Tribe (This forum is retired. All topics are read-only.) > Real-life Na'vi Tribe

Maybe gonna leave RLNT

<< < (2/11) > >>

Tsmuktengan:
Fine, I thought there were parts that were not owned. It also depends on the legislation. Of course it is not that evident. And actually, I know about this no trespassing thing in Texas and shooting. There are very deep parts of France where this is also valid.

A precise check of the legislation is to be done depending on where we can go, since penalties could also be applied on national land. But what is sure is that I see no advantage on buying a little piece of land with many other lands around where we would not possibly be able to go anyway.

I do not pretend to know everything about this stuff as well.  ;)

guest2859:

--- Quote from: Niri Te on April 27, 2012, 04:54:43 am ---
--- Quote from: Tsmuktengan on April 26, 2012, 04:51:51 pm ---I have already defended here I was not for buy land. Two main reasons indeed :

- Far too expensive
- May not be adapted for us or we can indeed have bad surprises.

I am for taking a territory that is not owned by anyone, which also allows huge spaces. This is somehow allowed in the US and in many places where the areas are big enough and the population density very low.

We also need to organize meeting, like Blue Moon is doing to organize this stuff. there has never been this here. I am also still maintain the site and try to complete it in my free time. It would go quicker if I had help.

--- End quote ---

PLEASE, do NOT try that in the State of Texas. The land may LOOK desolate once you get into the "brown" Texas, but it is ALL owned, and in this State you can be LEGALLY SHOT for trespassing. Most of the land that "appears" to be "deserted" is owned by either Cattle Ranchers who take a VERY dim view of people on their land, or the University of Texas, or the Railroad, BOTH of which will have you arrested.
 The days of just "squatting" on someone's land ended when I was a young teenager. I may not be able to speak with Authority about some of the other states, but I live in Texas, and I know what the rules are here.
Niri Te

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately this is true, I live up north in Dumas and you can't find decent land without barbed wire surrounding it. I know 1 place where this doesn't happen, and it's our runoff ditch on the edge of town.

I don't think we'll ever be able to buy land, because it'd take some decades to pay of millions of dollars, and your grandkids might be paying it off to the owner's grandkids, which wouldn't be helpful in a 'free' community

Seze Mune:

--- Quote from: Nantang 'RrtayƤ on April 27, 2012, 09:08:38 am ---

I don't think we'll ever be able to buy land, because it'd take some decades to pay of millions of dollars, and your grandkids might be paying it off to the owner's grandkids, which wouldn't be helpful in a 'free' community

--- End quote ---

But that's gonna happen anyway in the US. It's called the National Debt and I think our children's children's children will be paying today's debt off. 

Most American states have a common law known as 'adverse possession'.  It creates controversial situations by its very nature, but it IS possible to gain possession of land for very little money.  You would have to research your state's laws very well so that you knew what you were doing, as this man apparently did in Texas: How to get a McMansion for $16.  And by the way, I am not advocating this, but mentioning it by way of curiosity.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng:

--- Quote from: Seze Mune on April 27, 2012, 09:40:52 am ---
--- Quote from: Nantang 'RrtayƤ on April 27, 2012, 09:08:38 am ---

--- End quote ---

But that's gonna happen anyway in the US. It's called the National Debt and I think our children's children's children will be paying today's debt off.  

Most American states have a common law known as 'adverse possession'.  It creates controversial situations by its very nature, but it IS possible to gain possession of land for very little money.  You would have to research your state's laws very well so that you knew what you were doing, as this man apparently did in Texas: How to get a McMansion for $16.  And by the way, I am not advocating this, but mentioning it by way of curiosity.

--- End quote ---

Then we need to find a place in U.S who has a very good climate
Maybe Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Texas or Florida

Seze Mune:
Yes, please do your research on climate. IIRC, all those states you mention are subject to tornadoes and hurricanes. But hey, what are the chances?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version