It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 06, 2010, 12:32:04 AM
Expect an interview with the fish!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! What about an interveiw with Fish?

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on May 06, 2010, 11:59:02 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 06, 2010, 12:32:04 AM
Expect an interview with the fish!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! What about an interveiw with Fish?

It has been confirmed. Ian--get those questions ready--PM them to me. Do not post them here. I will ready the harsh lighting, cigarettes, blindfold, and various "instruments."
::)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

kintìomum

Now that will get interesting. I haven't heard anything on that coming up...
Answers, here we come!
(can anyone tell me what the questions were?)
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

omängum fra'uti

Txantsana fmawn!  Oe tìsyìng mikyun krr a tìtuselä tsaw lu hasey....  Tsakrr lu set! :D
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Niwantaw

who's the dork?

and i love CSI pandora
Only mostly AWOL.

Ftiafpi

A littttle jumpy at the beginning. Kind interesting but I was left with a lot of, "wait, what?" The language word bits probably need a little bit more of an intro too (one even overlapped a segment :(), they kinda just jump in. Also, the Paul Frommer message from me was extremely sudden, it was a little out of place... I guess some of these things need a little more of an intro. Also, weird hiss in the language section, somehow I bet this is my fault.

Anyway, all that aside, awesome podcast! This is becoming quite interesting and shows a lot of promise as well as a lot of really great points. CSI Pandora was really neat (if a little shaky in the acting) and the review of Losers was VERY well done. The advertisements were hilarious and really well done. The language section ended up quite good, I don't think I butchered my pronunciation too much :P

Can't wait for the next one.

P.S. Oh, yeah, and the bloopers and ending were txantsan!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on May 08, 2010, 01:34:13 PM
A littttle jumpy at the beginning. Kind interesting but I was left with a lot of, "wait, what?" The language word bits probably need a little bit more of an intro too (one even overlapped a segment :(), they kinda just jump in. Also, the Paul Frommer message from me was extremely sudden, it was a little out of place... I guess some of these things need a little more of an intro. Also, weird hiss in the language section, somehow I bet this is my fault.

Anyway, all that aside, awesome podcast! This is becoming quite interesting and shows a lot of promise as well as a lot of really great points. CSI Pandora was really neat (if a little shaky in the acting) and the review of Losers was VERY well done. The advertisements were hilarious and really well done. The language section ended up quite good, I don't think I butchered my pronunciation too much :P

Can't wait for the next one.

P.S. Oh, yeah, and the bloopers and ending were txantsan!

We need more production time. We had soooooo many technical issues that we were backed up against the wall. I will spend the next month tracking down elements to smooth out the transitions between segments. ALSO: I have stomped on the heads of cast members whose echoes and mics and other issues have caused editing Hell. Some of the best tidbits recorded did not make it into the final cut--simply due to the wonders of trying to edit a flat file (try to dig out words when people are talking over each other).

AND NO HATING THE ACTORS! (we are lucky to have anyone foolish enough to work with us at this point!)

But, all in all, for a handful of amateurs, "take 3" is not a bad start. We will keep you hooked with our dumb commercials while we steadily improve the quality of our recordings.

"Case  . . .   closed."

Kayrìlien

"We're, uhh...right behind "Three Tawtutes and a Baby".
God that show sucks."

Genius.

Kayrìlien

Attention investors! Prepare to increase the value of your portfolio by...a teeny tiny bit!

edit: This whole damn segment is actually the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Holy crap! I demand that the author/actors of this segment come forward immediately and accept a fresh batch of karma cookies!

Kayrìlien

judytuna

HAHA!! This was tons of fun to be a part of, and tons of fun to listen to the commercials... and CSI.... I'm holding on to my complimentary lead poisoning kit for dear life.

Can you give us the various lyrics for olo'eyktan tìming oeri smuktu? (???) I think I got that wrong here. Leader just gave me ... uhhh, siblings?

<3 <3 this is an awesome thing we have goin' on!
~judy

Mithcoriel

Oel ngati kame is something you don't say to people you never met? ^^ But they say it to the animals they just killed?

What, people can make text comments while you record this? Where?

What, fìtsenge is pronounced "fitseengeh"? I thought it was fitsehngeh. Isn't the E pronounced "eh" and not "ee" ? ???

ma judytuna: I think it was olo'eyktan tìming oeri tukru (the leader gave me a spear)
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

omängum fra'uti

They say it to animals as a form of respect.  You wouldn't go around saying "Oel ngati kameie" to everyone you meet.

And fìtsenge is with the "eh" sound.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

This is from Prrton (in a reply to my original posting of the Old Mc Donald song):

This is too fantastic! Txantslan nìhawng leiu nang!  ;D

You totally inspired me, so I've stolen your idea and thanks to the incredible flexibility of Na'vi word order, I offer a musical reply.

Olo'eyktánta túkrut-tìmél
  Iray--Iray--oooo

Ha oéyä túkrúfá tskxékeng óe
  Iray--Iray--oooo

Set takuk mìfìtseng

Ult' 'eko mìsatseng

fìtseng takuk, tsatseng 'eko

Takuk takuk! Makto KO!

Olo'eyktánta túkrut-tìmél
  Iray--Iray--oooo

nìÌnglìsì

I just got a spear from the Chief of our clan
  Thank you. Thank you. Soooo.

