News - What's happening in the Tribe (Updated Weekly)

Started by Predict, August 29, 2010, 03:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

Quote from: 'Eylan Ayikranä on December 12, 2010, 01:38:54 PM
Progress Update 9: 12-12-10 *Prepare for...News*

Okay, so copy&paste doesn't work when there's a restart in between, there goes my beautiful news post.  :'( Here we go again. (network issues)

This week has seen the untimely demise of the (rather short-lived) Blog, with any luck it will be running again soon, no pressure.

The general consensus is that the dry run has yielded all the useful information it can without a real location and so it is being brought to a conclusion. See here (http://forum.learnnavi.org/official-tribe-matters/the-dry-run-lets-get-going!/msg360907/#msg360907) for a nice summary and here for the latest post (http://forum.learnnavi.org/official-tribe-matters/the-dry-run-lets-get-going!/msg365320/#new).

And finally, an advertisement. Be sure to check out Tonbogiri's Christmas Competition: (http://forum.learnnavi.org/tribe-ideas/christmas-competition!/)

Progress Up to Now (What has been decided about the Tribe)
Location: Tropical - Subtropical climate (preference for sub.). Forest vegetation. Renewed interest in Australia.
Considering temperate but only as a back up if sub tropics fail. Also some thoughts on private islands.
Tribe: To operate primarily as hunter gatherers, supplemented by small scale farming. Only self produced technology.
Eco Village: Electricity and permanent housing, permanent agriculture. Site for computers and medicine.
Government: Largely egalitarian although there will be one or more 'leaders' to coordinate day-to-day operations.
Buildings: Permanent 'base' for modern tech.

What's Next
Location: Geraldo Case Study Immigration laws, disease and parasites, Land requirements (game, vegetation, electricity)
Tribe: Finalize suitable technology level.
Eco Village: Decide on necessary technology, choose power generation method, building methods?
Government: Outline government and laws in tribe.
Board Management Complete reorganisation/renaming of boards. Move posts.

Well, with the dry run complete it looks like we're ready tog et back to everybody's favorite pursuit, location research!

Also, mods, weren't we planning on reorganizing and generally streamlining the board?

-'Eylan Ayikranä

p.s. Does anyone know if it's possible to make words hyperlinks so I don't need to post whole URLs (messy). I'm thinking "here"

Edit: Nit-picking. You're not going to catch me out this time!

The blog is back, but it's more towards MCR than the tribe now. Though, if you ask Haxalot, he'd give you a URL.

EDIT: Yeah, I think he could grant something like tribe.ke.skxawng.lu.

Nantxe'lan

Quote from: 'Eylan Ayikranä on December 12, 2010, 01:38:54 PM
p.s. Does anyone know if it's possible to make words hyperlinks so I don't need to post whole URLs (messy). I'm thinking "here"

(url=your-url-here)your text here(/url)

just replace the ( ) with [ ]  ;)
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/

genesis

kaltxi!

so i'v been reading the News since i'v been gone for a loooong time
and i was a little confuced about the Tribe having technology

sooo is the tribe going to have basic technology or something ???

-gen
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

hemmond

I'll sumarize, what I know from other boards (and my opinion too)... We live in modern civilisation, so we can't cut out ourselves completely. So we'll stay in touch by internet->Computers->Power sources...
And some of us are game producers, so they need to have place, where they can work->computers->power sources.
And we need some kind of transportation and refrigeration of medicines. We don't have that strong imunity. Our ancestors (few thousands/hundred of thousands years ago) who lived in tribes had stronger imunity, than we have... And there were less diseases caused by modern civilisation... And maybe to refrigerate meat and other stuff, so we'll use all posible sources of food. We can't kill everything alive only because we are hungry. And we can't use old, corrupted meat... Unless we are trying to mass suicide.
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Nantxe'lan

and of course everyone can choose freely for him-/herself how much technoligy he or she wants to use ;)
we're not forcing anyone in using it. we jsut plan to have it available - just in case so to speak.

Tonbogiri

Precisely. If anything else for legalty's sake - we do not want to have an over-enthuisiastic health and safety official decide to shut us down. We therefore need facilities to maintain contact with the outside world, to be able to reach nearby emergency services, and to ensure the basic medical needs of everyone onsite. Doesn't that sound official!

Also, as a general heads up, we need to start several new research divisions.

Exact locations: The dry run topic has begun to run dry in terms of useful info - pretty much all we can get we have got. We now need to find individual locations and then apply all that we have discovered to each one. I encourage for there to be no restraints on this - go mad, and find any that you think would suit us. Bring back some of the jazz that existed at the start of this grand venture! A dedicated thread is available right here!

