Devil's Advocate and All the Bad Stuff.

Started by Rolyu, February 16, 2010, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolyu

I always thought ants tasted a lot like lemon.  I don't really like flavoring my food with lemon.

If you want to be more hardcore tribal, you skip the lye (which is what I use to make my soap now.) and you mix the rendered fat with... ASHES!  From your campfire.  The basic ashes and fatty acids (when rendered correctly) will combine to form a salt that helps to remove nasties off your skin.  This soap is harsh, and it look weird, but it works.

Hi IlccEyren!  I'm sure the entire group is getting tired of me being the only one who knows these sorts of details.  XD  Keep contributing.  Go ahead and read the first few posts on the food stuff thread and make sure you read the first posts of this thread.

IlccEyren

absolutely! i read the first page before posting but thats as far as i managed so far. Impressive artwork btw.
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Rolyu

IlccEyren

not a problem you did great work. now also another problem that people may run into is the muscle tightness mentioned earlier. while yes its a pain its not all that hard to get rid of if you just take the time after hard work to slowly twist and stretch until you feel stretched another foot taller. I suggest everyone at least try this next time they wake up. instead of jumping out of bed just try this. Wake up, Yawn HUGE! stretch your jaw and cheek muscles. next stretch your arms out and your legs till your a big X. now roll your arms around so you basically turn them from facing down to up, open your hands wide and roll your wrists around as well as your ankles. now this is important... curl and uncurl your toes two times over... haha jk but it doesnt hurt to do it anyways. now stretch your arms above your head and legs as far down as you can so your a giant strait line and do the same with your arms and hands again. then curl into a ball for a second then stand up and twist your trunk. just turn side to side without moving your feet basically. now your all stretched. feels good dont it?
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Ikranä mokri

this eco village idea- i was having a think about it and pesonally its not what i wanted to do, but that aside. what about if we have the hardcores actually living ina tribe then we have the others who want to do it but dont wanna do a proper tribe in an eco village.

then the actual tribe people could have somthign to fall back to where we can store medical goods etc... and the eco village would be a good place to have the summer camp as well.

although this might be too much work but i wouldnt mind as long there was hunting and stuff

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

IlccEyren

that right there is not a bad idea at all. In fact may i commend you on being somewhat genius. I agree entirely with the idea of a pseudo-tribe. a back up as you put it. they could not only administer medicines but make sure that everything didnt just plummet through the proverbial floor.

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 19, 2010, 02:51:09 AM
this eco village idea- i was having a think about it and pesonally its not what i wanted to do, but that aside. what about if we have the hardcores actually living ina tribe then we have the others who want to do it but dont wanna do a proper tribe in an eco village.

then the actual tribe people could have somthign to fall back to where we can store medical goods etc... and the eco village would be a good place to have the summer camp as well.

although this might be too much work but i wouldnt mind as long there was hunting and stuff

I thought that's what the idea was anyways. That's what i've been saying anyways.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

hemmond

So, why you don't make an eco-village as a main camp and don't go out to the forest to "hunt" for some time? Make camp somewhere in the forest and then go back? :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Fnua Atxkxe

That's kinda what I was thinking except you could also make the forest camp permanent for those who want to live entirely off the land 24/7, that way people in the eco-village would also be free to go out into the forest whenever they want and would be able to learn about survivng from people who really know what they are doing. This would also give exposure to people (like me) who are not sure if going completely tribal is really for them. Many people, despite preparing for it extensively won't really know how that lifestyle might effect them mentally. Least that's what I think.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

hemmond

That's the posibility too. :) And helicopter can be in that eco village and some from visitors on summer cap can be ther accomodated. And maybe through the winter (in tropic positions I thing, that witer is mean 23°C and summer mean 30°C :) )
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, the Eco village could be a safety net, so to speak, for the real tribe (which I still want to do!! just in case I haven't made that clear). If things get too tough for any reason (be it a bad winter or the hunting is bad or anything else) we could fall back to the village and wait it out.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Rolyu

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 19, 2010, 02:51:09 AM

Several people have stated this already.  I think that's the general idea we have going right now.

Letxuma Swizaw

Yeah but i think only us three understand that every time we bring up the "real tribe" we aren't arguing against the safety net altogether. :D Some people are just too prepared to argue.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Rolyu

Or they're just posting without reading the entire thread. :P

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 19, 2010, 10:51:25 AM
Yeah but i think only us three understand that every time we bring up the "real tribe" we aren't arguing against the safety net altogether. :D Some people are just too prepared to argue.

Okay, cool. This is what I thought but wasn't sure that others felt the same way.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Fnua Atxkxe

This is gonna take one hell of a fundraising party, I wonder (roughly) how much money this concept is going to take?. . .

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Rolyu

a couple hundred thousand dollars easy.  Plus tax.

Better git on that fundraising.  The more, the merrier!

Fnua Atxkxe

Could be more... Scratch that a lot more. I suppose depends on how complex the facilities will be that we plan to build, and how many people.

IlccEyren

well the people you shouldnt have to worry about. its simply the structures you need funding for. that and governmental licenses. really if you wanted to you could learn about the building code in the state it will be in and then start just buying timber and supplies to meet code and then have a bunch of people go and work on it for a summer. i know it works i've done it myself for camps that were just getting started

Letxuma Swizaw

it's all good uriuujin's gonna be a super rich quantum physics scientist or something.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.