It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Kayrìlien

"What kind of gasoline does it use? Unleaded?"

Kayrìlien

"It's about 1.6 kilometers long."

"How long is that in American language?"

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I couldn't listen to the whole thing right now but I thought it was pretty good actually. My one constructive criticism is for whomever did the culture corner (btw whoever it was sounds exactly like one of my friends but probably isn't) when you said "taron", the "o" it sounded more "uh"ish than "oh"ish. The rest seems fine to me so far. Great job to all who worked on it
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kayrìlien

"Time is...a weird conceptual thing which does not need to be gone into."

Well said!

Kayrìlien

"Do you have to pee in cryo-sleep?"

Kayrìlien

Reactions to the song:

"What was that?!"

"Oh my God that was awful!"

"I'm going to vomit!"

"Really, really bad."

Kayrìlien

If you couldn't tell from my plethora of quotations, that was basically the greatest thing ever. You guys have all really outdone yourselves. Everyone that has had any part in this needs to come forward and accept a batch of cookies c/o the entire community right away.

I look forward to the next exciting installment!

Kayrìlien

Rain

Quote from: Kayrìlien on April 14, 2010, 04:32:15 PM
If you couldn't tell from my plethora of quotations, that was basically the greatest thing ever. You guys have all really outdone yourselves. Everyone that has had any part in this needs to come forward and accept a batch of cookies c/o the entire community right away.

Kayrìlien

With lessons!

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

ExLibrisMortis

If I may, on behalf of the Podcast crew, thank you for your compliments! Irayo ma smukan sì ma smuke. Please, any suggestions to make this better, we would love to hear them. Also, ideas for future segments and what not too.

Irayo, Eywa ngahu!

((BTW, I was the one that did the ISV segment...  just an fyi, all credit to Kaltxì Palulukan though for heading it up!))

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rain on April 14, 2010, 05:07:21 PM

Kayrìlien

With lessons!

This was planned for this podcast but, due to my own laziness probably, it got pushed back. I will make sure we get some Na'vi lessons in the next episode.

Ftiafpi

Well, the link to the file didn't work for me but the website did. (Though I didn't give it more than a minute to do anything).

I loved the pacing and I loved the little ads, tidbits, whatever. I hope we keep this pacing up since I find that many podcasts suffer from many long half-hour runs of discussion and this tends to bog down a podcast. The short segments combined with one long one works really well for this.

The interview with the RL Na'vi Tribe was quite informative and very interesting. A little heavy on the speech disfluencies but it was alright and to be expected I suppose. Some quality problems in the middle but not un-listenable. I like how you guys addressed a lot of common questions and I think that you guys working on the Na'vi tribe should perhaps extract this interview as a FAQ for people wondering about the tribe. I also think that you guys inspired a lot of confidence (at least in me) that this is a very dedicated, well thought-out, and well meaning group of people.

The bloopers were great (cause I'm in them :P) I hope that we continue to do them as they make a good quick and humorous ending and I think it's fun for people to see some of the behind the scenes. Perhaps one day in the future we will do a video podcast?

Anyway, GREAT first start, I know that I'm very impressed. I can't wait to see/help with/listen to the next one.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kayrìlien on April 14, 2010, 04:06:19 PM
"What kind of gasoline does it use? Unleaded?"

Honestly, that may be my favorite part of the entire podcast. Every time I listen to that (the line, the delivery--"voicing"--, and the timing, I fall over laughing). I wish I was that funny.

Note to self: make future episodes less "dry." :(
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Rain on April 14, 2010, 05:07:21 PM

Kayrìlien

With lessons!

funny you should mention lessons. I was really angry that we didn't get a good lesson segment in--given the amount of time we had. I have a blooper that I will find for the end of episode two all about "lessons." I wanted to add it to this podcast, but I could not find it. It will make you laugh--and it explains a lot actually.

:)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Rain

Keep some dry humor, please. I loved that.

Transcripts?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rain on April 14, 2010, 10:12:35 PM

Transcripts?
Transcripts would be good. Any takers? (I'm too busy :()

Quote"What kind of gasoline does it use? Unleaded?"
One of my favorite lines too.

QuoteI have a blooper that I will find for the end of episode two all about "lessons." I wanted to add it to this podcast, but I could not find it. It will make you laugh--and it explains a lot actually.
I anxiously await this blooper then.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 14, 2010, 10:04:24 PM
Well, the link to the file didn't work for me but the website did. (Though I didn't give it more than a minute to do anything).

I loved the pacing and I loved the little ads, tidbits, whatever. I hope we keep this pacing up since I find that many podcasts suffer from many long half-hour runs of discussion and this tends to bog down a podcast. The short segments combined with one long one works really well for this.

The interview with the RL Na'vi Tribe was quite informative and very interesting. A little heavy on the speech disfluencies but it was alright and to be expected I suppose. Some quality problems in the middle but not un-listenable. I like how you guys addressed a lot of common questions and I think that you guys working on the Na'vi tribe should perhaps extract this interview as a FAQ for people wondering about the tribe. I also think that you guys inspired a lot of confidence (at least in me) that this is a very dedicated, well thought-out, and well meaning group of people.

The bloopers were great (cause I'm in them :P) I hope that we continue to do them as they make a good quick and humorous ending and I think it's fun for people to see some of the behind the scenes. Perhaps one day in the future we will do a video podcast?

Anyway, GREAT first start, I know that I'm very impressed. I can't wait to see/help with/listen to the next one.

Okay, the cat (me) is (ow)t of the bag. I am angry at Ian.

He did SUCH A GREAT JOB in the "podcast that never was' -- which is now the source of many many bloopers and somehow missed out on the sgements we did record, that I felt this episode was a bit dry. The RLT interview went well, but I am no Larry King. I seriously need to work on my interviewing skills, and we will definitely work on sound quality. Also, we will have Ian in somehow.  ExLibris did a great job on the ISV and Unobtanium (<---un-aired yet) segments, so we will have to keep him around. Paul S. was the genius behind "SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY!" I just added a guitar riff to beef up his performance. He and I are working on more fake commercials.

We need Tìng, Carmen, or if they simply will not join us in group chat, an intelligent female to balance out the timing, pacing, and show content. Of course that means we are open for auditions (PM me directly). We need to do news segments, Na'vi (language, culture, comparisons to Earth...) segments, and a LOT more on movie chat and of course RDA tech talk. Interviews will be sporadic, as we find people we want to interview (I have a list) and we get interviews that are (reasonably) well done.

I will try not to have too many long segments. They tend to make the show boring.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 14, 2010, 10:14:38 PM
Quote from: Rain on April 14, 2010, 10:12:35 PM

Transcripts?
Transcripts would be good. Any takers? (I'm too busy :()

Aykerusey mì Terìran has graciously (and generously) volunteered to be our chief transcriptionist. I am sure she could use a bit of help, if anyone is up to taking on a few minutes per podcast possibly. I have full confidence in her, so anyone who wants more info shoudl PM her directly.

Rain

I just love watching this project grow... ;D