Guns. Yes or No?

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 24, 2010, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, should guns be allowed in the tribe?

Yes. For hunting and protection.
4 (11.1%)
No. Not for any reason at all.
16 (44.4%)
Yes, but for protection only.
12 (33.3%)
Yes, but only in the eco village
0 (0%)
No guns, but crossbows are okay
4 (11.1%)
Other (please explain)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Letxuma Swizaw

i honestly didn't mean anything by it colonel. i figured you were willing to post it so what would the issue be with putting it here. And i didn't say guns are inherently evil i was saying that we are trying to live closer to nature and the ways of our ancestors and there is no place for firearms in that equation.

I've enjoyed shooting, i consider myself quite the crack-shot with the old 30.06. And i hear you, about the bad name firearms are given. All this gun-safety bull has gotten on my nerves since the get-go who cares if the good guys can get access to good guns if no matter what the laws are the bad guys will always have guns.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

guest2859

I'd say the biggest we should go is either a pellet/BB gun, or a 9mm, but should be locked up and locked only for protection.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 24, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
I'd say the biggest we should go is either a pellet/BB gun, or a 9mm, but should be locked up and locked only for protection.

The problem with a "locked up" gun is that it's that much harder to use for protection. There's not one person on this board that I wouldn't trust, so if we do decide to have a gun for protection, I don't think it should be locked.

[Edit] Damn! We got to 5 pages fast! And we've stayed on topic!!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Col Quaritch

I'd say the biggest we should go is either a pellet/BB gun

only going to piss off your oppent not stop them. I'm going to send ideal in email to the person who first got me started in this outling what I belive is a good solution to keeping fire arms in the group for the use of protection only. As to the post of me and my mini gun we will forget about I must be turning into Quaritch scary huh

'Itan Atxur

I'd say the biggest we should go is either a pellet/BB gun.

Lol, thats a tad small I think. And as Col. Quaritch said, that would only annoy who/whatever we shot at ;D

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Letxuma Swizaw

An arrow does good to mess someone up but who would be bothering us in the first place? What would we have that anyone would want? Unless we're talking about animals in which case arrows still work.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

guest2859

I didn't understand your first sentence, but since guns are becoming a no I say we all take archery classes together. And if you turned into Quaritch, we'd be screwed.

[Edit] Okay, if we do take guns, probably a small rifle.

bagget00

And thanks for calling me an uncomitted member seeing as I have been here longer than you. You are taking peoples ideas and telling them that they are wrong and I don't like that.

@Swizaw for page 4 comment.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Letxuma Swizaw

that was an opinion you are free to take it as you wish. you are telling me my opinion is wrong and i don't like that. See? I can do it too.

And my first sentence in the previous post i meant arrows do more damage than bullets (depending on calibre) with the exception of fire rate and then i asked who would bother us.

EDIT:

Oh and thanks for not waiting for an explanation before negging me. It's what the f**k ever though I'm so pissed right now I'm just gonna leave because no one seems to understand anything that this tribe was supposed to be in the first place. I have given so much ground already to people who can't let go of the modern world and it just keeps happening. So I'm finally putting my foot down. I'm done with bull s**ting I'm done turning a blind eye. I don't want guns in my tribe that's it. There is no point, don't say protection because what do we need to protect ourselves from where we will be that we couldn't just used bows for? D-O-N-E done. If I come back tomorrow and it has been decided guns are okay I'm F**king out (I know you won't care, just spare me). And seniority doesn't mean S**t in real life bro.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

'Itan Atxur

Lets not start an argument. We all have the same goal here.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Letxuma Swizaw

Well when everyone side steps a question excuse me for being pissed that it's being ignored..
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

guest2859

Okay, step outside, take a quick breath, or hit a punching bag. Of course some people take advantange of the internet to talk crap on people without it being an issue to them... But this should just be passed, and the posts just need to be read over. We can't tell sarcasm in text, so therefore everyone had a reason to be angry.

