News - what's happening in the tribe (updated weekly)

Started by Tonbogiri, July 30, 2011, 05:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on October 11, 2011, 11:52:30 AM
Cameron has made a lot of film. Him having done once Avatar does not mean he is fully an environmentalist, even if he did do a documentary against a dam. Fine, but does not make one person a hero or someone who will invest himself in all the small initiatives that could appear.

Let's make sure our idea and project grows and evolves. And only when it shall be solid and reliable enough, then it is possible to have more 'interested' people. Then it may be possible to have supporters. But certainly not the other way round.

Cost is certainly an issue. But there should be solutions that shall avoid the necessity of asking for help, which is the last thing to do.

yeah, and he is making 2 more Avatar movies

'Itan Atxur

Cameron has made a lot of film. Him having done once Avatar does not mean he is fully an environmentalist, even if he did do a documentary against a dam. Fine, but does not make one person a hero or someone who will invest himself in all the small initiatives that could appear.

Let's make sure our idea and project grows and evolves. And only when it shall be solid and reliable enough, then it is possible to have more 'interested' people. Then it may be possible to have supporters. But certainly not the other way round.

Cost is certainly an issue. But there should be solutions that shall avoid the necessity of asking for help, which is the last thing to do.

I do believe that he truly is an environmentalist. However, I completely agree with the rest of your post.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on October 12, 2011, 04:32:00 AM

I do believe that he truly is an environmentalist. However, I completely agree with the rest of your post.

I believe that too that he is an environmentalist

Tsmuktengan

Fine. I stay septic and ask for more proofs from Cameron. Many environmentalists have done better, and did not only concentrate on Belo Monte, as there are issues in many parts of the world. And yet, if he could have attracted more attention and have placed more pressure on Belo Monte, then the project would probably be slower and the people called 'ecologists' in Brazil, would at least get a better image. So far, I've only seen him doing two videos and participating at one conference in Manaus. Up to now, I have seen no news. This gives me the feeling that this was a communication operation for the good thinking.

Perhaps he is, but I don't give credit or believe so easily, and think that our Tribe project should not need to ask such support before it has really taken off.

I am trying to find costs for French Guiana, but I find this hard to find. I need to look more and better, since it is a major issue for us.

Vakari

Even more, tao of those devoted members would never be able to make that kind of money. If I can't even make $12,000 for my surgery I highly doubt we could make over $200,000
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Vakari on October 12, 2011, 10:07:13 PM
If I can't even make $12,000 for my surgery I highly doubt we could make over $200,000

Ouch.  :(

Vakari

We an in my lifemate and I. We were homeless for a couple months, and realized that the state doesn't care about young homeless people unless they're veterans or hopped up on drugs.
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]