Community Projects > Radio Avatar

It's Na'vi podcast time!

(1/58) > >>

Kaltxì Palulukan!:
EPISODE #3 IS UP!! Please download it--and tell your friends!! (<----link)

EPISODE #2 IS UP!! Please download it--and tell your friends!! (<----link)

EPISODE #1 IS UP!! Please download it--and tell your friends!!

Official updates is here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

or here:

http://blog.radioavatar.com

Episode #2 transctipts: http://blog.radioavatar.com/2010/05/17/autosaved-105846-pm.aspx

Please subscribe on iTunes here: itpc://RadioAvatar.podOmatic.com/rss2.xml

First episode is up:

http://media.podcastingmanager.com/9/0/7/3/4/253192-243709/Media/ATA-1.mp3

I never saw "Howdy Doody" (a truly ancient kids TV?/Radio? show) but for some reason I have the theme song stuck in my head ("It's Howdy Doody Time! It's Howdy Doody Time!" <---repeat ad nauseum, or "until you vomit).

Well, this one has been in the works for a while, but that stupid activity book was in the way. You have downloaded YOUR OWN copy of the full and complete 100 page "Learn Na'vi the Easy Way!" srak? (If not, please click here)

Anyway, so a few of us are making an unofficial "All things Avatar" podcast. The formal name of it will either be All things Avatar, or Radio Avatar, or three smart people and me, but we will have some fun with that. What concerns me is making this project fun to do, fun to listen to, and a great way for fans all over the world to connect. Not everyone knows about LearnNavi.org ("yet!"), and I aim to change that.

In the interest in us making a podcast that is more fun for you, I am looking for ideas or concerns. Keep in mind this may not change how I put this together, but I do want to see if anyone has strong feelings on the matter. My original thoughts are a mix of news, a few occasional bad jokes, (polite) arguments on various points of the movie or the ASG, and of course LOTS and LOTS of discussion, theorizing, "what if's", some RDA stuff, and when we can, guest interviews. I don't want to give away all of the secrets just yet, as that would take away the fun of discovery, but I didn't want to wait until the first episode was "in the can" to spring on you that we are planning this especially for you--and for our new LN members we are hoping to attract by getting the podcast in as many hands as possible.

So I have a question for you: What would you like to hear most? Comedy (don't expect us to tell jokes or write funny skits--we will just be ourselves, and you might actually get a chuckle out of some dumb thing we say), Avatar movie news, RDA speculation? We have ideas planned out but I want to make sure that your input is heard and acted upon. My goal here is to help us all get a little closer, even if we never meet in person. Of course we will have a LOT of segments on learning Na'vi, and I am hoping we can get some recurring guests who will help us perfect our pronunciation and grammar (wait until you hear me try to say "eye--ray--oh!")

:)

Okay, so there's the big announcement. We will try to create something fun and entertaining. The first few episodes may be a little rough, but that is all part of the fun. What do YOU want? What do YOU think? What do YOU want to learn?

Alyara:
I am very much looking forward to this! Especially as an extreme NEWB to the Na'vi language (and the learning part). It will be ten shades of awesome to have a podcast that focuses on two things that many of us are quite interested in; Avatar (as a film) and the Na'vi language.

The big part will be hearing the pronunciation of words... well for me anyway. I learn a great deal better and faster from listening when it comes to a new language. So I guess pronunciation sections in the podcast would be nice.

Just wanted to say I am excited to hear about this! Can I be the first #1 listener?  ;D

Sorry I didn't add anything more useful!

Ftiafpi:
Woohoo!

One thing I would like to see would be a sample phrase that you teach people each episode.

Kaltxì Palulukan!:

--- Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 11, 2010, 08:49:52 am ---Woohoo!

One thing I would like to see would be a sample phrase that you teach people each episode.

--- End quote ---

I teach? I teach? YOU teach! You are in on this too mister! Start thinking up phrases!  ;D

(I am outing Ftiafpi -- he is our sound editor, and hopefully "Na'vi phrase teacher" on air as well). Cat's out the bag now. Hmmm... I need a picture of a cat in a bag--verrry funny.

Ftiafpi:

--- Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 11, 2010, 11:08:05 am ---
--- Quote from: Ftiafpi on February 11, 2010, 08:49:52 am ---Woohoo!

--- End quote ---

I teach? I teach? YOU teach! You are in on this too mister! Start thinking up phrases!  ;D

(I am outing Ftiafpi -- he is our sound editor, and hopefully "Na'vi phrase teacher" on air as well). Cat's out the bag now. Hmmm... I need a picture of a cat in a bag--verrry funny.

--- End quote ---

Rofl, well fine, I will happily do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version