Yes
28 (71.8%)
No
4 (10.3%)
do not care
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Txon Taronyu

This is just getting a head count of who wants to speak Na'vi in the tribe.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Fnua Atxkxe

I think that it would be great for adding to a sense of community spirit. I also think that bit everyone will be able to put the time into learning it fluently enough to make this practical. I think this is something that we could aim to do once we have the tribe set up and have settled down a bit. A long term idea rather. I myself plan to learn the language over the next few years certainly but I think it is a bad idea to try and se up the tribe as a Na´vi speaking community. We could definately work towards it in the long term. Those of us who have (hopefully :D) become fluent can teach it to the rest.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

sezawte

Hmm... I don't really mind too much, but certainly at the start I don't think it's a good idea. We need to learn about survival, hunting, skinning etc. as a priority above another language
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Txon Taronyu

Personaly I do not think it sounds that good as languages go
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

guest2859

I'm 50-50 on this, so I put I don't care. It won't be a complete language for like a decade, so our native languages could still be used.

Txon Taronyu

the main argument for speaking Na'vi will to make us more of a communtiy but think about it we will all be such good friends after like a month that we will already be just as close as if we are speaking Na'vi

also if we speak Na'vi I think this will turn much more into a fan club then I would want

guest2859

Well, we don't exactly want this to look like a TV forum, but we don't just want people piling up with us just because. But if we do speak Na'vi, it'll seperate us out from the other groups.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Why don't speak Na'vi? It's the language that bring us together in the first place! An other point is that, since we are around people who want to lean the language, the chances that someone who doesn't speak English at all want to join our tribe is kinda high.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Tonbogiri

I don't really mind either way, I suppose it's a matter of personal preference.
It would be really interesting if we could all speak Na'Vi, that's for certain!

Perhaps we should speak Na'Vi in certain situations (such as ceremonies or other funky tribal stuff)?

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Kawazoe on April 10, 2010, 12:09:58 PM
Why don't speak Na'vi? It's the language that bring us together in the first place! An other point is that, since we are around people who want to lean the language, the chances that someone who doesn't speak English at all want to join our tribe is kinda high.

I think it would be great to be able to speak Na´vi in the tribe however it is impractical to say that we should be aiming to do it in the beggning as this would creat complications for many. There are other more important things to learn first such as survival techniques. I think it is something we could look towards in the king term though, definately :D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

sezawte

Quote from: Tonbogiri on April 10, 2010, 05:27:00 PM
Perhaps we should speak Na'Vi in certain situations (such as ceremonies or other funky tribal stuff)?

This, is the best idea i've heard in context with the whole language discussion, karma for you.

It seems to me that in day to day use Na'vi would be quite un-practical as if you want to warn somebody that say the water isn't good to drink, you don't want to be groping around in your head for the word for water if the other person's just about to stuff their face into it. What I'm trying to say, is that English would be more practical since we already speak it, and since it would come more naturally it would most likely be safer. Don't get me wrong I love the Na'vi language and it would be great if we could speak it but we also need to be practical, so I think Tonbogiri's suggestion is the most likely thing we can do in practise
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txontaw

Quote from: sezawte on April 10, 2010, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: Tonbogiri on April 10, 2010, 05:27:00 PM

This, is the best idea i've heard in context with the whole language discussion, karma for you.

It seems to me that in day to day use Na'vi would be quite un-practical as if you want to warn somebody that say the water isn't good to drink, you don't want to be groping around in your head for the word for water if the other person's just about to stuff their face into it. What I'm trying to say, is that English would be more practical since we already speak it, and since it would come more naturally it would most likely be safer. Don't get me wrong I love the Na'vi language and it would be great if we could speak it but we also need to be practical, so I think Tonbogiri's suggestion is the most likely thing we can do in practise

Remember, though, we do have more than four years. That is enough time for the language to develop, and for us to master it. I believe that day to day talking is an option, if nobody slacks off. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

sezawte

Don't forget though we need to improve our physical health, and learn survival techniques etc. so for some individuals (most likely me) learning a language on top of that would prove too much... hmm...

abi

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on April 10, 2010, 11:01:14 AM
Personaly I do not think it sounds that good as languages go

If you speak it fluently you won't hear how it sounds anymore. ;)

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on April 10, 2010, 11:35:38 AM
also if we speak Na'vi I think this will turn much more into a fan club then I would want

But isn't that the the whole point of a Na'vi tribe? If we don't want to get too "fanish" then we might as well not even bother with avatar.

Quote from: sezawte on April 10, 2010, 05:58:08 PM
Don't forget though we need to improve our physical health, and learn survival techniques etc. so for some individuals (most likely me) learning a language on top of that would prove too much... hmm...

Well just memorize 10-20 vocab words a week and review the grammar at the end of the week, that +4 years should have you with at least a couple hundred words under your belt. I'm sure that fluent speakers would also be more than happy to help once you got there.

sezawte

Don't forget a lot of us are in full time education and therefore have to do a lot of work for that already, so even fitting in the basic survival techniques is a struggle. Maybe as an optional extra that's as maybe but i don't think it should be our first language

Txon Taronyu

I agree with sezawte

Quote from: abi on April 10, 2010, 06:26:55 PM

If you speak it fluently you won't hear how it sounds anymore. ;)

But isn't that the the whole point of a Na'vi tribe? If we don't want to get too "fanish" then we might as well not even bother with avatar.

well you can still hear the sound my sister (she speaks both english and french) still says French sounds better

But we are not a "Na'vi" tribe really we are just people who want to be hunter gathers so ya I say we should not get to fanish

Txontaw

Perhaps after we settle, it could creep into use?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

guest2859

:D Or some people would take longer to switch over.

sezawte

That's more along the lines of what I was suggesting, perhaps have speaking Na'vi as a long term goal for after we've set things up instead of one of our primary objectives

Txon Taronyu

after some thought I have decided that I would be fine with speaking Na'vi