It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

and neurotoxin tipped arrows!
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Niwantaw

And feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only mostly AWOL.

DJ Makto

Not to mention all those hungry ikran waiting for a tasty morsel.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on May 09, 2010, 10:58:33 PM
Ftiafpi's usually pretty good, I'm surprised he got those pronunciations a little off.  Tìng had contacted me way back when about something, but then got busy and I never heard anything more.

I actually already have two episodes finished and up for download.  It's easy to make something when you don't have to coordinate people together and try and edit lots of different sources with different acoustic qualities, sound levels, noise levels, etc.  But on the other hand, my stuff is pretty boring, like listening to a lecture.  Because that's basically what it is.

Thanks for the tips on itunes!  I'll see what I can get going.

Yeah, I'm better when I can take my time and listen to things afterwords, I really need to getting working on fixing some of those final bad habits I still have (I blame the movie for most of them, :P)

But, yes, pronunciation fail on "fìtsenge".

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Tìng had contacted me way back when about something,
(snip)

Yeah, I sent her after you. Sorry, I had totally forgot. That was a long time ago. I had you painted with a laser the moment I brought her on board. She was to get you to teach some Na'vi, as the rest of us are sophomoric at best: adolescent pleebs whose only goal in life is to OMG what's that?

(with no attention spans)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 09, 2010, 11:41:59 PM
(snip)

Yeah, I sent her after you. Sorry, I had totally forgot. That was a long time ago. I had you painted with a laser the moment I brought her on board. She was to get you to teach some Na'vi, as the rest of us are sophomoric at best: adolescent pleebs whose only goal in life is to OMG what's that?

Ian is really far more talented than he lets on. He is just a bit lazy sometimes in editing, but that goes with his level of genius. Oh well. We are lucky to have him around.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 09, 2010, 11:02:14 PM
okay--now you made me do it. I just went on FB and told everyone to expect a REAL Na'vi lesson podcast series ("in the works!") so you have a fandom now. Don't let them down, as I hear they have pitchforks and torches. The people are demanding audio Na'vi lessons!
http://navilessons.podomatic.com/ :)

Just trying to figure out how to edit the title now that it's published, heh.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on May 09, 2010, 11:45:19 PM
okay--now you made me do it. I just went on FB and told everyone to expect a REAL Na'vi lesson podcast series ("in the works!") so you have a fandom now. Don't let them down, as I hear they have pitchforks and torches. The people are demanding audio Na'vi lessons!

okay, so I just checked. To edit the podcast EPISODE title, click on "My Podcast" (in the black bar) and you will see it. on the right side of the page is your description. At the very bottom of that it says edit. That allows you to change the name of your episode listing as well as the description. As far as anything else, I think you have to "post an episode" and redo it from that angle--but that only takes a few moments.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Okay, so just a head's up.

I will be picking up my TSAHIK license plates tomorrow. (Gives me an excuse to take the day off! :) ) So i started thinking.

I will use the following images for the podcast covers, just because i think it is fun, for some reason:

episode #3 my        TSAHIK    plates
episode #4 Clay's    SKXAWNG plates
episode #5 Alton's   MYIKRAN  plates

I am revealing all of this early so that I can ask people to nag the hell out of the fish formerly known as Seabass to go online and tell the DMV to give him EYKTAN plates, and to post pictures proving that he has done so. Please join the movement and nag that rat-bastard to get some Avatar vanity plates.

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 09, 2010, 11:53:52 PM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on May 09, 2010, 11:45:19 PM

okay, so I just checked. To edit the podcast EPISODE title, click on "My Podcast" (in the black bar) and you will see it. on the right side of the page is your description. At the very bottom of that it says edit. That allows you to change the name of your episode listing as well as the description. As far as anything else, I think you have to "post an episode" and redo it from that angle--but that only takes a few moments.
Bleh I may need to re-do it all.  I have a slightly different account name vs URL, and it's using the former where it should be using the latter in the itunes subscription link.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Well, let us all know. I will repost the promos to everyone, if necessary, refollow and resubscribe.

By the way, this doesn't hurt traffic either: http://feedshark.brainbliss.com/

It's free and takes about 15 seconds to figure out, 45 to execute.

omängum fra'uti

The correct iTunes URL would be...
itpc://navilessons.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

The normal feed URL (Which is the same thing but with http instead) is just fine.

Eaite Randjam

Okay, on blog.radioavatar.com we are listed as being "Explicit"
WHY?  Was it my big blue butt joke?

DJ Makto

Quote from: Eaite 'Randjam on May 10, 2010, 12:50:38 AM
WHY?  Was it my big blue butt joke?

I bet its all those Na'vi translations of those Andrew Dice Clay one liners.  ;D

EDIT: Honestly this puzzles me as well... ???

Eaite Randjam

I know I'm not a potty mouth.... most of the time.  I take pride in using an extensive vocabulary to express myself and make myself seem like an upperclass twit.  :D

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eaite 'Randjam on May 10, 2010, 12:50:38 AM
WHY?  Was it my big blue butt joke?

It was Judy calling Darth Vader a p****, and my saying that everyone had better (bleep)ing sing, or else...

I erred on the side of caution, so that iTunes didn't kick us. But Judy's line was priceless. (NOTE: Judy's line was perfectly acceptable on the radio, so it is fine--but I wanted to make sure parents of 8 year olds were given sufficient warning for THIS episode).

James Cameron and I have one thing in common (well, aside from dashingly good looks, a razor sharp wit, and impeccable fashion sense). We both swear like a sailor on air. Have you heard some of his interviews?

:D :D :D

Oh yeah, and then there is his famous HMFIC! hat he had made during a heated debate on set. I want a HMFIC! hat! :(

omängum fra'uti

Hey KP, a bit OT here (I set such a great example don't I) but go look at the mightyverse phrases (here if you haven't seen it) and look closely at the shirt there.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 09, 2010, 11:43:47 PM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 09, 2010, 11:41:59 PM
(snip)

Ian is really far more talented than he lets on. He is just a bit lazy sometimes in editing, but that goes with his level of genius. Oh well. We are lucky to have him around.

Lazy. Hah! Try extremely busy. Plus, editing takes time, for every hour recorded multiply it by 2 to 3 (even 4 if it's really poor quality) to get how many hours I put in.

omängum fra'uti

I'm going to side with fifi here.  Editing is ke ftue.  Even just editing my short bits takes time, and usually involves listening to it several times through the process.  And that like,y goes for each source individually.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on May 10, 2010, 01:11:19 PM
I'm going to side with fifi here.  Editing is ke ftue.  Even just editing my short bits takes time, and usually involves listening to it several times through the process.  And that like,y goes for each source individually.
Yeah, if I have 6 people and 4 of them have poor quality recordings I have to listen to those 4 tracks individually almost all the way through to find bits that need to be edited out. Then when I compile it I have to make sure there's no syncing problems or people talking over other people or what not. Then after all that I usually have to give it one good listen through to edit out things that should be there (such as talking outside the podcast or stuff that needs to be cut or whatever). So, yeah, an hour of recording can (and has) take up a whole evening. </editing rant>

However, if given good audio, editing can go really quickly, usually requiring only one listen through of the whole thing. It's totally worth it too, nothing worse than a poorly edited podcast. I just wish I had more time, otherwise I'd do the whole show, not just editing the audio together and doing minor cutting and what not.