It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

As do I.  :D

One thing that really took me by surprise was your voice ma Kaltxì. I swear to god you sound almost exactly like the guy that did that hilarious review of starwars episode 2 that was like an hour and a half long. Here's the link to it if you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/redlettermedia?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/14/CfBhi6qqFLA
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 14, 2010, 10:20:32 PM
Okay, the cat (me) is (ow)t of the bag. I am angry at Ian.

He did SUCH A GREAT JOB in the "podcast that never was' -- which is now the source of many many bloopers and somehow missed out on the sgements we did record, that I felt this episode was a bit dry. The RLT interview went well, but I am no Larry King. I seriously need to work on my interviewing skills, and we will definitely work on sound quality. Also, we will have Ian in somehow.  ExLibris did a great job on the ISV and Unobtanium (<---un-aired yet) segments, so we will have to keep him around. Paul S. was the genius behind "SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY!" I just added a guitar riff to beef up his performance. He and I are working on more fake commercials.

We need Tìng, Carmen, or if they simply will not join us in group chat, an intelligent female to balance out the timing, pacing, and show content. Of course that means we are open for auditions (PM me directly). We need to do news segments, Na'vi (language, culture, comparisons to Earth...) segments, and a LOT more on movie chat and of course RDA tech talk. Interviews will be sporadic, as we find people we want to interview (I have a list) and we get interviews that are (reasonably) well done.

I will try not to have too many long segments. They tend to make the show boring.
Well, the "podcast that never was" is aptly named. 90% of that thing was just soooooo rough. However, we learned a LOT from it, or at least I did, so it definitely wasn't useless. I would love to hear some of the better snippets from it though.

More "SATURDAY!" stuff would be great. I love fake commercials (Tawtute flakes rutxe!)

Yeah, I'd love to see more group stuff and various speakers that come and go so we never have the same crowed each time.

P.S. I must be tired. Reading your post I read Paul S. as Paul F. and Carmen as Cameron.

P.P.S. Hmmm, you know, I've suddenly had like a 10000% boost to do more of this ON TOP of the 10000% boost from hearing the first episode of my already boosted drive to do this anyway by the thought of possibly having Paul F. or Cameron on this podcast sometime in the future.

....must...contain...fanatic....SQUEEEEE....[explodes]

kintìomum

It's too bad that that never-happened-episode contained most of what I contributed up till now...
I'm seeing myself glide into the role of never-to-be-heard-producer-in-the-background!
Folks!
We need to make more!
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

omängum fra'uti

Oel fpìl futa fì'u txantsan lu!

(but I won't pretend I didn't cringe about the language in a few points.) :P :P

Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 15, 2010, 05:21:03 AM
Oel fpìl futa fì'u txantsan lu!

(but I won't pretend I didn't cringe about the language in a few points.) :P :P

I have been so upset about the complete LACK of fun an interesting language instruction/discussion that my extremities have performed an adduction, causing a reduction in my size to the point of malfunction*! I am like a shriveled up lobster man; my cringe factor reducing me to sniping at passing bits of information that tease my ears very time I listen to this first episode.

We have to find the recipe for language insertion that a: works for the listener, and b: is actually useful (and not just recitation).

*I would like to apologize. I just woke up. I think I was channeling the public persona of Jesse Jackson.

But yeah, Ian will have a lesson plan for us this week. He told me so in a vision.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 15, 2010, 10:30:46 AM
We have to find the recipe for language insertion that a: works for the listener, and b: is actually useful (and not just recitation).

Na'vi tongue-twisters, perhaps? I think that a lot more people have trouble with the pronunciation than they let on. Perhaps if some people who have it nailed can come up with, say, sample sentences that aren't necessarily important meaning-wise, but contain many of the trickier syllables and clusters that trip up most people. In this way, not only are you helping people learn better pronunciation, but also having fun with just how complicated it can be if you try hard enough to make it so.

And more songs. Definitely more songs. Perhaps next time, give an English translation of the song after you sing it, that way people can not only learn new vocabulary but also a catchy tune (that they will most certainly commit to memory, get stuck in their head, and begin singing to themselves out loud at a very inopportune moment  ;D).

I still can't get over how awesome this is!

Kayrìlien

Rikxyu

Yes! I love it! I'm looking forward to the future of this podcast. It's got great potential.

BTW, I apologize for not being around for this recording. SO MUCH was happening... (sigh). Should be more available now, though.
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Please note: EVERYONE who is (or is still) interested in being a part of this podcast--please PM kintìomum for an application and FILL IT OUT. It is a show of seriousness, as we have had nothing but problems getting people to show up and be on the show. Don't answer any questions that are too private. But we need to know what you can do and what you WANT to do, so we can start handing out assignments and making firm recording schedules.

Currently (due to people flaking, dying, or disappearing) we need:

1: ON AIR cast members (be entertaining, or at least articulate, and know your Avatar movie/books)
2: A web designer.
3: Transcribers. No, it does not pay, but we get you free merch, and we love you forever.
4: off-air help--helping us get the podcast listed in the directories, basic internet research. You and the transcribers would be first in line if/when we get free stuff from the studio or other venues. This schedule is flexible, but we would need reliable peeps.

PM me directly with details---or---PM kintìomum for an app and fill it out thoroughly. Tell us what YOU want/need.

thank you :)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Fnua Atxkxe

Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed the Na'vi tribe interview, for future interviews, we will be taking questions from all of you about any info or topics you would like to hear discussed regarding the tribe, feel free to have a browse of the tribe section and send any questions or indeed comments to: [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you all :)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

DJ Makto

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 15, 2010, 09:47:30 PM
Please note: EVERYONE who is (or is still) interested in being a part of this podcast--please PM kintìomum for an application and FILL IT OUT. It is a show of seriousness, as we have had nothing but problems getting people to show up and be on the show. Don't answer any questions that are too private. But we need to know what you can do and what you WANT to do, so we can start handing out assignments and making firm recording schedules.

