It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsawke'ong

And yes: voice actors are welcome. We have bits to record. Please email audition data or questions to me directly: [email protected]. Be sure to PM me here as well, as I am here far more than I am ever checking email anyway. [/quote]

Drats! I wish I had the recording software! I've video recorded myself speaking on my phone camera and happen to be fond of my recorded voice!
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

kintìomum

If you've got a headset try out audacity.
I started yesterday and in the moments when I don't start laughing like a madman I'm producing better stuff than before.
It seems to take some time to get used to hearing ones voice...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Eaite Randjam

Audacity is truly a great piece of free recording and editing software.  I use it everytime I record or mix something.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tsawke'ong Lrrtok on February 21, 2010, 11:00:55 PM
Drats! I wish I had the recording software! I've video recorded myself speaking on my phone camera and happen to be fond of my recorded voice!

Sound Recorder is in the "Accessories" menu in Windows, and I hear Garage Band comes with every Mac (or you can download Audacity free)

:)

Let' see what you got kid.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

'eylan na'viyä

if you cant install software for any reason or dont need to adjust anythhing there is also a simple 1click online recorder/hoster
http://www.vocaroo.com/

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on February 22, 2010, 01:18:22 AM
if you cant install software for any reason or dont need to adjust anythhing there is also a simple 1click online recorder/hoster
Oh, now THAT is cool.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

'eylan na'viyä

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 22, 2010, 01:20:53 AM
Quote from: 'eylan na'viyä on February 22, 2010, 01:18:22 AM
Oh, now THAT is cool.

if someone changes the forumsettings you would even be able to embed it into posts
http://forum.learnnavi.org/audio/recording-and-sharing-voiceaudio-directly-within-your-browser-using-vocaroo/

JayWalker

Someone mentioned to me on teamspeak that you guys are looking for some "voice talent"/announcer voice type stuff for a few recordings? According to some on teamspeak I have a good announcer voice so if you want some clips/audition whatnots, I can do that in the morning. It's 2:40am right now though, so I'm going to bed.

Eaite Randjam

I've humbly submitted an impromptu audition tape last night.  I hope I didn't sound all too dorky.

jasgor9

I think this would be great! I could put it on my MP3 player and listen to it whenever. And for what you should teach: anything. If it will help me learn the Na'Vi language, I'll listen. Good luck!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 22, 2010, 07:57:51 AM
I've humbly submitted an impromptu audition tape last night.  I hope I didn't sound all too dorky.
No, you sounded fine. I think I replied to you. PM me if I have not.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Here is the new logo:

:)

My brainchild--Rolyu's talented pen. You likie?

kintìomum

Looking at it again (yeah, I confess: I knew it before) I now realize that our chosen artist has even done some neat trickery on the shadows.
Normally you'd see the shadow of the queue, but in this POV here it's merged with the shadow of the tail.
More and more I like it.

edit: grammar and headache not likey!
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Mithcoriel

Ooh, podcast sounds interesting.
Ideas: Mention a forum thread that's "hot" and interesting at the moment, for those who missed it. Saves us the trouble of searching ourselves. :D
Humour? Yes please (meaning act your dorky selves, don't edit out parts that turned out silly etc.)
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Rain

Has anyone else noticed the "pocket protector" just below the hand holding the screwdriver/tool? Lol Nerd'vi
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: kintìomum on March 02, 2010, 11:35:24 PM
Looking at it again (yeah, I confestt: I knew it before) I now realize that our chosen artist has even done some neat trickery on the shadows.
Normally you'd see the shadow of the queue, but in this POV here it's merged with the shadow of the tail.
More and more I like it.

