Designing the Tribe; Brainstorm

Started by Txontaw, February 24, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

We're still looking at locations, but I figured that wherever we're going will have lots of trees. What we need to do now is figure out what the actual tribe is going to be like. For example; ground huts vs. tree houses.

Here's a "map" that I drew up for the original topic;

Imagine away! Just like the tribe location brainstorm topic, it doesn't matter what your suggestion is, as long as it is valid.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

Hmm, I guess I don't entirely understand what you're shooting for here.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txontaw

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 24, 2010, 08:44:31 PM
Hmm, I guess I don't entirely understand what you're shooting for here.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Basically, what's the actual tribe going to look like?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

guest2859

Ah, you made that map. I was looking for it forever to get a more in-depth picture made. I'll be postng my visual view soon.

Nanaki

Kaltxì ma Toruk Txonä,

why human-waste depot ? :o
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Txontaw

Quote from: Nanaki on February 24, 2010, 11:01:02 PM
Kaltxì ma Toruk Txonä,

why human-waste depot ? :o

Humanure. Yeah, it's real. Look it up.

No offense, but I think my map is a bit clearer as to what's where.

Also, why do we need a barrier? And we were going to have simple roofs to keep ourselves from getting soaked when it rains. So open hammocks wouldn't work.

Ikranä mokri

U can put tarpaulins or things of thick leaves over teh top of hammocks to stop rain getting on us.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 25, 2010, 03:17:06 AM
U can put tarpaulins or things of thick leaves over teh top of hammocks to stop rain getting on us.

Yeah, there's a few different ways we could get the hammocks to work ;D

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Nanaki

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 25, 2010, 06:26:37 AM
Yeah, there's a few different ways we could get the hammocks to work ;D

huhu :D, but we don't need human, right? ;)
Instead we want to be away of them!

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

'Itan Atxur

Also, don't you think that this is something we should discuss once we're on site? I'm all for planning well ahead of time but I just don't see how we can do this w/o knowing exactly where we'll be.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Nanaki

guest2859

Of course we would have to wait, but our ideas can shape with the land.

Txon Taronyu

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

Need to see tha place to get the drawings 100% finished.

The Idea
Round huts in a circle srounding a communaty campfire( weather the food is cooked here or in a bigger hut is wether you want it to be or not).
A path leading to a permanent building that is fenced of from most of the tribe. This is where the injered go and also the HUEY.
A path will lead in the opposite direction for the "toileting area".
The whole Tribe site will be sourounded by trees.

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

eywa´eveng frrtu

i think it's best (since tha amount of people is set at 100-150) that the cooking place is somwhere separate, but not completly isolated ( so that late waker's can also get breakfast). It's pretty difficult to cook and probably give lessons at the same time when there's fifty people running about and mostly walking in your way.

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

So you are saying eather out in the open just outside the tribe or in another hut?

I'm starting again with the drawings and doing a second and third set just with underground housing and tree houses. Any thoughts on what I can change.

bagget00

sounds about the same as what ha been discussed before.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

guest2859

I still like the idea of open bedding with something to cover them in bad weather. I don't know how we'd use huts, take to long to build and take up a lot of resources, and is also hard to do. But it you're talking tents, I could put up with that.