other Na'vi genius--say you an Taronyu, or anyone else who can do the language justice) I would be happy to support it. I mean it's your thing (because our Na'vi pronunciation sucks--but that is half the fun!), but I will support it in any way you like. I can add it to the podcast, or create a podcast around it (add some production values ---IF--- you are interested in that sort of thing), host it, promote it, give it a name. In other words, if you want to do this, or bring it together, or collaborate to bring it together, and you feel there is anything we can do to help (art?) I willpledge my support and that of the entire cast and crew.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 02, 2010, 11:21:58 PM
Here is the new logo:

:)

My brainchild--Rolyu's talented pen. You likie?

I likie (y) :)
hmm is the podcast up yet? sorry.. 've been away from this thread for a while.
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 04, 2010, 07:03:28 PM
I was thinking about that after I responded. I like the way you think. If you care to take a stab at this (alone, or with some other Na'vi genius--say you an Taronyu, or anyone else who can do the language justice) I would be happy to support it. I mean it's your thing (because our Na'vi pronunciation sucks--but that is half the fun!), but I will support it in any way you like. I can add it to the podcast, or create a podcast around it (add some production values ---IF--- you are interested in that sort of thing), host it, promote it, give it a name. In other words, if you want to do this, or bring it together, or collaborate to bring it together, and you feel there is anything we can do to help (art?) I willpledge my support and that of the entire cast and crew.
Well I know one or two others I could work with on it over skype or whatever (Actually maybe ventrilo, 'cause I'd have better control over the audio quality)...  But what I'm missing right now is something to talk about.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to come up with anything at the moment, work has been really busy.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Tsawke'ong

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 22, 2010, 12:21:17 AM
Quote from: Tsawke'ong Lrrtok on February 21, 2010, 11:00:55 PM
Drats! I wish I had the recording software! I've video recorded myself speaking on my phone camera and happen to be fond of my recorded voice!

Sound Recorder is in the "Accessories" menu in Windows, and I hear Garage Band comes with every Mac (or you can download Audacity free)

Let' see what you got kid.
I believe I am in possession of the OLDEST computer known to human kind. I have the programs to record sound; however, no actual recording component on the laptop. Maybe if I stick my mouth really close to the computer and yell it will pick something up hah :) I've been away from the thread for awhile... I've missed it :)
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

'eylan na'viyä

omängum fra'uti

And a cute little 8 person ventril server is free to run - in fact I've got one I can start up on my web host if needed, and can set up a channel with the max quality.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tsawke'ong on March 04, 2010, 10:07:35 PM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 22, 2010, 12:21:17 AM
Quote from: Tsawke'ong Lrrtok on February 21, 2010, 11:00:55 PM
Drats! I wish I had the recording software! I've video recorded myself speaking on my phone camera and happen to be fond of my recorded voice!

Sound Recorder is in the "Accessories" menu in Windows, and I hear Garage Band comes with every Mac (or you can download Audacity free)

Let' see what you got kid.
I believe I am in possession of the OLDEST computer known to human kind. I have the programs to record sound; however, no actual recording component on the laptop. Maybe if I stick my mouth really close to the computer and yell it will pick something up hah :) I've been away from the thread for awhile... I've missed it :)

You should have a parallel port, if not a USB or serial. It is possible to get a "serial to USB" and then a "serial to parallel" adaptor. Hook your microphone into that. Or just mail a cassette :) 

Need the address?

ExLibrisMortis

Hey there, When is this thing supposed to be kicking off again? And are you still looking for voices/DJ's/radio talent for the show?

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Next week we (finally) record. No matter what. These delays have been excruciating. We may not have everything 100%, and that's okay. But these delays have to end. By next Friday I hop to have the first beta episode cut and uploaded. And yes, I have been waiting for the people who previously auditioned to get back to me. I will move on if I have to. New voices are always welcome. PM me for details.

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 05, 2010, 10:58:11 PM
Next week we (finally) record. No matter what. These delays have been excruciating. We may not have everything 100%, and that's okay. But these delays have to end. By next Friday I hop to have the first beta episode cut and uploaded. And yes, I have been waiting for the people who previously auditioned to get back to me. I will move on if I have to. New voices are always welcome. PM me for details.

Yay, I can't wait!
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

kintìomum

Quote from: 'Awve Tìkameie on March 06, 2010, 06:51:33 PM
Yay, I can't wait!
I know full well that this is undermining the fundamentals but I do wonder if she'll still be happy when she really heard us :D

edit: writing on different keyboards on every machine in the house seriously messes with my grammar!
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Tirea Aean

ok one--TXANTSANA SÄFPÌL ma Kaltxì Palulukan!

also, while reading through this, i couldnt help but love everyone's ideas thus far. For sure I will be following this podcast as all those involved seem to be interesting people. :)

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 04, 2010, 01:52:35 AM
Not to derail this off topic, but has anyone considered doing a podcast type thing entirely in Na'vi.  Not sure how hard it would be to come up with material, but I think it would be pretty cool (And would love to contribute to were such a thing to happen).

I have also thought if this. A Na'vi nì'aw podcast. The fact it is only in Na'vi will make for some difficulty in topics and conversation and such. i forsee much stopping and repeating, but this is because we are all beginners and are not yet fluent to the point of impromtu conversation being quick and fluid. but we are approaching this point every time we use Na'vi as a language of conversatin...but still a very interesting idea...who knows maybe when we have our vocab updates, it will be a good possibility!

anyway, I am much awaiting this podcast. sounds like fun!

--Tirea Aean

Rikxyu

The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

omängum fra'uti

Ha pehrr tsun ayoeng stivawm the podcast?

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Well, the first one is in the can. Ian is editing it. It is so bad he may scramble the data so that it never sees the light of day. "Take 2" happening Thursday. I blame only myself.

kintìomum

Hey, it was fun recording. We learned a lot and I want a new shirt.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 15, 2010, 11:06:25 AM
Well, the first one is in the can. Ian is editing it. It is so bad he may scramble the data so that it never sees the light of day. "Take 2" happening Thursday. I blame only myself.
Take two as in a re-recording of the first, or an attempt at a second?

Hikyuuri

Are you guys still planning on using my TS server for these podcasts?  If so, let me know what you need, and I will see what I can do.

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

No "take 2." That abortion officially now "never happened."  :-X

We press on until we get something that is not unlistenable. If it takes a while, so be it. But now we have some real organization. This, it turns out, is a completely different animal than creating something in a solo project or with a partner. Adding several people brings its own set of challenges. Fortunately, we have ironed out the largest issues.

8)

As to TS. Not at the moment. May try it out if Skype craps out. Everyone is responsible for recording themselves locally, so sound quality and content quality will both greatly improve immediately. As we will be doing shorter segments, this will also help preserve quality and continuity of episodic content.