Look what I found

Started by Txon Taronyu, February 16, 2010, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txon Taronyu

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Nice find! Haven't read the entire thing yet but it will be worth the read!

[edit] okay, so I've lightly skimmed through the first 3rd or so (watching a movie now :D). From what I've gathered, he didn't really go into this fully prepared the way we intend to. If he can do this successfully the way he did, I see no reason we shouldn't be able to!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Rolyu

Nice.  Just finished reading it.  That's got a lot of good stuff in there!  ^^

I like how he talks about the legal and land issues.

Txon Taronyu

Ya this does have some good stuff which every body here should read
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

The old Uriuujìn

If someone posted a summary, I would gladly take it and sticky it to the Forum. I personally have not enough time on my hands to read through the entire thing ^_^;; Irayo to whoever decides to!

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, it's too long for me too.

Rolyu

You lazy lazy peeples.  XD

Read the whole thing.  It's good!

The old Uriuujìn

It isn't laziness, I swear. I seriously have no time between school, other threads, finding a job, and helping around the house, not to mention all of the things I get roped into doing.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Rolyu

Hahaha I'm 19!  I just hide downstairs, do homework, and forum stuff.  lolz

Letxuma Swizaw

I'll jump on it! Programming class is full of useless repetition anyways. :D

EDIT:

Never F**ckin mind >:( I forgot my school's F**cking ridiculous. Blocked for  Terrorist/Militant/Extremist WTF???!?!!?
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 19, 2010, 10:54:01 AM
I'll jump on it! Programming class is full of useless repetition anyways. :D

EDIT:

Never F**ckin mind >:( I forgot my school's F**cking ridiculous. Blocked for  Terrorist/Militant/Extremist WTF???!?!!?

What?!?!?! What exactly did they block?

Rolyu

Doood!  Websense is the evil of all evil.  It pretty much blocks everything.  
Lucky I had guys on the inside back in school, who opened up certain sites for me.

Letxuma Swizaw

We use M86 internet security. BTW that's the companie that helps Iran with their firewall.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Letxuma Swizaw

Okay, summary-wise (i'm not done analyzing and reading yet) what facts i have so far is that:

He was upset with society so he gave up civilized life to live primitively in the north woods of wisconsin by himself for a year, sustaining himself on the food from his job as a farm hand and once during the winter a road-kill deer. He has been lost many times but still made it through. satisfied with himself he desired to move towards people that shared the same goals as him and moved to northern michigan with others who desired to live primitively. They bartered their way into resources such as the right to take birch bark for their shelters from a logging company.

He lists a heirachy of needs: "there is a hierarchy of needs as follows: heat, shelter (including clothing), water, food." and discussed how many of them tend to co-evolve (food/water, heat/shelter) He discusses the legality issues also.

I don't think i could appropriately summarize this account without it losing its affect but i'll leave these here. i'll probably work on more but the only way to get the full affect of his account would be to read it yourself. There are no excuses if you are truly committed to eventually read this whole writing. His accounts are beautiful and his life story is amazing.

I would also like to point out to those of you who oppose the tribe for the reasons of improbability, the group he is with now do exactly what we talk about and not only that, but they are doing it in Northern Michigan where the winters are harsh and deadly. And he himself went through a winter in Northern Wisconsin living by himself in a hand-built shelter. This writing lends the most credence possible, short of us carrying it out, to the ability of our plan to succeed. Irayo, ma Txon taronyu. ;D
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

'Itan Atxur

Awesome! I want to hear about the legal issues now.

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

I am so much going to read this thing when I'll be less sleepy (aka, in about 12 hours). It look very interesting.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.