Meet-up/Practice in the UK

Started by Fnua Atxkxe, March 05, 2010, 06:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swokéyan

Hehe true ;D but i think we should just practice archery and survival or something.. and then when we finally find a spot to build our eco-village we try that there :P

And yes thanks i did read that :)
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Fnua Atxkxe

Archery may be a possibility....
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Swokéyan

Yea i have even been thinking to practice archery / swordfighting before i saw Avatar ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Fnua Atxkxe

Somebody may be bringing a bow...

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

sezawte

:P Orly, why are you looking at me? (lols)
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Fnua Atxkxe

Sorry all, i was updating the 1st post with a new map and some crazy stuff happened. Sorted now. Eywa ngahu.

Fnua Atxkxe

Please keep checking the 1st post here for new info. It is updated regularly and it saves me time if I don't have to keep track of who has not read this or responded to that. I don't want to sound whiney but I can only move organizing this forward id people keep me up to date with what is going on with their respective situations. Irayo ulte Eywa ngahu

Sidenote - Sorry to the mods for the double post here. I wanted to make sure people new there was an update here.

eywa´eveng frrtu

Checked the first post and had my arrival location updated (thank you fnau atxkxe).
Really hope this idea of a campin meetup doesn't die now plans are getting serious.
I'm really looking forward to this and i know i'm not alone ...
If you said you'll be there for the 2010 meetup please do so and don't bail out.

eywa ngahu

Wiesel

I will respond on monday, i got a pretty full planed weekend so i had not much time to stay on track here.
But you can still count on me.

kìyevame ;)
I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...

Ikranä mokri

Quote from: Keye'ung on March 12, 2010, 07:34:18 AM
Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 12, 2010, 05:46:13 AM

QuoteBtw how are the laws about camping in nature in UK?
What is allowed and what forbidden?
And another question what comes in my mind is how are we doing normal human stuff like eating, washing, sleeping (i guess in private tents?).
Not that i have a problem with living in the mud for a week but would be nice to know how you think/see about it.

very illegal but in 2011 ur gonna have me and i know my way around the plain very well.
pretty much everythign is forbidden under a labour government in teh UK

eating, your gonna catch/ kill, gut and cook your own food ( i will bring boil in a bags though)
washing, well you can if you want when we cross teh river for the second time, but u really dont need to, just bring enough clean clothes (thats not that many trust me) and you be fine.
sleeping, tents are really heavy-even 1 man ones- i would suggest just buying a bivvy bag or a good sleeping bag. i wanna move reasonably quickly in 2011 so the light er teh better (you will be covered thought dw0

Isn't the idea of the hunters of the tribe to hunt, kill and gut the food for the cooks to cook the food for the rest of the tribe? While the rest of the tribe play their role? Isn't the idea of this camping thing to see if we can do it?

Killing, gutting and eating your own food is a very solitary thing and its not very tribe like. as a tribe, we should eat together and as a tribe we should hunt and kill enough to feed the whole tribe equally so that no-one goes without.

no the idea isn't to make a makeshift tribe in the Uk. The idea is to see whether people will enjoy and be able to hack the strain of living totally rough. the idea of killing and cooking your own food is all about you getting used to killing something that never did you any harm, then taking a knife and cutting off its skin, removing its guts and having its smell and blood on you for days maybe longer.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Swokéyan

Lurkin' the forums

Ikranä mokri

i is not i has been away for a time so i replying to a thing that is directed at me

Fnua Atxkxe

There has been a new update to the first page! :)

Ikranä mokri

i saw activities had still to be discussed so im gonna take teh initiave and say for 2010 and 2011 what sort of activities would you guys like to do.

Fnua Atxkxe

Before we get too distracted with activities, i would like to wrap up travel first as activities can be discussed later wheras people need to be able to book flights and accomadation as early as possible. Thanks for taking the initiative though twonyu :)

Txontaw

If you are able to do it, you gotta blog it.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Fnua Atxkxe

Course we are able to go it (I hope so or I've wasted a lot of time organizing ;D) Sorry everyone, I wanted to look at travel from London to the camp location but I got distracted. I did do a bit and I have an almost positive idea but need to do little bit more. I will think about doing a blog, irayo for the suggestion. And txontaw, I added you on skype, missed you by about 20 mins, sorry. Usualy on most of the time I'm awake though, feel free to say hi (or kaltxì si vous plait) at any point. :D

Txontaw

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Fnua Atxkxe

fnua_atxkxe, you said hi on 12th but i missed it. Unless there are two skype txontaw's ;D

Txontaw

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 16, 2010, 08:28:28 PM
fnua_atxkxe, you said hi on 12th but i missed it. Unless there are two skype txontaw's ;D

Nah, I remember that, I just lost you on my contacts list.