It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

well you can find stuff on ISV on pandorapedia, and such. I do believe Cameron put a huge history and thought a metric **** ton about EVERY LITTLE THING in the movie. even each and every plant and animal.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kekerusey (Oe eyawr rutxe) on April 30, 2010, 04:42:14 AM
Just listened to the first podcast ... I absolutely loved the article on with the guy playing the ISV scientist/astronaut and discussing the "ISV Venture Star" from a technical POV. I'd be interested to know where all the information was sourced from ... was it Cameron's doing? If so, I have to say he's put some thought into it.

When's the next one?

Keke

That was Exlibrismortis. The guy is some kin of genius or something. His brain is so full of facts that he has researched from the internet, and probably from rocket science school that it was hard to keep up with him. But we managed to get back at him by asking some dumb questions (which was fun for us at least).
:)
Next episode. I was hoping tonight. Probably more like Monday, although I am pushing myself for Saturday/Sunday. It is "mostly done." It's just one (or two) last segments that are being edited. I will listen to what we have today (a few times) and see if we really need to record and add one more segment to round it out.

Advance notice: Episodes #3 and #4 will be special "themed episodes." It's time to pick your side: Eywa or RDA ;)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Niwantaw

i may be alone on the RDA side.......
*starts stockpiling weapons and food as well as fortifying house*
Only mostly AWOL.

DJ Makto

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 30, 2010, 10:04:59 AM

Nah you forgot about Col. Quaritch.  ;D

Kaltxì Palulukan!

We invited Col. Quaritch to appear as a special guest on the podcast.

NO WORD BACK

It makes me wonder if the colonel reads his PMs.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Update:

Episode #2 is all-but-complete, but we really need one more segment, so instead of being out today, it will be a few days, but this gives us time to work on episodes #3 (Everybody loves Eywa) and episode #4 RDA uber alles (formerly "The RDA Strikes back").

Special note: NOW is the time to choose whose side you are on: Both episodes will have funny moments, but they will both do their best to argue the point of their respective sides--because Avatar was a "fair" movie, and if you have read your ASGs, you will know that the "whole story" is that it is a clash of two civilizations--Earth is rrrreally messed up (um.. thanks to "us") and the RDA is simultaneously humankind's last hope and it's worst enemy.

So for fun, we will have two competing episodes (#'s 3 and 4) who, like salt and pepper shakers (one is white, the other is black) they do their best to make you like them. [

color=red]Over 700 listeners! (so far)[/color] woohoo!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Eaite Randjam

What exactly do you mean by "Sides"?  Actually, what would you exactly define the sides to be?  I might end up split in the middle on some aspects.   ::)

DJ Makto

Quote from: Eaite 'Randjam on May 02, 2010, 10:04:24 PM
What exactly do you mean by "Sides"?  Actually, what would you exactly define the sides to be?  I might end up split in the middle on some aspects.   ::)

Aye, I second this motion. I prefer the middle road.

Eaite Randjam

Well, I mean I'm analogous to Norm in the movie.  I'm a homegrown human, excited to be driving an AVATAR and being paid by the RDA.  Sweet!  The RDA doesn't like the people I like... BOO

kintìomum

Oh, I understand that!

And well, although I love the Na'vi and all... always remember this:
NO RDA - NO HUMANS (on Pandora and following that: none on Earth rather soon!)

As of the sock-problem: yeah... my mother is knitting various sizes "for leisure". There should be some that fit my mic...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 02, 2010, 09:20:20 PM
Update:

Episode #2 is all-but-complete, but we really need one more segment, so instead of being out today, it will be a few days, but this gives us time to work on episodes #3 (Everybody loves Eywa) and episode #4 RDA uber alles (formerly "The RDA Strikes back").

Special note: NOW is the time to choose whose side you are on: Both episodes will have funny moments, but they will both do their best to argue the point of their respective sides--because Avatar was a "fair" movie, and if you have read your ASGs, you will know that the "whole story" is that it is a clash of two civilizations--Earth is rrrreally messed up (um.. thanks to "us") and the RDA is simultaneously humankind's last hope and it's worst enemy.

