Devil's Advocate and All the Bad Stuff.

Started by Rolyu, February 16, 2010, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Oe ought to buy you everything you want for Christmas for posting this. I'm glad we're considering all these points, and even a few slipped my mind. Karma Kookies for you, ma eylan!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 19, 2010, 09:28:09 PM
it's all good uriuujin's gonna be a super rich quantum physics scientist or something.

XD This is hilarious, and it literally just brightened my day! I am flattered, but do you realize how far into debt I'm going to have to go to become a PhD in my chosen field? I am probably going to be paying them off for a while XD Not that I won't still contribute as much money as I can- well, all of it that makes it through Payments and Nom noms ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Letxuma Swizaw

I was actually hoping you would tell us your Major inadvertently to that post but i might as well just strait up ask it now.  ;DWhat is it going to be?
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

The old Uriuujìn

If I knew I would tell you XD I am not sure... Something along the lines of one of the following: Astronomy, Astrophysics, Physics in general, and/or Biochemistry. That is the plan now, at least. Who knows what will change between now and then ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Letxuma Swizaw

Dmnit! i was torn between Quantum and Astro physicist when i was making that post. :D
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

The old Uriuujìn

If it makes you feel better, I think that Quantum Physics is really cool too ^_^ I love too much science to just choose one!! -__- Geez, I hate that I have to choose. But back on topic now!

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

ExLibrisMortis

I have been reading this idea of a Na'vi tribe for a few hours now, pouring over all the threads. This thread has really definitely given me some hope that this idea may work, but imo it's still far far away from even the slightest of realizations. Nevertheless, do what you set your mind to.

One thing I'd like to bring up is something more along the lines of health. One thing that got me thinking about the disconnect from regular life as we live it now was the reliance on synthetic drugs that we as a society have become to have. Through modern advances of science, we have come to eradicate the world of various diseases and ailments. Yet, also through modern science, we have caused so much more, but that's beside the point. My question is, is that without the constant use of drugs and anti-biotics, we would be prone to much more sicknesses. Not only that, but because we live in an age where we have hand sanitizers and sanitizing sprays, we've become impervious to catching certain diseases. It's almost a state of hyper-sterility. 

If we take those away, not only will we be more susceptible to the ailments, but to ones that people whom lived before this society would have immunities to because they were exposed to them. In essence, because we have sterilized them away, when/if we catch these diseases, we die or get extremely sick because we would not have the anti-bodies we would have if we didn't lived in this assisted society.

Also, imo, you should not drop from technology cold turkey. It will mess you up beyond any reason. This is because technology is so integrated in our lives, it's a little unnerving. I mean this is even ebing discussed on a forum and facebook. To really have this work, you need to disconnect slowly from technology. This means cellphones, TV, computer, car, game consoles, etc. etc. Yeah, just take a moment to think about your day and how many times you use some sort of technology to complete your day. Then think what would happen if an EMP suddenly rofl-pwned the entire world. That's some food for thought.

Please don't take this in a way to bash down your guys' idea, I really like it. Like the original post of this thread, I just want to make sure that you guys truly know what you are getting into. If you REALLY do, then by all means go. I also have though about joining it to some degree. I may in the future, if all these things get flushed out, or even if most of them do, come join this thing. Keep going with it. If you are really dedicated to it, go with it. Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Letxuma Swizaw

If you're anything like me, ma aysmuk, then you probably avoid modern medicine in favour of holistic remedies. If not you should start to break your dependencies now.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

ExLibrisMortis

Personally, I don't trust pills at all, the idea I was pointing out was that we as human beings have become dependent/assisted in our lifespans via modern medicine and medicinal applications. This idea is mostly a theory in my mind, but just something I thought I should bring up. Like I said, it's not to bash anything or tear you guys down. It's really to help.

Letxuma Swizaw

no, i understood i was just showing an alternative.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Fnua Atxkxe

Kinda already made this point when hypothesizing the eco-village but anyways, medical goods could be stored in eco-village and as long as it is close enough by to be accessible to the permanent tribe, access to modern medicines could be provided. I don't think we we would last long without modern medicines, how much do we rely on simple anti-biotics? Would be especially important as some people are prone to sickness. You don't want to cacth a cold and die because it escalates into worse. We need modern medicines. Period. They were developed for a reason ;D.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 20, 2010, 03:32:12 AM
If you're anything like me, ma aysmuk, then you probably avoid modern medicine in favour of holistic remedies. If not you should start to break your dependencies now.

I simply don't use medicine, like, at all. As a result my body has had to fight things off itself and now I have a stronger immune system.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Fnua Atxkxe

As for me, I can't remember the last time I was sick from anything and so haven't really used many medicines be they modern or holistic but if you did catch something in the wild and had no modern medicine... well it's going to get a lot worse real quick.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tutean-tìhawnu

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 20, 2010, 06:28:43 AM
I simply don't use medicine, like, at all. As a result my body has had to fight things off itself and now I have a stronger immune system.

You and me both mate ;)
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Letxuma Swizaw

me and my science teacher have hypothesized that because we bite our nails we have higher than normal immune systems as we both seem to never get sick. So, start a bad habit, keep feeding yourself the bacteria on your dirty nails to heighten your immune system. ;)
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 20, 2010, 02:05:27 PM
me and my science teacher have hypothesized that because we bite our nails we have higher than normal immune systems as we both seem to never get sick. So, start a bad habit, keep feeding yourself the bacteria on your dirty nails to heighten your immune system. ;)

I have never been so happy to have a bad habbit ;D

PerianArdocyl

QuoteYou will wake up before the sun rises and go to bed after it gets dark.  You will work, and work hard.  Harder than you've ever worked in your life.  Your muscles will first be sore, then stiff.  As your muscles grow, they will become tight.  You will have little time for special workouts and stretching.  When you pull a muscle in your back, you will not be able to visit a chiropractor.  When it hurts, you will not be able to sit in a comfy chair with a tylenol and an ice-back.  You will instead try to put it out of your mind as you work through the injury.

Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but I read somewhere that the tribes of old actually had a lot more leisure time than we do today.
Of course, with this particular tribe, there will always be the problem of money, and how to earn it. You can't just buy land in America, for instance, you have to pay taxes on it. Not sure where you guys are going to locate yourselves, but that's how it is here. And then if you want to hunt, you will need seasonal hunting licenses, which aren't cheap. So you won't just be surviving, you'll be earning money on the side.

One more thing... there's ALWAYS time for stretches.  ;D  Even if you just do a 5-minute routine, it's very important to stretch before you do any kind of workout... not stretching is what pulls muscles.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: PerianArdocyl on February 20, 2010, 10:04:50 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but I read somewhere that the tribes of old actually had a lot more leisure time than we do today.
Of course, with this particular tribe, there will always be the problem of money, and how to earn it. You can't just buy land in America, for instance, you have to pay taxes on it. Not sure where you guys are going to locate yourselves, but that's how it is here. And then if you want to hunt, you will need seasonal hunting licenses, which aren't cheap. So you won't just be surviving, you'll be earning money on the side.

One more thing... there's ALWAYS time for stretches.  ;D  Even if you just do a 5-minute routine, it's very important to stretch before you do any kind of workout... not stretching is what pulls muscles.

Again, I appreciate the point you're trying to bring up, but these are all things currently being discussed. We're not doing this half assed.

You will wake up before the sun rises and go to bed after it gets dark.  You will work, and work hard.  Harder than you've ever worked in your life.  Your muscles will first be sore, then stiff.  As your muscles grow, they will become tight.  You will have little time for special workouts and stretching.  When you pull a muscle in your back, you will not be able to visit a chiropractor.  When it hurts, you will not be able to sit in a comfy chair with a tylenol and an ice-back.  You will instead try to put it out of your mind as you work through the injury.

This is what most of us want!

Letxuma Swizaw

One more thing... there's ALWAYS time for stretches.  ;D  Even if you just do a 5-minute routine, it's very important to stretch before you do any kind of workout... not stretching is what pulls muscles.

Have you ever seen a lion limber up before taking down a gazelle?:D- Great movie BTW
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

'Itan Atxur

I've never been to a chiropractor anyways. When I ache, I deal with it even if I still have work to do. It doesn't bother me and believe me, I've worked through some nasty pain. Again, we're not going into this blind. We're gonna make sure we do the research and are in shape. ;D