It's Na'vi podcast time!

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 10, 2010, 11:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

EPISODE #3 IS UP!! Please download it--and tell your friends!! (<----link)

EPISODE #2 IS UP!! Please download it--and tell your friends!! (<----link)

EPISODE #1 IS UP!! Please download it--and tell your friends!!

Official updates is here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

or here:

http://blog.radioavatar.com

Episode #2 transctipts: http://blog.radioavatar.com/2010/05/17/autosaved-105846-pm.aspx

Please subscribe on iTunes here: itpc://RadioAvatar.podOmatic.com/rss2.xml

First episode is up:

http://media.podcastingmanager.com/9/0/7/3/4/253192-243709/Media/ATA-1.mp3

I never saw "Howdy Doody" (a truly ancient kids TV?/Radio? show) but for some reason I have the theme song stuck in my head ("It's Howdy Doody Time! It's Howdy Doody Time!" <---repeat ad nauseum, or "until you vomit).

Well, this one has been in the works for a while, but that stupid activity book was in the way. You have downloaded YOUR OWN copy of the full and complete 100 page "Learn Na'vi the Easy Way!" srak? (If not, please click here)

Anyway, so a few of us are making an unofficial "All things Avatar" podcast. The formal name of it will either be All things Avatar, or Radio Avatar, or three smart people and me, but we will have some fun with that. What concerns me is making this project fun to do, fun to listen to, and a great way for fans all over the world to connect. Not everyone knows about LearnNavi.org ("yet!"), and I aim to change that.

In the interest in us making a podcast that is more fun for you, I am looking for ideas or concerns. Keep in mind this may not change how I put this together, but I do want to see if anyone has strong feelings on the matter. My original thoughts are a mix of news, a few occasional bad jokes, (polite) arguments on various points of the movie or the ASG, and of course LOTS and LOTS of discussion, theorizing, "what if's", some RDA stuff, and when we can, guest interviews. I don't want to give away all of the secrets just yet, as that would take away the fun of discovery, but I didn't want to wait until the first episode was "in the can" to spring on you that we are planning this especially for you--and for our new LN members we are hoping to attract by getting the podcast in as many hands as possible.

So I have a question for you: What would you like to hear most? Comedy (don't expect us to tell jokes or write funny skits--we will just be ourselves, and you might actually get a chuckle out of some dumb thing we say), Avatar movie news, RDA speculation? We have ideas planned out but I want to make sure that your input is heard and acted upon. My goal here is to help us all get a little closer, even if we never meet in person. Of course we will have a LOT of segments on learning Na'vi, and I am hoping we can get some recurring guests who will help us perfect our pronunciation and grammar (wait until you hear me try to say "eye--ray--oh!")

:)

Okay, so there's the big announcement. We will try to create something fun and entertaining. The first few episodes may be a little rough, but that is all part of the fun. What do YOU want? What do YOU think? What do YOU want to learn?
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Alyara

I am very much looking forward to this! Especially as an extreme NEWB to the Na'vi language (and the learning part). It will be ten shades of awesome to have a podcast that focuses on two things that many of us are quite interested in; Avatar (as a film) and the Na'vi language.

The big part will be hearing the pronunciation of words... well for me anyway. I learn a great deal better and faster from listening when it comes to a new language. So I guess pronunciation sections in the podcast would be nice.

Just wanted to say I am excited to hear about this! Can I be the first #1 listener?  ;D

Sorry I didn't add anything more useful!

Ftiafpi

Woohoo!

One thing I would like to see would be a sample phrase that you teach people each episode.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 11, 2010, 08:49:52 AM
Woohoo!

One thing I would like to see would be a sample phrase that you teach people each episode.

I teach? I teach? YOU teach! You are in on this too mister! Start thinking up phrases!  ;D

(I am outing Ftiafpi -- he is our sound editor, and hopefully "Na'vi phrase teacher" on air as well). Cat's out the bag now. Hmmm... I need a picture of a cat in a bag--verrry funny.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 11, 2010, 11:08:05 AM
Woohoo!

I teach? I teach? YOU teach! You are in on this too mister! Start thinking up phrases!  ;D

(I am outing Ftiafpi -- he is our sound editor, and hopefully "Na'vi phrase teacher" on air as well). Cat's out the bag now. Hmmm... I need a picture of a cat in a bag--verrry funny.

Rofl, well fine, I will happily do that.

kintìomum

As long as you don't try to stick a palulukan into a bag everythings funny!

Err... damn, had an idea that sounded worth being listened to. Maybe I'll find it somewhere under the table later. Or when I got some sleep...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

'Awve Tìkameie

This sounds fantastic! I would definitly be watching/listening to this whenever there would be a new episode!

All the ideas that you stated in the main post sounded good. I specifically like the guest idea, Movie News, debates, and the Learn Na'vi segmants. Another great idea!
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Atan Aylaru

I've listened to some other fan-created podcasts in the past, and one thing led to my boredom: 10-15 full minutes of monotone on a single topic.  My one tip is not to make it too long for those of us with ADD; otherwise, everything should be great.  I'm definitely looking forward to this!
"Hey!  Ngaru lu fpom srak?"
"What the heck is that?"
"It's uh, Na'vi, you know, from 'Avatar'."
"Sorry, I haven't seen that movie."
o_0

Join Strange Lands - A Pandoran RP: http://forum.learnnavi.org/role-play/strange-lands-a-pandoran-rp-character-thread/

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Can we do one topic so long as we do a kooky voice?

