Some questions about the tribe...

Started by Swokéyan, March 12, 2010, 03:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swokéyan

Kaltxì ma frapo!
I have been wondering about some stuff alot lately.
I almost read every thread i could, but i cant find the answer  :P
We have had alot of people talking about the eco-village.
And also about another camp?
And what will be exactly the duration?
So im wondering this;

Will we set up an eco-village with all technology we need and stuff, and also another tribe camp elsewhere, or will it be the same thing?
Then, after we have build the eco-village how long will we stay there? Cause im sure none of us will be able to stay there forever, we als have our normal lives where we will be stuck in  :P and i dont think most of us will hold it out for longer than 2 months or so.
But, after we leave theres a high risk the village will get ruined by animals or humans, so we need someone to stay behind and guard the village, right?

I may be a bit vague but im just trying to use my best english to get an answer on my questions  ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Ikranä mokri

QuoteWill we set up an eco-village with all technology we need and stuff, and also another tribe camp elsewhere, or will it be the same thing?
2 different things for the hardcores (people who want tribe life) and the people who wanna do good but dont think they could hack all out tribal (eco-village) (not trying to insult eco-villagers just making it easy to understand) the eco village will have things like medicine and other modern technologies that will benefit the tribe on the whole.

QuoteThen, after we have build the eco-village how long will we stay there? Cause im sure none of us will be able to stay there forever, we als have our normal lives where we will be stuck in  and i dont think most of us will hold it out for longer than 2 months or so.
But, after we leave theres a high risk the village will get ruined by animals or humans, so we need someone to stay behind and guard the village, right?

this isnt a temporary thing were discussing here! most of us ( it think) wanna stay there for teh duration of our lives (with the occasional return home to show your parents that your OK) there will be a summer camp for people who wanna do it but dont wanna stay forever. this is why were doing meets and camping trips where you totally bum it, to see if you can hack it, if you have strong will then you should get used to it after a while and tehn eventually it will become the norm. if you think you cant hack 2 months then i would sat teh best way to go is summer camp.
hopefully no one will leave the villag

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Swokéyan

Alright then, thanks for taking the time to let me know  ;D
Its gonna be hard for me... i do want to live in the tribe forever because i think i will like it way more than the life i could live here... But i dont want to miss my family forever, i still love them  :)
Damn.. its weird how one amazing movie can change the whole view of ur life.

About the Eco-village...
If we do bring technology, what will be our power source? cause you need power to make them work. Im talking about technology like laptops, cellphones and tvs.
And how will we build the village? Will we bring wood or stones with us, or will we gather them over there.. And if we bring a vehicle like a car for emergencies, where will we park it?
Then.. if everything is ready, have we already chosen our olo'eyktan and tsahìk if necessary?
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Ikranä mokri

QuoteIf we do bring technology, what will be our power source? cause you need power to make them work. Im talking about technology like laptops, cellphones and tvs.
And how will we build the village? Will we bring wood or stones with us, or will we gather them over there.. And if we bring a vehicle like a car for emergencies, where will we park it?
Then.. if everything is ready, have we already chosen our olo'eyktan and tsahìk if necessary?

technology on the whole is no no but i think there will be 1 laptop for internet use and 1 tv for showings of HD avatar XD and we will build the village with our hands. hopefully a couple of people are doing engineering or architrchture so they can design and help build it properly. we may have to bring wood with us but we could use some of teh natural recources in teh area. as for working things i believe that solar and wind and other green energies will be used.

as for vehicles i believe we have a hughey (chopper) but as for a car im not sure.

and we had and olo'eyktan but he seems to have been offlline for a long time

Swokéyan

Ah okay ;D
I just want everything to go alright, this mission must not fail! :p
And does anyone maybe knows why our olo'eyktan has fled? Hope he's coming back soon though, else we might have to choose a new one..
Lurkin' the forums

Keye'ung

Another point to raise is, we'll need licences to hunt animals. And as for living there permenantly thats another issue. Whats gunna happen with regards to the council? yes the council. They'll want the tax and such. We can't just stop paying taxes, we'll be hunted by the fraud people. As for the land that we will be staying on? Someone is going to have to buy that land otherwise we'll be charged rent and with jobless people thats going to be awfully difficult.

I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but these are serious things to consider if you want this to actually work. You'll need to talk to the local council about this, things we can and can't do ( when you find a location). If you want this to work smoothly you need to talk to the appropriate authorities and do things legally because if we appear one day they'll kick us off the land before you can say kaltxi.
A question that often drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?

Ikranä mokri

QuoteAnother point to raise is, we'll need licences to hunt animals. And as for living there permenantly thats another issue. Whats gunna happen with regards to the council? yes the council. They'll want the tax and such. We can't just stop paying taxes, we'll be hunted by the fraud people. As for the land that we will be staying on? Someone is going to have to buy that land otherwise we'll be charged rent and with jobless people thats going to be awfully difficult.

in some countries you dont need licences (dependant on location). techincally if were moving to another country then were emmigrating so british laws wont affect us (im a brit as well btw) there may not even be councils, and if your earning nothign then you dont have to pay taxes.

and we are planning on buying the land otherwise its just pointless us even trying this

QuoteI don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but these are serious things to consider if you want this to actually work. You'll need to talk to the local council about this, things we can and can't do ( when you find a location). If you want this to work smoothly you need to talk to the appropriate authorities and do things legally because if we appear one day they'll kick us off the land before you can say kaltxi.

keep in mind that its not in the UK. its in a totally different country to us, and if we own the land they can kick us off

Keye'ung

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 12, 2010, 05:52:15 AM
QuoteAnother point to raise is, we'll need licences to hunt animals. And as for living there permenantly thats another issue. Whats gunna happen with regards to the council? yes the council. They'll want the tax and such. We can't just stop paying taxes, we'll be hunted by the fraud people. As for the land that we will be staying on? Someone is going to have to buy that land otherwise we'll be charged rent and with jobless people thats going to be awfully difficult.

in some countries you dont need licences (dependant on location). techincally if were moving to another country then were emmigrating so british laws wont affect us (im a brit as well btw) there may not even be councils, and if your earning nothign then you dont have to pay taxes.

and we are planning on buying the land otherwise its just pointless us even trying this

QuoteI don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but these are serious things to consider if you want this to actually work. You'll need to talk to the local council about this, things we can and can't do ( when you find a location). If you want this to work smoothly you need to talk to the appropriate authorities and do things legally because if we appear one day they'll kick us off the land before you can say kaltxi.

keep in mind that its not in the UK. its in a totally different country to us, and if we own the land they can kick us off

Touche :D

I can't argue there xD;
A question that often drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?

Swokéyan

Yea we will just find some land that is not populated at all.
If the council chases us we will capture and torture them xD
Lurkin' the forums