It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txura eyktan

'Awve ultxari ohengeyä, Nawma Sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi.

'eylan na'viyä

Is it making progress?

I would really love to hear it

kintìomum

As with all big projects:
Progress is steady but slow...
We're collecting enough record time and pieces to get an episode together that's lasting more than 5min.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

'eylan na'viyä

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

We're chipping away, learning from mistakes and what not. It'll happen one day soon hopefully, after the first few episodes we'll have a better flow going.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Eanikran

Cant wait to check this out  :)

on a side note, rain your avatar is awesome.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Okay, official status update:

1: show promos, intros, outtros, funny commercials, some goofy songs, and random bits have been recorded for some time. (They are ready to go)
1a: The first 2 hours of recording was unusable, which caused the majority of the current delays.
2: We have 3 domains for the podcast (hosted, but only one with an actual functioning website). These are to help bring more people who have seen Avatar to LN from the podcast. Also: Twitter accounts have been registered.
3: need web designer for the main site. (any volunteers?)
4: Have "Radio Avatar" logo, designed by LN member Rolyu, and it is really funny and well made
5: First interview with the RLT is in the can, and being edited. That will take a week or so. Length is currently 40 minutes. That will have to be cut down.
6: Other segments we recorded a while back are being edited (just got word today) by Ftiapi.
7: News segment is ready for recording, and other segments will follow soon.
8: Tìng is moving to England, which is causing a delay, but this is NOT the main reason for the delays. She has recorded several bits solo, and she should be back on schedule in about a month.

**9**: I have, after two months, decided to remove all of the pressure from myself to work on this every day, or almost every day, as it is driving me insane. There is simply too much work for one person to do. By the end of this week I will have enough motivation (re)gathered to restart work on this. I am taking a few days off though, due to massive frustration and burn out. During this time, everything we *do* have recorded that needs editing will be edited.

Next week we should see some recording. Once we establish a set working crew/cast, we should see recording every week. Plans are for a new podcast every two weeks, unless we can get the editing process down to a one-week cycle. It really is a lot of work to make a good show--and I promise, even if you (anyone) personally don't like the show, it will not be a "crappy" or sloppily done show. just an FYI, we could have uploaded a crappy show a month ago and just ran with that. I am hoping to release something worth listening too.

(feengurs crossed)  :-X
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Seze

Glad to see this is still going to happen.  If you need any help with some of the audio editing, I can lend a hand if needed. 

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

kintìomum

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 30, 2010, 08:58:56 PM
Okay, official status update:
1: show promos, intros, outtros, funny commercials, some goofy songs, and random bits have been recorded for some time. (They are ready to go)
1a: The first 2 hours of recording was unusable, which caused the majority of the current delays.
Oh, don't remind me of the songs! But the first recording trial was much fun... Too bad we messed the recording :(

2: (snip)Also: Twitter accounts have been registered.
For your interest AIM for us: RadioAvatar
I'll keep interesting stuff there or news on whatever happens regarding the podcast.

4: Have "Radio Avatar" logo, designed by LN member Rolyu, and it is really funny and well made
Also looks great as a background on my mobile!

**9**: (snip)
Believe me: It's been a bit scary to see him handle his real life and the awesome amount of time he invested in this!
Whatever sees the 'net will be something whichs enjoyment is based on your opinion and not on quality!
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Swokéyan

I have been looking forward to this for a little while and i really want to hear it ;D
If you need any website help, i do know some stuff about html.
Good luck with this project :)
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Seze on March 30, 2010, 10:25:22 PM
Glad to see this is still going to happen.  If you need any help with some of the audio editing, I can lend a hand if needed. 
Are you kidding?

That is our primary hold up! Send me a PM.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I am giving Awve first crack at designing a simple website, but we definitely need one. Please PM me if you are interested in designing one (we have three domains after all)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I think everything could be combined to make an awesome podcast.

I love this idea dn if you need help with anything let me know :)

Oh I came up with soemthing specific I can offer.

If you need any help with transcribing the episodes I'd love to do that! 

Tirea Aean

Yes. Epicness. So yeah this project has been around for a while. I am expecting a truly txìmit tusakuka tìwìntxu nìtxan nang! such a great idea, but taking forever XD (yes, I realize it takes a huge amount of time and effort to achieve.) :D

Kaltxì Palulukan!

First episode is up . . .

here:

http://media.podcastingmanager.com/9/0/7/3/4/253192-243709/Media/ATA-1.mp3

If for any reason that link fails for you, go here: http://blog.radioavatar.com

Trying to figure out how to get it on iTunes.

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Eanikran

Sweet! I tried to listen to it but I'm sitting in my lunch room at school right now so oe can't hear much of it  ::) I'll deinately be listening when oe get home though.  :)

Kayrìlien

TXANTSAN! I'm listening to it as we speak! Lots and lots of miscellaneous comments to follow...

For KP:

Kayrìlien

Kayrìlien

...THIS TIME WE'RE GOING AFTER STURMBEEST!
ENOUGH MEAT TO KEEP THE TRIBE FED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!
AND ENOUGH HIDE TO MAKE THE CLOTHING FOR FIFTY-TWO PEOPLE!
FIFTY-TWO PEOPLE!
FIFTY-TWO PEOPLE!
FIFTY-TWO PEOPLE!