So I practice with my spear wherever I go

Now I strike over here,

And atack over there.

Here a strike, there attack!

We're off to ride, so watch your back!

I received a spear from the Chief of our clan

AND, I believe the next verse might start with:

Nári si, mìsátseng lu palulukán!
  Zéne set kivä KO!

I predict that this and expanded future versions of this will be sung (rather LOUDLY) at conventions across our fair planet.  ;)

Here is his post: http://forum.learnnavi.org/fan-music/old-mc-donald-song/msg75817/#msg75817

Kaltxì Palulukan!

UPDATE:

I fixed a few sound problems in episode #2 and took out the offending words Ian did not like. Please vote for our Na'vi podcast! help spread the love of Avatar! (It takes 2 seconds--click here, and click on the vote--that is it--no registration required)

Click to vote -->  please http://blog.radioavatar.com/ (it's the green button on the left)

omängum fra'uti

KP, how do you set this up so people can subscribe to it on itunes?  I've had a request for that with the lessons I'm working on, and have never done anything like a podcast before.

BTW, y'all need to learn to pronounce Na'vi. :)  And to answer an unasnwered question...

A "voiced" t, k or p, would be d, g or b respectively.  Which of course Na'vi doesn't have.  The difference between a voiced and unvoiced consonant is one you make a sound with your vocal cords for, the other is just the air moving that makes the sound.  But otherwise the letters are the same.  Some other unvoiced/voiced pairs are s/z or f/v.

And finally, an unreleased consonant, you can't just say it by closing your throat.  That would just be a glottal stop, and would not differentiate between the sound of t, k and p.  Closing the lips does change the sound to make it distinctly P-like.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on May 09, 2010, 07:30:21 PM
KP, how do you set this up so people can subscribe to it on itunes?  I've had a request for that with the lessons I'm working on, and have never done anything like a podcast before.

BTW, y'all need to learn to pronounce Na'vi. :)  And to answer an unasnwered question...

A "voiced" t, k or p, would be d, g or b respectively.  Which of course Na'vi doesn't have.  The difference between a voiced and unvoiced consonant is one you make a sound with your vocal cords for, the other is just the air moving that makes the sound.  But otherwise the letters are the same.  Some other unvoiced/voiced pairs are s/z or f/v.

And finally, an unreleased consonant, you can't just say it by closing your throat.  That would just be a glottal stop, and would not differentiate between the sound of t, k and p.  Closing the lips does change the sound to make it distinctly P-like.

See? This is why we NEED a real Na'vi language expert on the show--even as a guest, or segments that can be inserted. My MAIN purpose is to entertain, and spread the Avatar love to casual fans, who can enjoy our dumb little show and get more serious about Avatar and Na'vi, and the philosophies involved (or in the case of episode #4--they can drink the corporate Kool-Aid we will be dishing out by the bucketful).

I am "all for" Na'vi instruction. Personally, I would like to see it done in an enjoyable way, but serious Na'vi language instruction is a must, and should be undertaken. I fought and fought with the whole iTunes thing. I finally found a free service that covers everything: Prep your lessons. Get them in order (at least mentally) so you know where you will be going with these, and then make sure they are in mp3 format with all of the tags in place. You can do this easily by opening them up in iTunes and tagging them up there by right clicking on them and clicking "Get Info" and filling in the blank spaces. That will carry over into iTunes.

Now, the easiest way to get listed on iTunes and not have to keep updating it every episode is to sign up at podomatic (here: https://www.podomatic.com/path/signup_basic). It only takes a few seconds. Go for the free account. Add your recorded mp3's and podomatic will walk you through your iTunes subscription process. VERY IMPORTANT: You must subscribe to your podcast on iTunes.

If you don't subscribe, no one will find it. Every podcast has to have that first subscriber to kick-start Apple's attention-span. Then you can start promoting it. We have a few hundred friends on FB, and a crappy following on Twitter. If you come out with a serious lesson plan podcast series I would be more than happy to promote it for you both on the show and on FB etc. Also, podomatic will show you a few directories to list your podcast in. Don't forget the ping services as well. Everything stated here should get you up, out, and a few hundred followers fairly quickly.

meow

omängum fra'uti

Ftiafpi's usually pretty good, I'm surprised he got those pronunciations a little off.  Tìng had contacted me way back when about something, but then got busy and I never heard anything more.

I actually already have two episodes finished and up for download.  It's easy to make something when you don't have to coordinate people together and try and edit lots of different sources with different acoustic qualities, sound levels, noise levels, etc.  But on the other hand, my stuff is pretty boring, like listening to a lecture.  Because that's basically what it is.

Thanks for the tips on itunes!  I'll see what I can get going.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

okay--now you made me do it. I just went on FB and told everyone to expect a REAL Na'vi lesson podcast series ("in the works!") so you have a fandom now. Don't let them down, as I hear they have pitchforks and torches. The people are demanding audio Na'vi lessons!

Niwantaw

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 09, 2010, 11:02:14 PM
okay--now you made me do it. I just went on FB and told everyone to expect a REAL Na'vi lesson podcast series ("in the works!") so you havd a fandom now. Don't let them down, as I hear they have pitchforks and torches. The people are demanding audio Na'vi lessons!
and automatic rifles too!!
Only mostly AWOL.