Fnua Atxkxe

Also we aren't sidestepping an issue if were having a vote on it and at the moment it is definately leaning towards no.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Mindas Arran

Quote from: Letxuma SwizawI don't want guns in my tribe that's it.
It's not your tribe... It's everyone's, isn't it?

Firstly, this is a continuation of a thread in which I argued for using guns for protection of my home, family, and self. I already conceded that using bows to hunt was more in keeping with the spirit of the Na'vi. I went on to say that I'd continue using whatever weapon I had at hand to ensure the safety of my home, family, and self until such time as I was confident in the skills and numbers of my peers (assuming, for arguments sake, that the idea of the tribe actually came to fruition).

That got me thinking about something though... of those who voted, how many own their own home? How many are married? How many have children?

Letxuma Swizaw

No, my question for the gun enthusiasts was: who would bother us? What do we have that anyone would want? and why would a gun make any difference when we know the forest and we're bow adepts? I was trying to be productive and stop their needless swaying of peoples opinions when they have no reason to back them up. It appears that Quaritch troll was successful and that Bagget really doesn't want to give up guns because he just spent $3000 on a new one.

And by my tribe i was emphasizing that if i were part of it it wouldn't have guns (my tribe as in, the tribe i am part of), i knew someone would misinterpret that.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

guest2859

No, my question for the gun enthusiasts was: who would bother us? The government of the location, but we could get arrested for pulling guns on them.
What do we have that anyone would want? Dirt.
Why would a gun make any difference when we know the forest and we're bow adepts? I don't know the answer to that one.

Saw the questions, those are my opinions.

And if you spent $3000 dollars on something useless in 5 years, sell it for $2500. You won't need it and you'll get your $500 worth out of it.

Letxuma Swizaw

my points exactly^^^

And I'm starting to cool down now just took a brisk jog through the cold Ohio air ;D. sorry for my meltdown you'll find I'm a bit bipolar at times, and especially when it comes to karma.

Oh yeah and this thread turned into a S**t storm pretty quick i hope we handle ourselves better in the future, mostly me though.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Mindas Arran

QuoteNo, my question for the gun enthusiasts was: who would bother us?
I think it's more a matter of what. Any given wilderness setting will likely have it's own predators.

QuoteThe government of the location, but we could get arrested for pulling guns on them.
Pretty sure you could get arrested for pulling bows just as easy...

QuoteWhat do we have that anyone would want?
Meat. That's what most predators are after.

QuoteWhy would a gun make any difference when we know the forest and we're bow adepts?
I don't know that I'd trust a bow and arrow against a charging bear, boar, or pack. If there were more people and I knew they were skilled, then perhaps I wouldn't be so cautious. Hey, that sounds familiar....

So there are a few answers to your questions. I hope that people answer my questions too. It will help give perspective.

ps. I'm not a "gun enthusiast". I much prefer knives or fists. haha

Fnua Atxkxe

You do hear stories on the news (e.g Virginia Tech massacre) about people who are killed for nothing. This would depend on how far removed we are from society. Prejudice also seldom shows reason. I would agree that it is unlikely that anyone would nother us seing as how (in their eyes) we wouldn't have much and I also do not see the advantage of guns over bows in a forest. Still it is interesting to hear alternate opinions. How we deal with these clash of ideals will be important in maintaining tribe relations in such a close knit community.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

bagget00

First of all, I don't know where the three k came from. I don't have one but I was planning on getting one. Second of all, I never said you were wrong. It looked like you guys already won, so I asked if I could bring one anyways as a just in case as long as it was hidden away. I never said guns rock and your idiots, or anything like that. Thirdly, seniority may not matter but it does get the point accross that, I have been just as commited as you have by being here and voicing opinions and concerns. Lastly, if we are trying to emulate the Na'vi, we shouldn't have people giving ultimnatums like no guns or your gone. They at least gave Jake a chance to be good. I would rather you stay Swizaw, but I don't take kindly to people who say that I must be a troll if I like guns. And yes I am a republican so that was doubly insulting. Now you know where my post came from. I wasn't blindly attacking, I had thought it over and was trying to point out where you were a little rude was all.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/