Naming

Started by The old Uriuujìn, February 16, 2010, 03:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we go with "Project Tribal" as our project name?

Yes
10 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 19, 2011, 01:34:16 PM

The old Uriuujìn

Alright, here's the skinny. We need a name for the Tribe (even if it's just a temporary name), and this thread is for the sole purpose of figuring it out. Does anyone have any good ideas for the Tribal name? It should be in Na'vi, just cause, and we need to be able to vote on it, so go ahead and make your suggestions. Starting... now ^_^

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

[Edit] These are the names we've gathered so far:

'Awvea Atan - First Light
Ayuniltayronu - Dream Hunters
Eywa ay'eveng - Eywa's Children
Olo'Gaiayä - Clan of Gaia
Olo'Terrayä - Clan of Terra
Olo'tawä - Clan of the Sky
Olo'uniltaronä - Clan of the dreamhunters
Olo'tìSìlpey - Clan of hope
Olo'Silpeyu - Clan of those who hope
Spe'euttxe'lan - Captive heart
Tierayali'fya - Spirit of Language
Olo'yangimtsko - Clan of Longbows
Aysute Eywayä - People of Eywa
Txon aysute - Night people? Did I translate this right?
Olo' mipa tìrey - New Life Tribe

When we decide on a name, we should get one of the language experts to look it over for us.

Also, instead of a poll I propose we do a "point system". Once we have a full list of names, you take your top 3 picks and give them points (1-3). Then take your bottom 3 picks and subtract points. I think this will reduce the likelihood that we pick a name that one of use truly doesn't like.

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

'Itan Atxur

All right, I'm just gonna throw the obvious one out there: Omatikaya

This isn't what I'd actually vote for but it's worth having as part of the discussion.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

The old Uriuujìn

Sorry, I should specify- I think that an original name would be best. Not that Omatikaya isn't an awesome name, it's just that it's been taken, and we also need to think about copyright laws... ^_^; So something more original, something more... us ^_^ Irayo

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

what was the one Uriuujin about new light?
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Txon Taronyu

Ya and we might not have a blue flute (still an option which is vital to discuss jk)
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

The old Uriuujìn

'Awvea Atan, First Light, though I don't really think it would fit as the Tribe name. I still like that as the name for the day that we begin this, though ^_^

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

Sure. a sort of turnover period marker.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

'Itan Atxur

Now, my grammar is still bad so these are pretty much guaranteed to be wrong but I'll post them and somebody else can edit them!

Ayuniltayronu

Eywa ay'eveng

These 2 are the best I've got for now. Though admittedly, I didn't try too hard. :P

sezawte

Ayuniltayronu seems the most appropriate bearing in mind what we're trying to achieve here  ;D
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

bagget00

The old Uriuujìn

Olo'Gaiayä, or Olo'Terrayä perhaps

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking! That one kind of just jumped out the moment I opened jMemorize!

Also, I like Olo'Gaiayä.

guest2859

I'm at the library and don't have my guide on me, so pardon me if my Na'vi's (?) off:

Olo'tawä

sezawte

Once we have some suggestions maybe we should set up a poll?
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 16, 2010, 04:52:10 PM
I'm at the library and don't have my guide on me, so pardon me if my Na'vi's (?) off:

Olo'tawä

The name itself is fine but it doesn't seem to represent us.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: sezawte on February 16, 2010, 04:53:49 PM
Once we have some suggestions maybe we should set up a poll?

An excellent point. We'll keep on taking suggestions until the 1st of March, then I'll set up a poll ^_^ Acceptable?

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Itan Atxur

bagget00

Yeah thats about right.

Txon Taronyu

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

well i'm gaian so of course i lean towads Olo'Gaiayä
but it should be spelled:

Olo'Gayayä

which is almost as entertaining as the word kxangangang or prrkxentrrkrr

Olo'uniltaronä

Olo'tìSìlpey

Olo'Silpeyu <my favourite (easy on the mouth smooth sounding)
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)