what do you think our parents will say? (Merged with "Telling our Parents")

Started by Tsufätu Ayioangä, March 17, 2010, 11:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Hey Everybody :) 'Itan Atxur here. Just dropped by to see how things are going and to do a little modding by merging a few repetitive topics. Hope all is going well.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 29, 2012, 10:12:45 PM
Hey Everybody :) 'Itan Atxur here. Just dropped by to see how things are going and to do a little modding by merging a few repetitive topics. Hope all is going well.

Kaltxì again! :)

I'm glad you would be doing this now. I'm in a bit of a rush currently, explaining my slow work since a week.

I'd need a defcon to notify when I am active or slowing down...

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I have told my foster parents about this project

Now I have my own mother to tell it, I wonder how she will react on it

My foster mother and father was very sceptical on it. I was thinking in over a year of how I was going to tell them
It felt good to tell it out to them, will my mom react the same or maybe she will say something else? Who knows, it is only
one way to find it out

But I am going to tell my mom and even my step-father this month, when I am visiting them(I don't know who my real father is, my mom won't say it)

Niri Te

So, have you guys figured what Continent you are going to do this on? As far as age, and parental notification are concerned, here are the thoughts of someone who has been on this planet for over half a century.
If you have not reached the age of majority, and you take off, you can get the Tribe that you love in SERIOUS legal trouble. If you ARE a LEGAL ADULT, you don't have to say ANYTHING to ANYONE. I became a legal adult in America when I turned 18, during the height of the Vietnam war. Six months later, I walked into the dining room for dinner, sat down at the table, and said what my mother knew for years was coming one day, (my father died when I was 15 years old).
As I cut into my steak, I said, " I went to the Army Recruiter's Office today, and I will be joining the Army next week, would you like to drive me to the Reception Station, or shall I make my own arrangements"? It was not a plea for permission, IT WAS A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Tsmuktengan

Of course this will have to be taken in account. I am aware of this. In some territories, legal age is 23 (US), in some others, it is 18 (France and some other EU states).

Never the less, there are many things to prepare. I would like to write a new post about the legal issues that such a project must be facing, but this is yet another week where I am ending a project (I'm on DefCon 5, reason why you see me less currently). Meanwhile, you can think about territories close to the equator or where the temperature are comfortable and stable most of the time.

I've have been recently thinking about Botwana. Yes, it is in Africa, but Botswana is a heaven in a continent that is not. I don't know much aside it has a lot of wild life, many ways of living close to the land, great traditions, beautiful birds and outstanding landscapes and scenery. I know nothing about the quality of the services there though when it comes to health and safety though.

French Polynesia could perhaps be a chance. If our tribal project can participate for some public interest and be useful, perhaps we could have some sort of help or indication on how we could live in a traditionnal way... I have understood the government and some people are quite turned towards traditional tendencies. Don't look the price of anything though : everything is expensive there...

Niri Te

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on July 09, 2012, 05:43:49 PM
French Polynesia could perhaps be a chance. If our tribal project can participate for some public interest and be useful, perhaps we could have some sort of help or indication on how we could live in a traditionnal way... I have understood the government and some people are quite turned towards traditional tendencies. Don't look the price of anything though : everything is expensive there...

Unless you grew it, or fished it yourself, then it would be magnitudes more affordable. Check the local laws out, and see if you can live there legally, as you wish. I used to live in American Samoa, as close to Pandora as Tahiti is, but you had to jump some serious hoops. They were NOT insurmountable for me though, so I had a WONDERFUL time, and learned a lot.
Brie
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Nìmwey

Quote from: TsmuktenganFrench Polynesia could perhaps be a chance. If our tribal project can participate for some public interest and be useful, perhaps we could have some sort of help or indication on how we could live in a traditionnal way... I have understood the government and some people are quite turned towards traditional tendencies. Don't look the price of anything though : everything is expensive there...
This is off topic, but *droool* http://www.privateislandsonline.com/mehetia-tahiti.htm

We would never be able to afford it though (what it most likely costs - "on request" are those that are probably $50 000 000 and up, if not twice that)... and 740 acres is not that huge anyway.