Guns. Yes or No?

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 24, 2010, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, should guns be allowed in the tribe?

Yes. For hunting and protection.
4 (11.1%)
No. Not for any reason at all.
16 (44.4%)
Yes, but for protection only.
12 (33.3%)
Yes, but only in the eco village
0 (0%)
No guns, but crossbows are okay
4 (11.1%)
Other (please explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

The old Uriuujìn

I think that we should keep them for protection, and I will tell you why.

Let's say that someone decides that we should not be allowed to live. I have no clue what the reason would be, but this is a hypothetical situation. They will most likely use a firearm. What should we defend ourselves with? The same. Plus, that way if we are attacked by something that we cannot usually get rid of, we can use it to a) scare it away, or if that doesn't work, b) kills it v_v.

I think that for the safety of the Tribe, keeping a firearm handy and in the hands of a person who can actually use it, and that can be trusted 5000% is the best option ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

Yes, I suppose if they were for absolute emergency, it could be helpful.

If we are going to keep a couple, they should be kept under lock and key in the main hut, the only place where tech is allowed.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Uriuujìn on February 24, 2010, 08:38:05 PM

Let's say that someone decides that we should not be allowed to live. I have no clue what the reason would be, but this is a hypothetical situation. They will most likely use a firearm. What should we defend ourselves with? The same. Plus, that way if we are attacked by something that we cannot usually get rid of, we can use it to a) scare it away, or if that doesn't work, b) kills it v_v.

I think that for the safety of the Tribe, keeping a firearm handy and in the hands of a person who can actually use it, and that can be trusted 5000% is the best option ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Over the course of this discussion I've switched from absolutely not wanting any guns to wanting this option ^^^. But again, keeping the gun locked just makes it that much harder to get too when we need it. I trust everybody in this tribe. I say the gun should be kept easily available to everybody (but of course, should ONLY be used if ABSOLUTELY needed)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on February 24, 2010, 08:39:48 PM
Yes, I suppose if they were for absolute emergency, it could be helpful.

If we are going to keep a couple, they should be kept under lock and key in the main hut, the only place where tech is allowed.

That is, if we do not decide that the Tribe should live close to an Eco-village of some sort ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

guest2859

But what if we just 'disappeared' off the face of the earth on our own so no one would find us?

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 24, 2010, 08:42:17 PM
But what if we just 'disappeared' off the face of the earth on our own so no one would find us?

There is always the chance that somebody could potentially find us. Plus, I really don't think we'll even be able to completely disappear.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Txontaw

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 24, 2010, 08:42:17 PM

Humans have been (almost) everywhere on the planet. Someone would find us sooner or later.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on February 24, 2010, 08:38:05 PM

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

I'm sorry but that seems to me to be on the same level as taking a parachute with you on every commercial flight you take, because there's a chance that you might hit some turbulence and stall out. Only the parachute we're talking about can be easily misused to the harm of others.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txontaw

They don't have parachutes on commercial flights...

Letxuma Swizaw

that's the point.I was saying it would be ridiculous.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txontaw

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 24, 2010, 09:27:39 PM
that's the point.I was saying it would be ridiculous.

Oh. Ok. I think this is a slightly different situation, but I see your point.

Letxuma Swizaw

i just think the chances of someone going psycho and trying to kill us for no reason would be the same or less than the possibility of a jet liner just spontaneously falling out of the sky.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Txontaw

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 24, 2010, 09:33:30 PM
i just think the chances of someone going psycho and trying to kill us for no reason would be the same or less than the possibility of a jet liner just spontaneously falling out of the sky.

Depending on where we are, there are actually quite a few reasons that perfectly sane people would want to kill us.

guest2859

And winning the lottery is easier. Like the Fort Hood shooting, a psychologist went on a rampage. Ironic, but true.

Letxuma Swizaw

sorry i was talking with the assumption we were set on NA but i just realized some other islands and stuff have been brought up in the tribe location thread.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Nanaki

omg, no guns, how could you make this survey ...
You need to practice using a bow  :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

guest2859

And we will.

[...Are you a Final Fantasy VII person?]

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Nanaki on February 24, 2010, 09:49:47 PM
omg, no guns, how could you make this survey ...
You need to practice using a bow  :)

Yeah, it seems almost (note: ALMOST) unanimous that guns won't be used at least on a day to day basis. Maybe we'll have one for emergencies and such.

guest2859

And set off limits in case of emergency...

Nanaki

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 24, 2010, 09:50:55 PM
And we will.

[...Are you a Final Fantasy VII person?]

aahh I prefer that (I am ok with your message I feel better when I look that)
And yes Nanaki from FF7 (Red XIII)  ;)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!