Guns. Yes or No?

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 24, 2010, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, should guns be allowed in the tribe?

Yes. For hunting and protection.
4 (11.1%)
No. Not for any reason at all.
16 (44.4%)
Yes, but for protection only.
12 (33.3%)
Yes, but only in the eco village
0 (0%)
No guns, but crossbows are okay
4 (11.1%)
Other (please explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: sezawte on February 24, 2010, 04:59:26 PM
Quote from: bagget00 on February 24, 2010, 04:57:17 PM
I might as well give up. It's nine to three on the vote. So far. Can I at least bring my own, as long as I lock it up where it wouldn't be openly displayed, but would still be there as a precaution?

If you took responsibility for that and used it for defence and not hunting that seems fine   ;)

Honestly, if it were my decision alone you wouldn't even have to lock it up so long as it wasn't used for hunting.

But I see NO reason we shouldn't have some guns in the eco village.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

sezawte

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 24, 2010, 05:01:54 PM
Quote from: sezawte on February 24, 2010, 04:59:26 PM
Quote from: bagget00 on February 24, 2010, 04:57:17 PM
I might as well give up. It's nine to three on the vote. So far. Can I at least bring my own, as long as I lock it up where it wouldn't be openly displayed, but would still be there as a precaution?

If you took responsibility for that and used it for defence and not hunting that seems fine   ;)

Honestly, if it were my decision alone you wouldn't even have to lock it up so long as it wasn't used for hunting.

But I see NO reason we shouldn't have some guns in the eco village.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Yeah having them in the eco village seems like a good compromise  :D
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

'Itan Atxur

The only problem I could see with that is that they're not readily available for "protection".

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

bagget00

Maybe, instead of locked away in the eco village, how about just kept in a case in my hut/tent/cave/whatever we decide to use.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: bagget00 on February 24, 2010, 05:06:48 PM
Maybe, instead of locked away in the eco village, how about just kept in a case in my hut/tent/cave/whatever we decide to use.

Honestly, to me that seems like it would be perfectly fine.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

sezawte

just out of interest how would more ammunition etc. be obtained?
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

bagget00

It would still be out of sight, but it would be there if needed.

In regards to amunition: If I need more than a box or two, we are probably foregone anyways.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: bagget00 on February 24, 2010, 05:09:37 PM
It would still be out of sight, but it would be there if needed.

In regards to amunition: If I need more than a box or two, we are probably foregone anyways.

Plus, there would also be the eco village to take care of stuff like that if we decide to do both.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

sezawte

:-\ I'd still prefer no guns...

Col Quaritch

Quote from: sezawte on February 24, 2010, 05:08:21 PM

I know how to make my own loads for all my weapons only one I don't do that for is my shot gun. Best bet if you get any gun it use standard NATO round 5.56 or 9mm can get that any where in the freaking world.

bagget00

Letxuma Swizaw

i think i know why this dude is pushing so hard for guns ;D ^
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

sezawte

Quote from: Col Quaritch on February 24, 2010, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: sezawte on February 24, 2010, 05:08:21 PM

I know how to make my own loads for all my weapons only one I don't do that for is my shot gun. Best bet if you get any gun it use standard NATO round 5.56 or 9mm can get that any where in the freaking world.

Obtained anywhere except perhaps in the middle of the jungle with no other humans for hundreds of miles in any direction, which is hopefully where we're headed. Also correct me if I'm wrong but you'd still need supplies to make your own ammunition, right?

Valuk

Well, if I only use for hunting and protection from the wild. Most stuff I hit with my 7.92x57mm FMJ or Hollow PT will drop one hit...I'm also a dead eye...I am willing to make my beater Mauser into some kind of tribal look. IE: Feathers, painting of the stock, etc.

I go for Hunting and Protection, I will not just have a damned knife and bow to protect me from wolves, Coyotes, and whatever else that goes bump in the night around in the Midwest.

I will go all out to make appropriate ammunition carriers and the like. I say I don't need more than 100 rounds for a start summer to fall.
Hell, I'm new don't murder me!
When I get fit, I'll be a warrior. Well, skinnier lets go with that.
Your Na'vi Man at Arms and Protector of the weak: Valuk.

Letxuma Swizaw

are you guys trolling? This is a joke right? How do guns apply themselves in any redeeming fashion to our goals? If you do not plan on living with us then please state so with your post, because it seems that those pushing for guns aren't committed members to the tribe.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

sezawte

^^ I agree with that, somebody mentioned not wanting to go out with just knives and bows and arrows but if that's the case...  :-\ you're kind of in the wrong place

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 24, 2010, 05:27:05 PM
i think i know why this dude is pushing so hard for guns ;D ^

EEP!! Tawtute za'u ska'a ayoeng
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: sezawte on February 24, 2010, 05:39:41 PM
^^ I agree with that, somebody mentioned not wanting to go out with just knives and bows and arrows but if that's the case...  :-\ you're kind of in the wrong place

This^^^. While this is the topic to discuss the use of guns and such, it seems to me that we're pretty solid about NOT using them for hunting.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Col Quaritch

Tribe vote will be the detrrming factor but as to my supplys I'm good about 25,000 rounds total combinde for all 4 of my fire arms. As to reload supplys I'm vert good off on that I tend to keep my brass when every possible for re use. But I do agree the "gun" has a bad rep not due to it but the moron that uses it.  If humanly possible to rid this world of all fire arms those who think it would matter are fooling themsleves people will just switch to another weapon till the heart and mind changes there will always be way to kill bow. Spears, guns you pick. Frankly that post of me hding a air soft gun for hobbie in here is a little offsive.  
To point out why I'm pushing for fire arms, I'm not a war monger if that's being thought I'm a guy that been shot shot at and seen enough death for several life times be prepaired for the worse and pray you never need it than to not have it and pray you need it. I'm done on this topic now.  If those in the powers be remove my name from the real life tribe. You will still be in prayers and support.

Fnua Atxkxe

Oeri tsap'alute ma tsmukan if I offended you, i did not even know that was you holding the air rifle, no offence intended :)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^