USA immigration: We want to know exactly how difficult it is. You see, several of our members are american, and having people already in the host country may present better opportunities. Or, if any other nationalities have a suggestion for a location, then bring it up!

Fundraising: It's gonna cost a lot. A LOT. So, any plans? Remember, in addition to location (cost in the millions), we also need to cover immigration, solicitors, capital costs, and of course, training. Also in this research could we find out how to make the tribe a non-profit organisation - that way, we can get around many immigration problems (we are investing in a business). A wilderness skills training camp, possibly, or eco-tourism! Anything!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

genesis

Quote from: hemmond on January 03, 2011, 04:33:05 PM
I'll sumarize, what I know from other boards (and my opinion too)... We live in modern civilisation, so we can't cut out ourselves completely. So we'll stay in touch by internet->Computers->Power sources...
And some of us are game producers, so they need to have place, where they can work->computers->power sources.
And we need some kind of transportation and refrigeration of medicines. We don't have that strong imunity. Our ancestors (few thousands/hundred of thousands years ago) who lived in tribes had stronger imunity, than we have... And there were less diseases caused by modern civilisation... And maybe to refrigerate meat and other stuff, so we'll use all posible sources of food. We can't kill everything alive only because we are hungry. And we can't use old, corrupted meat... Unless we are trying to mass suicide.

ok  ;D i think i understand now thanks
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Fundraising: It's gonna cost a lot. A LOT. So, any plans? Remember, in addition to location (cost in the millions), we also need to cover immigration, solicitors, capital costs, and of course, training. Also in this research could we find out how to make the tribe a non-profit organisation - that way, we can get around many immigration problems (we are investing in a business). A wilderness skills training camp, possibly, or eco-tourism! Anything!

We can always start playing stuff, like here in Europe, Euromillions, or LOTTO, if you win those, you get alot, but really alot of money :p

hemmond

Quote from: genesis on January 03, 2011, 05:29:28 PM
Quote from: hemmond on January 03, 2011, 04:33:05 PM

ok  ;D i think i understand now thanks

You are welcome. :)

Quote from: Mìhìl on January 04, 2011, 08:33:46 AM

We can always start playing stuff, like here in Europe, Euromillions, or LOTTO, if you win those, you get alot, but really alot of money :p

Okay. You'll play and if you win, you will buy an island and equipment. Deal? :D
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Nantxe'lan

which system? here in germany theres only "6 out of 49" Lotto...
and to win in this system - even if you are the only participant - the chances are 1 to 140 Million.
so I'd prefer to start playing roulette - it has higher chances ;D

Tonbogiri

Well, this weekly update is a bit late. Is 'Eylan Ayikräna around at all?

I suppose that, given our small numbers, a news thread isn't really such a big deal. As I recall, it was first conceived so that people who had been away from the forums for a while could catch up without trawling through discussions!

The new website kind of does that too. Still trying to improve it!!

I think that, despite the effect it seems to have on our activity, we should try for locations one more time. Perhaps we should also think about a fundraising plan, with an estimated budget and annual targets.

EDIT: got a bit worried this morning and found no posts since yesterday...I remember when there was a new one every five minutes! Then again, 'Itan pretty much managed to do that yesterday.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

'Itan Atxur

I do my best! Lol.

I agree that setting goals and deadlines is a very good idea. We should have small, easy (perhaps) monthly goals, and then a larger annual goal.

-Itan Atxur

;D ;D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

guest2859

So, question is:

For the thread:

We shall -

a) Close
b) Unsticky
c) Leave as is
d) All of the above (impossible for the least)

'Itan Atxur

Make it a "Monthly" report. But keep it stickied.

[EDIT] I've added this topic to the "Tribe Directory" under "progress report" and unstickied it.

'Itan Atxur

Well, it looks like we're starting to look into Argentina a bit more seriously. I've managed to do a small amount of research but nothing to report on.

I'm thinking of restarting this topic but doing it monthly. Unless somebody else wants to do the updates, I'll be more than happy to. Also, I'm thinking of doing the updates on the first of the month.

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

nice. Argentina huh?  ???

what happened to Hawaii? i heard someone was looking into that...

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

guest2859

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on May 02, 2011, 12:47:14 PM
nice. Argentina huh?  ???

what happened to Hawaii? i heard someone was looking into that...

It's still there, but Argentina is looking more promising.

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, Hawaii is still being looked at, but finding decent sized land that isn't insanely expensive is proving difficult.