I love the grounding strap. *I* only know what a grounding strap is because ma sempu was an aerospace engineer for the Apollo projects (going to the moon). How SHE knew what a grounding strap was, and how to place one in a cartoon is beyond me. I want to build an altar to her :) She is too smart for me.

omängum fra'uti

Not to derail this off topic, but has anyone considered doing a podcast type thing entirely in Na'vi.  Not sure how hard it would be to come up with material, but I think it would be pretty cool (And would love to contribute to were such a thing to happen).
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 04, 2010, 01:52:35 AM
Not to derail this off topic, but has anyone considered doing a podcast type thing entirely in Na'vi.  Not sure how hard it would be to come up with material, but I think it would be pretty cool (And would love to contribute to were such a thing to happen).

That is a good point.

IMHO (only) . . . "Entirely in Na'vi" would be too hard for most people. Hearing Na'vi is not like reading Na'vi. At this stage people would listen and have difficulty following along, and lose interest very quickly. HOWEVER . . . That is only my opinion, and I reserve the right to be wrong, pretty much about everything.

I did register the domain navipodcst.com specifically for the eventuality that someone would teach Na'vi over podcast. I say someone, as I have plans for my sound engineer, who seems to want to go down this road, but I have no idea how this will all play out. But I did want to establish a beach head and provide enough of a foundation that all someone would have to do is record the podcast and upload them, and not have to worry about paying to host them, designing a website, listing with podcast alley and iTunes, and what not, or issues like bandwidth, and of course promoting them--which is the most expensive, or time consuming part.

As there is no money in any of this, my goal is simply to make a central "fun" podcast that explores Avatar and teaches Na'vi to the masses, and hopefully we will find a way to get more "Na'vi dedicated," or as you might say, "Na'vi exclusive," podcasts under the radio avatar umbrella (makes them easier to find--encourages people to download them all). But of course I always encourage anyone to peruse any creative avenue, as the world thrives on creative thought--not on limitations.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 04, 2010, 09:49:28 AM

That is a good point.

IMHO (only) . . . "Entirely in Na'vi" would be too hard for most people. Hearing Na'vi is not like reading Na'vi. At this stage people would listen and have difficulty following along, and lose interest very quickly. HOWEVER . . . That is only my opinion, and I reserve the right to be wrong, pretty much about everything.

I did register the domain navipodcst.com specifically for the eventuality that someone would teach Na'vi over podcast. I say someone, as I have plans for my sound engineer, who seems to want to go down this road, but I have no idea how this will all play out. But I did want to establish a beach head and provide enough of a foundation that all someone would have to do is record the podcast and upload them, and not have to worry about paying to host them, designing a website, listing with podcast alley and iTunes, and what not, or issues like bandwidth, and of course promoting them--which is the most expensive, or time consuming part.

As there is no money in any of this, my goal is simply to make a central "fun" podcast that explores Avatar and teaches Na'vi to the masses, and hopefully we will find a way to get more "Na'vi dedicated," or as you might say, "Na'vi exclusive," podcasts under the radio avatar umbrella (makes them easier to find--encourages people to download them all). But of course I always encourage anyone to peruse any creative avenue, as the world thrives on creative thought--not on limitations.

I think we we need an all in Na'vi joke section, with translation  and pronunciation guides, made at first of translation errors.  Many of which may very well be my own fault.

Lu oeru aynari ~ Intended translation "look to me" ~ LIT: Give me your eyeballs (more than 4)...
私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 04, 2010, 09:49:28 AM
Not to derail this off topic, but has anyone considered doing a podcast type thing entirely in Na'vi.  Not sure how hard it would be to come up with material, but I think it would be pretty cool (And would love to contribute to were such a thing to happen).

That is a good point.

My thinking isn't so much so people could listen to it and understand it right away as a podcast.

Rather, there is not a lot of lot spoken dialog in Na'vi.  Frommer's letter is a big chunk of what we have, if not the majority.  So it would be nice to get something more out there.  Even if people aren't yet able to understand it on hearing it, it will be training towards that goal.  And a provided transcription can potentially help.

Of course that means you'd need to make sure to get people who can get at least fairly close to correct pronunciation fairly consistently.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!