Tribe (This forum is retired. All topics are read-only.) > Real-life Na'vi Tribe

Guns. Yes or No?

(1/57) > >>

'Itan Atxur:
I'm gonna open this topic with a quote that I happen to completely agree with:

--- Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on February 24, 2010, 11:27:10 am ---Guns for hunting in a wilderness setting has only two true purposes to it, and it is for easy targeting and a fast kill.  But it has so many bad qualities over bows and arrows that I would not use them.

1) Guns need bullets.  Once the bullets are used, they are gone for good, and can't be used again.  Arrows are "re-usable"

2) Say you need a lot more game than just one animal.  Guns make such a startling noise that you'd lose your chance for more game the moment you shoot.  Bows and arrows are more silent.  Not completely, but it's a lot softer than a gun.

3) Simply cocking a gun could set an animal off and run.  B&A's don't do that.

4) B&A's are lighter to carry than guns.

--- End quote ---

This has a lot of potential to become a VERY heated discussion. All I ask is that you voice your opinions and state your facts with passion but also with reason. Irayo. (also, I'm withholding my vote for now)

Eywa Ngahu

-'Itan Atxur (yeah, I totally stole Uriuuj├Čn's old stamp)

[EDIT]No way! My first "stamp"! Been doing this for over a year now. Here's my "new" stamp:

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Fnua Atxkxe:
I don't like the symbolism that guns represent i.e war, death etc. Personally I would find it quite offputting if there were guns going about in the tribe. Guns just have too many negative connotations

Elektrolurch:
But bows or crossbows are the same, aren't they?

'Itan Atxur:
Even looking at it from a practical stand point, I just don't see guns as being necessary. Plus it's far easier to accidentally shoot someone with a gun than it is with bow and arrow. (still haven't voted. I want to see all the arguments first)

[edit] I never even thought about crossbows. I'll add that to the poll.

Elektrolurch:
When we know how to shoot with a reflex bow or something, it's certainly a better weapon in all ways..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version