I wants my culture...
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Nume fpi sänume

Highlight something small, but new every week. One week you could do a little piece about one of our projects that are being developed, like a short little 2 min thing, then the next week you could move to something else, perhaps people trying to do some Na'vi meetups could take pictures/video, you could do something quick about that. I think the "find me something new" each week would help a lot to keep stagnation away, even if it was just 1-2 mins.

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 11, 2010, 08:21:27 PM
Highlight something small, but new every week. One week you could do a little piece about one of our projects that are being developed, like a short little 2 min thing, then the next week you could move to something else, perhaps people trying to do some Na'vi meetups could take pictures/video, you could do something quick about that. I think the "find me something new" each week would help a lot to keep stagnation away, even if it was just 1-2 mins.

Yeah, I like the idea of the projects being developed. Meetups are good, too. I wouldn't mind seeing some episodes being longer than 2-3 minutes. I know that if interviews were to start, it would be longer, but still.

Question to Kaltxi Palulukan
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

The podcast will be longer than 2-3 minutes, more like 40 minutes, it'll just have some short segments and then longer discussions.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 11, 2010, 03:21:38 PM
Woohoo!

Rofl, well fine, I will happily do that.

EYE--RAY--Oh! my smukan

(See? This is why you need to be the vocal coach)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Atan Aylaru on February 11, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
I've listened to some other fan-created podcasts in the past, and one thing led to my boredom: 10-15 full minutes of monotone on a single topic.  My one tip is not to make it too long for those of us with ADD; otherwise, everything should be great.  I'm definitely looking forward to this!

We will work on our ADD, so that even if we are on one topic, it will be three or four of us all arguing, meowing (that would be me), or demanding that our interns need to run to Starbucks for us--so it will be more like the monkey cage at the zoo at times.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Wait, since when do monkeys get interns and starbucks? That's better than what I get, maybe I should work at the zoo.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 11, 2010, 08:21:27 PM
Goo points boss-man

From the outset I wanted to showcase something every week (any of the dictionaries or dictionary softwares, a Na'vi band, grammar sheets, artwork, fan fiction--the way I see it, over time, many of our fans will NOT be from LN, and part of the the podcast purpose is to unite Avatar fans and give them exposure to LN. Also, a LOT of LN members do not know about the dictionaries, workbook, iron gamer's site, the Na'vi walkthrough, or our titillating discussion on Toruk. Face it, the forum is already too big to keep up with everything, and it is getting a bit imposing to newcomers. Where to begin? What to do? Well, we want to help people find the bestest parts. AND we want to help anyone who has taken the time to create something find an audience. So you are exactly on target--new things every week, and the usual speculation, conspiracy theories, and arguments over who is cooler: Toruk or Palu. Oh, and what Na'vi mermaids would look like. (Green?)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Hawnu-yu Eywa-yä on February 11, 2010, 08:53:27 PM

Tìng Eywatikìte'e is my co-host, but it is wise to refer to her as the boss, and do so with sincere respect. She is a real trooper, mod, frequent poster here, and add to that school, "a life," -- and add to that (if you read enough of her posts you will discover that) she is intelligent, kind, and extremely considerate of others. I value her highly, so by popular vote she is queen bee. Technowraith and kinothoum (sp?) are our other full time cast members, and our sound engineer is Ftiafpi. Everyone was hand-selected, so it should be a fun show. But of course the first few episodes will be a bit rough while we find our feet. I am not worried about that. I "am" worried about how to best reach out to casual Avatar fans and make them rabid Na'vi (language) fans. But that's why I get the big chair. As to location, this will take place on planet "Earth." We currently represent two continents. By episode 50 I hope to represent at least 4. (Um.. wraith, that may mean you moving to Iceland--but I hear it is really nice there in the Summer).

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 11, 2010, 10:18:51 PM

I am not worried about that. I "am" worried about how to best reach out to casual Avatar fans and make them rabid Na'vi (language) fans. But that's why I get the big chair. As to location, this will take place on planet "Earth." We currently represent two continents. By episode 50 I hope to represent at least 4. (Um.. wraith, that may mean you moving to Iceland--but I hear it is really nice there in the Summer).

Humor is king...

Today's lesson kids.  Prr.kxen.trr.krr

Say it with me.

If you are cunning, and a linguist, you can figure out what this word means.
私は太った男だ。

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 11, 2010, 10:18:51 PM

Tìng Eywatikìte'e is my co-host, but it is wise to refer to her as the boss, and do so with sincere respect. She is a real trooper, mod, frequent poster here, and add to that school, "a life," -- and add to that (if you read enough of her posts you will discover that) she is intelligent, kind, and extremely considerate of others. I value her highly, so by popular vote she is queen bee. Technowraith and kinothoum (sp?) are our other full time cast members, and our sound engineer is Ftiafpi. Everyone was hand-selected, so it should be a fun show. But of course the first few episodes will be a bit rough while we find our feet. I am not worried about that. I "am" worried about how to best reach out to casual Avatar fans and make them rabid Na'vi (language) fans. But that's why I get the big chair. As to location, this will take place on planet "Earth." We currently represent two continents. By episode 50 I hope to represent at least 4. (Um.. wraith, that may mean you moving to Iceland--but I hear it is really nice there in the Summer).

Haha, irayo  ;)
Yes, I've read many of Tìng Eywatikìte'e posts, and I agree with you. She is very wise, kind, and so much more. Everyone else on the list of members are also great people. I can't wait for the first podcast!
Eywa ngahu tsmukan

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Aww *blushes* You guys are too sweet! I'm very excited to get this process rolling, but Kaltxí is more the boss the anyone. Big Cheese, Godfather, Boss-man. He's awesome.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng