live Avatar role Playing - Parody

Started by Hufwe ta'em, February 16, 2010, 03:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnua Atxkxe

Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Esmond

I seriously don't know if I should laugh, cry, cheer or sigh watching the Role-playing vid. I respect their efforts but I dunno what to do because they are just making a fool of themselves in some parts of the video.

But well, its just a role-playing act.

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

Their deliberately making fools of them selves. It's the whole point of the videos they make. They may like Avatar but I highly doubt they're Avatards. They're just looking for their 15 mins of fame.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Esmond

Exactly, so its really a mixed bag of feelings.

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

And their pronounciation of Na'vi words... sucks. What the heck is ayowa! Is that supposed to be Eywa. I mean, ayowa is practically 3 syllables, eywa is one.

Esmond

Oh well, we'll just laugh and forget tsmukan.

Eyowa ngahu. (Joking XD)

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

Lol. I know. Half the reason I love the vids is because of how badly the butcher the language!

Nìftxavang Sreu

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 30, 2010, 08:41:37 AM
Lol. I know. Half the reason I love the vids is because of how badly the butcher the language!

That's actually something I love about Jake's character from the movie. After several viewings, I realized that he mispronounces lots of little things and it really gives his character more depth and believability. Since he just learned the language, that he wouldn't have it down perfectly.

sorry to go off topic, it just reminded me  ;)

proud member of the NSFC!!

'Itan Atxur

Unfortunately, many of the actual Na'vi mispronounce words too :(

Nìftxavang Sreu

lol, I never noticed that. I was just too focused on hunky-hunky Jake  ;) hahahah

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 31, 2010, 04:48:23 PM
Unfortunately, many of the actual Na'vi mispronounce words too :(

Well it'd be creepy if they all pronounced them perfectly. There is a correct way to speak English too but that doesn't make it wrong to have your own regional version on words.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Nìftxavang Sreu

that's very true. Just because someone has a "southern accent" doesn't mean they're saying words wrong, or aren't speaking English!!

'Itan Atxur

Right, but people in the same group generally speak very similarly.

Nìftxavang Sreu

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 01, 2010, 03:25:46 PM
Right, but people in the same group generally speak very similarly.

agreed.

'Itan Atxur

Unfortunately, we can't forget that the Na'vi are actually just a diverse group of human actors.

Nìftxavang Sreu

hahahaha yes. I believe the woman who played Mo'at is British, and personally it's a tie if I liked her's Eytukan's or Neytiri's "rendition" of the language best.

'Itan Atxur

Each of them have there strengths and weaknesses. Btw: this topic should probably be moved to the video board. It has little to do with the rl tribe.