Currently (due to people flaking, dying, or disappearing) we need:

1: ON AIR cast members (be entertaining, or at least articulate, and know your Avatar movie/books)
2: A web designer.
3: Transcribers. No, it does not pay, but we get you free merch, and we love you forever.
4: off-air help--helping us get the podcast listed in the directories, basic internet research. You and the transcribers would be first in line if/when we get free stuff from the studio or other venues. This schedule is flexible, but we would need reliable peeps.

PM me directly with details---or---PM kintìomum for an app and fill it out thoroughly. Tell us what YOU want/need.

thank you :)

Pardon me, but what is a transcriber? Or more accurately what do they do? Is that creating a written transcript of the the podcast?  ???

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Kunsìp Makto on April 15, 2010, 10:42:41 PM
Pardon me, but what is a transcriber? Or more accurately what do they do? Is that creating a written transcript of the the podcast?  ???

That's exactly what a transcriber does :) Basically anything that was said in the podcast, they listen to and write it down creating a hard text copy.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 15, 2010, 10:57:03 PM

That's exactly what a transcriber does :) Basically anything that was said in the podcast, they listen to and write it down creating a hard text copy.

Yup, that's what I do.  I'm the cheif transcriber, pleased to meetcha!  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  I am incredibly active in my school band and theatre and I have lots of after school history study sessions over the next month so if yer interested shoot me a pm!

DJ Makto

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on April 15, 2010, 11:54:16 PM
Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 15, 2010, 10:57:03 PM
Pardon me, but what is a transcriber? Or more accurately what do they do? Is that creating a written transcript of the the podcast?  ???

Yup, that's what I do.  I'm the cheif transcriber, pleased to meetcha!  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  I am incredibly active in my school band and theatre and I have lots of after school history study sessions over the next month so if yer interested shoot me a pm!

Mmm, I'm tempted, though I would have to wait a few weeks till I graduate from college till I could make a commitment. Got 3 massive papers to finish and a job to keep up with. :(

I will definitely send a pm though.  

EDIT: Just finished listening to the podcast, its an awesome start.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

tyvm to everyone who has helped or posted kind words (or even not-so-kind words! :) )

Aykerusey mì Terìran is an absolute god-send. She is a real trooper, and thanks to her efforts and Peter, and a handful of others, this is starting to shape up. My genius songwriting partner (I can't spell his forum name of course) should be included on this list as well. He really nailed "American Pie" and we should have an early version up for one of the next podcasts. As soon as I can get this thing listed in all the directories (I will be working on that tonight and the weekend) we should start recording for th next episode. Hopefully we will be recording all next week. I want to get in 5 good segments and then cut that down to 3 or 4 after editing. Ian has promised us a fun Na'vi language lesson--but don't expect the cast to be good students. We are, after all, riff-raff and troublemakers as a rule.

kintìomum

Bah, now he's doing the "we're just ordinary folks like y'all"-speech again.
Let's bath some more moments in the high praise!
Ah...
OK, enough. We are people, not very organized, always ready to make fun of each other...

As for all those who want a chance on getting on the cast-list:
when you're sending me a PM please include your eMail-address.
I need it to a) send you the application and b) allow my provider to receive mails from you... Most mayor domains (yahoo, aol-mail and such) are blocked due to delicious saucy and almost-real-meat-spam.
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Rikxyu

Yay for hidden messages!

As for songs, this guy did an excellent job on his. Can't get it out of my head.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-lernen/das-lied-uber-die-geschichte-von-avatar/
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Kaltxì Palulukan!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-avatar-podcasts-from-absolute/id345957026

Apparently there is another "Avatar podcast!"

I am downloading every episode (squeeeeee!)

Okay, so the bad news: They are all rrrrrrrreally short! (1-5 minutes). It looks like they are video podcasts. Is this like "E" television show? Short TV/Movie hype with little substance? I dunno! But let's find out! Tell us what you think. I will report in, as soon as I get around to watching them.

Side note: Last night's recording sessions were the most fun we have had since January, when this idea was new and shiny. It was a bi rough getting started, but once we were going, everything gelled. AND WE GOT MORE PETER!! We ran waaaaaay over, so episode 2 may be a bit longer, even though we will try to hack it up as much as possible. These segments were more "long format" than last episode, as we really synched. Great cast last night. Thank you to everyone involved--extra-special thanks to JudyTuna for sitting in at the last minute. Wait until you hear our surprise guest!

We will get back our regular cast members soon--I promise!

Txur’Itan

They are aggressive about getting out on the red Carpet.  I see plenty of that elsewhere, I think that entertainment value can be a bit stronger by going into better depth on fan community projects and events.
私は太った男だ。

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 20, 2010, 01:32:48 PM
They are aggressive about getting out on the red Carpet.  I see plenty of that elsewhere, I think that entertainment value can be a bit stronger by going into better depth on fan community projects and events.

Yeah--I really want to showcase (in-depth) one fan creation every episode--especially the learning tools. I am hoping we can showcase the dictionary this week. It is a good "first tool" to really get the word out on.

6 days: 340 downloads and getting stronger every day (yaayz!) About 50 subscribers, and a new episode due next week (a more fun one).

Tirea Aean

yeah, that was a pretty awesome podcast. I would like to put in a segment each week for learning Na'vi. I want to make it easy. hearing these phrases will maybe put some pronunciation skills in those who havent cared about pronunciation before.

side note: that hilarious fail of a song at the end....what were the Na'vi lyrics?