News - what's happening in the tribe (updated weekly)

Started by Tonbogiri, July 30, 2011, 05:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

Kaltxì everybody!

Our numbers are down, I am afraid. Our past chronicler has vanished, with other things on his plate that are pulling him away from the boards. But let us not die in vain!

I am restarting this news board. The reason for this is simple - I feel we have found a location, at last. This is a great thing - location has kept us bogged down for nigh on twelve months, and has gradually caused a reduction in our members.

The new location, which is based in Hawaii, can be found on this thread here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/tribe-archive/hawaiian-location-2/msg480184/#msg480184

All information regarding it can be found on the topic.

So the news, in brief:
LOCATION PROBLEM SOLVED.

Eywa ngahu to us all.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Ohhhh :D :D :D :D :D
that's good news
have we really found a location, that can be good?
If so, Eywa ngahu to us all, as you said :D :D :D :D :D

Tsyal Maktoyu

That place looks awesome. I knew Hawaii had what we needed!

Oh, and I'm still in, I'm just a serial lurker. :P

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I'm pretty much a serial lurker now too. At least I haven't completely disappeared like I used to. Still here every day :)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I'm trying to figure out what I'm aiming for, but I'm still watching and trying to help. :-\
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Tonbogiri

Kaltxì everyody!

It has been a week of frenzied activity. Statistics are showing that more posts happened in the last seven days than in the last two months - so a huge thank-you to everyone who has put forward ideas or contributed to suggestions.

So, UPDATES:

Hawaiian Location: Currently receiving a thorough going over by our members. If it is to be our location, it must be perfect after all - even so, it still looks promising for now. Research into backup locations is also ongoing.

New Website: A supreme effort by our resident computer programmer expert Txontaw! This new website, which is custom built, is still in development - but early pictures show a far more elegant style than that of the old project-tribal.com! Watch this space...

Funding/Budget: We have always known that money will prove pivotal to our goal. Right now, we have estimations of costs for property purchase, and that alone is in the millions of dollars. Add to that everything else, and the figure is quite staggering...

All in all, a very productive week! This is just a small selection of the wide variety of topics that have been raised recently. Check out the sub-boards, and contribute as you all see fit! Good luck...

Eywa ngahu to us all.
Tonbogiri

Eywayä lì'u

What are our current numbers Tonbogiri? Also do you know how balanced we are gender-wise? If we still have around 30% female and 70% male like we had about a year ago, that could be a bigger problem than population for (possible) future generations of the tribe.
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tonbogiri

Current numbers have seen a boom in recent weeks. Simply by saying that our location is sorted (which it kind of is - oddly enough, we keep finding better places!), we caused a massive influx of people.

If we include those who, despite not being able to long term commit to Project Tribal, are still helping us out, then our numbers are estimated at around fifteen.

The gender ratio is something I am not sure of. It may still be 70/30 male/female, or possibly even less than that. Right now, we are more focused on how our relatively short term goals will pan out. Future generations are not a priority at the moment - but it is great to see that you are looking this far ahead!

Keep up that optimism, and you will go far around here.

Tonbogiri

'Itan Atxur

The M/F ratio is just about as bad as it's ever been. I'd say we're at best 10 guys to every 1 girl.

Äteya

I just want to say that I was lurking here for awhile so in my mind I counted my self as one of the tribe even before I joined the forums. ;D

'Itan Atxur

Äteya

Yep, I found a good way to tell my parents that I was making an account here with out saying right away that I was joining a bunch of people who wanted to start a real tribe. :) I told them pretty soon after I joined up though.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Äteya on August 07, 2011, 08:42:50 PM
Yep, I found a good way to tell my parents that I was making an account here with out saying right away that I was joining a bunch of people who wanted to start a real tribe. :) I told them pretty soon after I joined up though.

I have to say well done on that! I haven't informed my family yet, but luckily my family are quite understanding of my decisions and generally stick to the "your life, your decision" way of thinking :P
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Äteya

My dad supports me.
My mom says I'm not going to live with freaks who want to run around naked.

guest2859

Quote from: Äteya on August 08, 2011, 09:58:21 AM
My dad supports me.
My mom says I'm not going to live with freaks who want to run around naked.

Glad I don't have to be the one that said it. I was wondering about all the publicity that

Äteya

Well I don't think hippies would hunt. So that's one name taken care of.

guest2859

Quote from: Äteya on August 08, 2011, 03:38:14 PM
Well I don't think hippies would hunt. So that's one name taken care of.

And the sex-addict name would forever be placed on us by the 6 billion that'll be gone in the next 150 years?

Sorry, I can't put this any other way without sounding rude

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I have some questions:

When we get the land, what if somebody else coming inside our land area, like other people's? Or what if they see us?

I think maybe they will look weird on us, when we are blue, but who cares!!!

Nìmwey

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng