[Website post] Project Tribal's goals

Started by Tsmuktengan, June 18, 2012, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

I finally ended the first really important post of the project (since a long time) and of the new website.

Project Tribal's goals on the project's website

Feel free to discuss it here.

guest2859

Activity in the website gave me a boost in wanting to do it. The lack of views made it feel lonely during the time it was down.

Tsmuktengan

This project is still at the beginning. Be patient.  ;)

This is being done on my sleep time, reason for why I took so long. But I also started to complete some location pages. So there is more to come, and potentially more news pots as well... and food for thought.  :)

Feel free to include on the site what seems useful to you, I would be grateful to you.

...and to you members that read the forums and that do not post, please feel free to comment on this. As said at the end, if you could gather for legal information from sites, administrations or friends to know how to obtain a piece of land while not spending too much money for this, this would be very helpful. It also certainly depends on the country and the state.

Nìmwey

Where did that gorgeous website come from?
And all the sudden activity? (Maybe from the forum being down for so long...:P The latter anyway.)

Tsmuktengan

It came from me, hosting it, and Nantang greatly improving it's look.

I am completing datasheets for potential locations, especially states. I have just finished a typically almost complete page here that can be used as a reference to organize data for other states.

Feel free to help me by posting here organized information for the states of your choice. I sometimes find it difficult to parse all the forums myself.

Nìmwey

Very nice work, but I guess with "chasing" you mean "hunting", right? ;)
French Guiana does seem like a good candidate, when researching South America I've found that it's probably the best location, healthwise and so on, in northern South America.

Tsmuktengan

Fixed. It is indeed 'hunting', mixed up english and french. ;D

I think there should still be more information to complete about other potential locations to really have the choice. I will try to investigate more legal stuff for this one on my side, but we can still have a look at what there can be in the US, or potentially elsewhere.

EDIT: Yet, I just came across this topic I actually never read : Climate choices

Tsmuktengan

Going even more off-topic, I just read this from you ma Nimwey :
QuoteAustralia - Pretty high danger level, with many dangerous animals. Otherwise not in my research.

What makes this country even more dangerous? Any specific hazards for specific areas?

Nìmwey

Hm, if I wrote that, I guess it's a rather old post. :P
The place I can think of where I got that would be somewhere here (sorry, can't find it now): http://forest-living.org/index.php
We were talking - at some point - about the dangerous animals (such as the rather venomous spiders and snakes) in Australia.
There ARE some dangerous animals there, but it doesn't seem to be that bad. Not if you have a plan in case of emergency.

Tsmuktengan

OK, then feel free to help me completing the list with potentially good places, according to your researches.