So for fun, we will have two competing episodes (#'s 3 and 4) who, like salt and pepper shakers (one is white, the other is black) they do their best to make you like them. [

color=red]Over 700 listeners! (so far)[/color] woohoo!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I am strictly anti Human...

But I have been for a long time before this movie hit me upside my head...
私は太った男だ。

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Just for fun (like April Fools--only not), episodes #3 and #4 will represent the "Na'vi faction" and the "RDA faction."

Episode #3 will be an Eywa love fest (as every episode should be--but there I go again; editorializing). It will be a normal podcast, but pretty much everything will be slanted towards Eywa, and there will be some special "New-Agey" content specific to Pandora, Na'vi philosophy (comparison), Terran similarities, environmentalism, and other hippy crap.

Episode #4 will present information you will not see anywhere else. Earth is f----ed!! The RDA is here to fix that--at any cost (as long as it is profitable), and you know what? What is wrong with that? Profit means providing value to investors--those people who make the greatest of all human sacrifices (their hard-earned money!) to benefit MANkind: Yes, Ep #4 will be a patriarchal, authoritarian scare-fest designed to make you vote ullllllltra conservative. Profit uber alles (profit above everything, above all else), or "get your stinking hands off of MY money hippy!" Of course we will try to do this in a fun way. And we will have RDA tech talk, discussions of Earth's condition, and maybe just we wee bit of RDA corporate propaganda; AND, as a special bonus, we will unveil the new RDA Specs Ops recruiting song (they are like the army--commandeering popular music to sell their point of view), but as we cannot legally record it due to copyright issues, it will be cleverly(???) worked into one of our mini-skits.

Episode #5 (and there on) will return us to a "fair and balanced," unbiased playhouse of yapping about Avatar.

(800 listeners  :o :o :o --and no signs of slowing down--how do I say "THANK YOU!!!!!" ?)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

You and the colonel. You and the colonel.  ;D

Eaite Randjam

I could always be the secret double agent.... << >> ^^

Like I said before:
RDA paying me salary to work on Pandora:  Good!
Working closely with and helping Na'vi:  Good!
When the fit hits the shan:  Bad

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Okay, so it took all night to edit together, but CSI: Pandora (about 70 seconds I think) is so much fun (well to me at least) that I am not going to wait for episode #4 to put it in. I will include it in PC #2. We are set to record Wednesday, as E8 is not available tomorrow :(

So if Ian can get this edited with lightning speed, we should be live by Friday. I have the rest of the episode in the can. We just need this last ten minutes to be done.

kintìomum

I've heard it and it's really worth the terrible delay.
(No, I'm not fabricating excuses! Who said that?!)
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

Well, I'm stockpiled with work in school since that the examinations are coming up.  This summer if I don't have a job I would be easially capable of getting the website finalized.  THESE SOLS ARE ALWAYS UNSCHEDULED UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!!!!! >:(  I just want school to be over to be with ma aytsmukan and ma aytsmuke!!  But yeah, school really interferes now...despite how much I want to help.  Parents will "kill" me if I don't pass all my SOLs.  Especially they expect Advanced Proficency from the Algebra I SOL.  So I am studying as much as possible, until I get a headache...either from the heat, or from the studying. lol
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Kaltxì Palulukan!

okay--we recorded--now it is in the hands of Ian (and me). We will both work to get this to everyone by Friday night. But we are alwready hard at work scripting out episode 3. Expect an interview with the fish!

Tsyeymzi

This topic is relevant to my interests :)

Can anyone sum up what been going on with the podcasts? I'll have a listen to them once my net uncaps :(

Are they open for anyone to chime in on? Is it over Skype? Teamspeak? etc.
- The Signature is a Lie -

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 06, 2010, 12:32:04 AM
Expect an interview with the fish!
Heh, that makes him sound like some mafia guy.

(in a Italian accent)..."don't mess with us buddy or do you want The Fish to hear about this?"