Tribe (This forum is retired. All topics are read-only.) > Real-life Na'vi Tribe

Pull the Plug?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tìtstewan:
Alright, I originally wasn't going to reply here, because I'm not one of the tribe smuk, and the whole tribe forum is usually set read only (?) but...

--- Quote from: Raiden on February 08, 2014, 02:48:17 am ---None of these questions were answered. None of them.
Without answers to these questions, you all would all die, and the location you picked would be in such terrible shape ecologically by the time you were dead that it would be better off being burned.
--- End quote ---
Those questions was discussed, they KNEW about this! I don't understand, why this is mentioned here, what they should have done first, they know this already and it was discussed.
Also there is a private board where some of these tribe people also wrote something, but I don't know what.

The biggest problem is, HOW to make THAT real, which way is the best to make it real. There are some useful lands, and there are a lots of ways to build a basis of own supply with food, learning about the local animals and eatable food. Hunting isn't really necessary, if they want to safe the local environment and keep the biodiversity alive. They cannot bomb theirself back into the stone age, this doesn't work, and this was also somewhere discussed.
The biggest barrier is the money to buy useful land. Then to respect the local rights (one cannot hunt in some countries without special licences) and the tribe people itself: how are the social structure between them, is and will be it stabile? But again, this was also discussed in various topics...

This whole tribe section died just by inactivity caused by the fact that ten people cannot make those ideas real easily...expect someone of them wins in the lottory.
I just wondering, why this whole project could be so much time alive. At the begining of this project, I would made a study to this following question: How realistic is it to make this idea real? Not "realistic" in the sense if that tribe idea is possible, but in the sense HOW those guys would make that possible. I don't know if this was done before set up such a huge section. But the founders of this project knew that the money to buy land is and will be the top barrier of this whole tribe idea.

Edit: To post here where other smuk can't, isn't really useful for a discussion...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
No, it looks like any smuk can post here, and elsewhere in this forum. I have no special privileges anywhere on LearnNavi that would allow me to post in a locked forum, so this forum are not truly locked.

I also think ti should be moved to the end of the forum list, so you don't have to 'cross' it to get to the forums below it.

And I fully agree with Raiden. Its not impossible to set up a community like this, but it is so difficult, it might as well be. Historically, no other self-sufficient commune I know of has ever survived (and I studied one that fell apart, which was started by a church several centuries ago, in what is today Green Bay, Wisconsin.). For another look at a group that tried this (and almost succeeded), I recommend M. Night Shyamalan's intriguing movie, 'The Village'.

Tìtstewan:
Ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä, you are in the LEP membergroup....
I got a message from a member, they cannot post here, expect one is in a other membergroup too.

To make a tripe group and live somewhere is possible. As I wrote, one can learn about the local animals and plants, but the thing is, how you will get land for this tribe idea? And this is the big barrier for this idea. Niri te has mentioned, that in the group should be persons who can build sometinh (house), someone who know to male food etc. Also I'm agree with Raiden. But all there mentioned point was discussed already in various topic in this tribe section, that means, the involved people for this project know this points already.
As long as no one will win in a lottory or got land as gift which he/she can share with other people and can live there autonomously, these ideas is doomed to heartbreaking impossibility. :(

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:

--- Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 09, 2014, 05:01:32 am ---Ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä, you are in the LEP membergroup....
I got a message from a member, they cannot post here, expect one is in a other membergroup too.
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Not an expected behavior of the board. if a thread/forum is locked, someone from outside that forum should not be able to post. I wonder if I can create an experiment on the Dothraki board, and duplicate this behavior?

--- Quote from: Tìtstewan ---To make a tripe group and live somewhere is possible. As I wrote, one can learn about the local animals and plants, but the thing is, how you will get land for this tribe idea? And this is the big barrier for this idea. Niri te has mentioned, that in the group should be persons who can build sometinh (house), someone who know to male food etc. Also I'm agree with Raiden. But all there mentioned point was discussed already in various topic in this tribe section, that means, the involved people for this project know this points already.
As long as no one will win in a lottory or got land as gift which he/she can share with other people and can live there autonomously, these ideas is doomed to heartbreaking impossibility. :(

--- End quote ---

Forming a tribe is relatively easy. All it takes is resources that are somewhat easily obtained (money helps!). The really hard part is being autonomous. It is virtually impossible to be completely autonomous this day in age. But if this board is more or less closed, I think we should respect that. There are other places where this conversation could be continued.

Tìtstewan:
Spoiler: regarding posting
--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 11, 2014, 08:26:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 09, 2014, 05:01:32 am ---Ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä, you are in the LEP membergroup....
--- End quote ---

Interesting. Not an expected behavior of the board. if a thread/forum is locked, someone from outside that forum should not be able to post. I wonder if I can create an experiment on the Dothraki board, and duplicate this behavior?
--- End quote ---
It has to do with the specific rights on that board which Markì gave in the past regarding the LEP membergroup.
Spoiler: snip
--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 11, 2014, 08:26:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Tìtstewan ---To make a tripe group and live somewhere is possible. As I wrote, one can learn about the local animals and plants, but the thing is, how you will get land for this tribe idea? And this is the big barrier for this idea. Niri te has mentioned, that in the group should be persons who can build sometinh (house), someone who know to male food etc. Also I'm agree with Raiden. But all there mentioned point was discussed already in various topic in this tribe section, that means, the involved people for this project know this points already.

--- End quote ---

Forming a tribe is relatively easy. All it takes is resources that are somewhat easily obtained (money helps!). The really hard part is being autonomous. It is virtually impossible to be completely autonomous this day in age. But if this board is more or less closed, I think we should respect that. There are other places where this conversation could be continued.
--- End quote ---
As for the complete autonomy, it depends what the group want to have in their tribe and which kind of tribe they want to start.
And yes, a discussion is better in another pleace. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version