Devil's Advocate and All the Bad Stuff.

Started by Rolyu, February 16, 2010, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithcoriel

Great thread. Can someone from outside who isn't planning on joining the tribe add their comments too? ^^ Surely there can never be enough "devil's advocates".

Hope this wasn't adressed yet. Problems I see with tribal life:
- "Lord of the Flies": People tend to get, well, savage when living in the wild, away from the governing order of society. What if people end up getting violent, if there's unrests and whatnot?
- Aging. If you plan on spending the rest of your life in such a tribe, that'll mean no comfort of old people's homes and wellfare, doctors and stuff. When your back begin to bend, your bones break more easily and your legs won't carry you, I think living out your life in nature is probably quite painful. Or were you gonna go back to civilization for that? That would probably be hard to readapt to.
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

'Itan Atxur

Great thread. Can someone from outside who isn't planning on joining the tribe add their comments too? ^^ Surely there can never be enough "devil's advocates". Of course!! We want to hear everything!!

Hope this wasn't adressed yet. Problems I see with tribal life:
- "Lord of the Flies": People tend to get, well, savage when living in the wild, away from the governing order of society. What if people end up getting violent, if there's unrests and whatnot?
The kids in that book were immature and did not end up there by choice.
- Aging. If you plan on spending the rest of your life in such a tribe, that'll mean no comfort of old people's homes and wellfare, doctors and stuff. When your back begin to bend, your bones break more easily and your legs won't carry you, I think living out your life in nature is probably quite painful. Or were you gonna go back to civilization for that? That would probably be hard to readapt to.
That's what we have the eco-village for! Plus, nobody will ever be forced to stay.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Fnua Atxkxe

I agree with 'Itan. At least I hope we're all mature ;). We are choosing this lifestyle and if it doesn't work out for you no-one is going to say you have to stay. Though you should have thought about all the negativres very hard before signing up. Eco-village for people who can no-longer provide for the tribe is a good idea but no-reason why they can't stay on in tribe for cooking or teaching or something. If is evident they can't survive without further care then eco-village definatley.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nanaki

I think if we go across the world, we are mature (at least, I hope for you) ... :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Fnua Atxkxe

Good point. But what if we're not mature. Maybe we're insane. Maybe we should all be seeing therapists? ;)

Okay not really :D

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nanaki

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 06, 2010, 12:07:01 PM
Good point. But what if we're not mature. Maybe we're insane. Maybe we should all be seeing therapists? ;)

The therapist will become insane too :D
Edit : I'm Ikran Makto now :o 750 posts!

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

'Itan Atxur

This is why we need Devil's Advocate's. To make sure we ARE sane. I must admit, before reading the OP, I was NOT looking at this idea the right way.

Fnua Atxkxe

Well I think I'm sane. But then don't all insane people think they're sane :o

Tonbogiri

I have heard a lot of talk about the eco-village as our anchor to civilisation etc, just wondering who is managing the development of this village?

As for sanity, I found out that the official advice for all those suffering from Avatar-repated problems is to buy the video game and to buy the soundtrack. Not only did this make me furious, I feel that we are all doing the right thing here by taking what is best out of the Pandora world and into the real one.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Nanaki

Quote from: Tonbogiri on March 06, 2010, 01:20:43 PM
I have heard a lot of talk about the eco-village as our anchor to civilisation etc, just wondering who is managing the development of this village?

As for sanity, I found out that the official advice for all those suffering from Avatar-repated problems is to buy the video game and to buy the soundtrack.

I approve this, can't survive without the soundtrack ;)

Fnua Atxkxe

Official advice, sponsored by fox ;D ATM eco-village is purely hypothetical, nobody managing development of it. Just discussing possibilities. Although yes, the soundtrack is awesome. My favs are tracks 5,6,and 7

Maweya Hufwe

Just wanted to pop in and say that I, too, support the notion of an eco-village.I'm pretty new to this whole Na'vi thing, but I am amazed by it and would very much like to be part of this idea. Earlier today I looked into my local eco-village (found here:http://www.twinoaks.org/index.html), and they've been together since 1967. In general, I like their system, but I'm sure some of their ideas won't work with what we're looking for. Though, I think I'll be looking into how villages are run and hopefully will have a better analysis to bring to you all. I believe, that if we use the eco-village idea as the skeleton, we would be able to weed out things we don't like and embellish it to our hearts content with our view of things. A sort of middle ground between All-Natural tribalism and eco-village.

I also have some other issues I'd like to address, but since it will be rather lengthy, I'll be making a separate post a bit later this evening about it.
"Well... What are you waiting for? Do it."

Letxuma Swizaw

at first i was very hostile at this thread but then i realized that it helps thin out our non-serious members. I just had assumed everyone could figure these hardships were going to occur and this made it clear that it wasn't as obvious as i thought.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Fnua Atxkxe

There are certainly many great points to be made about this:
http://www.twinoaks.org/index.html

There are many aspects of this that will be great for the eco-village discussion. Thank you for sharing this information with us, it will undoubtedly proove useful to us. Irayo, you can has cookie for this!

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 06, 2010, 01:13:39 PM
Well I think I'm sane. But then don't all insane people think they're sane :o

Lol. I KNOW I'm insane!! Completely mad (wait until you all read the insane book I'm writing)! But it's like they said in Alice, all the best people are!!

guest2859

I'm not okay, I'm not oh f*cking kay. [MyChemicalRomance]

I know I'm never fine, or okay, or sane. Just me and my unpredictable personality.

Fnua Atxkxe

Tutean-tìhawnu

Being "normal" (or "sane" if you want to call it that) is intensely dull... But then again, I doubt any of us would even be on this forum if we were "normal"  ;D
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Nanaki

Quote from: Tutean-tìhawnu on March 07, 2010, 07:39:36 AM
Being "normal" (or "sane" if you want to call it that) is intensely dull... But then again, I doubt any of us would even be on this forum if we were "normal"  ;D

Be normal means be like humans people, have a normal work in the society, like our life ... so we are not normal :)

Maweya Hufwe

I much like the term 'eccentric.' I have all my wits, just still not normal.  ;)
"Well... What are you waiting for? Do it."