Yes
28 (71.8%)
No
4 (10.3%)
do not care
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

sezawte

I'm fine speaking it I just don't think it should be our first priority, I think we should make survival techniques a priority
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Nanaki

Quote from: sezawte on April 11, 2010, 10:43:46 AM
I'm fine speaking it I just don't think it should be our first priority, I think we should make survival techniques a priority

yes, I think it's one of the priority but not the most important ! (But it's a big one, the Na'vi is the reason why we are here together)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I think it's a good way to bond, a way to learn together and strengthen the tribe's bonds of family.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Swokéyan

I think it would be the best decision to speak both Na'vi and English (right?)
Cause only speaking Na'vi wont be that easy for everyone, but also i dont know if everyone is good enough to make others know what you are trying to say in English :P
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Predict

I think we should aim to ultimately be speaking Na'vi as the dominant language, we don't need to start with a 100% complete language either, it would evolve to suit our needs.
After four years learning it'd only take a few months messing around with it to come up with a practical language, once we have words like 'eco-toilet' and 'that's a deadly spider' rolls quickly off the tongue we should be fine.

I think it would help create more of a cultural identity (as opposed to just some people in a tribe) because it reflects our origin and what we hope to achieve, our inspiration in a way.

guest2859

Hm... hopefully by then it'll be a complete language. But that isn't looking possible as of now.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Ngari san hiyìk 'u leru ma Toruk Txonä. Pxel txo ke tsun ayoeng pivängkxo teri 'uo ke leNa'vi fa leNa'via lì'fya...
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

guest2859

Well, I haven't been studying much, so for me it's still just in a cloud.

I still have an enormous lack of vocabulary but I guess that by just using it everyday like I do I should be able to get pretty good :D

Seriously, once you've got the grammar down, you can understand anything written with just a good dictionary. It's not that hard and have a lot of potential for various subjects ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

guest2859

Yeah, but after what I've seen this weekend, it's no doubt I'm holding off everything so I can get out of depression.

All because I have the worst reaction.

That's kinda sad... But I understand you completely.

By learning this language, I realized that half of the people I know are actually... well... they are not interested by the same things as me anymore. And it strangely happens that all of those persons are my real life friends.

So yeah... I'm kinda depressed too right now.

sezawte

:-\ I've actually lost friends from learning Na'vi, although gained some as well to be fair
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Swokéyan

You guys are talking about losing real life friends because off learning Na'vi?
Sorry but if they cannot accept that they are just acting ridiculous and they are not really your friends :-\
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Nanaki

Quote from: Swokéyan on April 13, 2010, 09:23:40 AM
Sorry but if they cannot accept that they are just acting ridiculous and they are not really your friends :-\

Yep ... My friend respect me for learning na'vi and doing all stuff (like the real life na'vi tribe).
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

I didn't really lose any friends, it's just that we don't talk much since we don't have the same interest anymore...

sezawte

Quote from: Swokéyan on April 13, 2010, 09:23:40 AM

No that's about right really, one of these "friends" of mine came up and told me I was wasting my life, completely crazy and that after all the things he'd had to put up with this was taking it too far...

Swokéyan

Lurkin' the forums

sezawte

meh... anyway we're off topic

Esmond

We could always switch between Na'vi and English. Like, in my family there are two different languages being spoken, English and Chinese. I switch between them to accommodate to who I'm talking to. When I'm outside, I need to switch between 3 languages which includes Malay.

So for those who can speak both English and Na'vi, you can always accommodate to who you're talking to.

That's what I think.

Help preserve Nature.

Fnua Atxkxe

That's pretty much what we have been saying, also that perhaps learning Na´vi is a long term goal once the tribe has been set up and is comfortable. There is no need to make this more difficult for people than it already is. Personally I am going to (try XD) and keep learning it before the tribe gets started. If we have any profficient speakers then they can teach the rest of us :D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^