what do you think our parents will say? (Merged with "Telling our Parents")

Started by Tsufätu Ayioangä, March 17, 2010, 11:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Hey Everybody :) 'Itan Atxur here. Just dropped by to see how things are going and to do a little modding by merging a few repetitive topics. Hope all is going well.

Ok, so I've seen people posting about their parents when talking about the tribe and, while I /don't/ plan on telling my parents for awhile, I'd like to know how you where all able to break it to them and what the heck you said to get them to be ok with it.

guest2859

I have 2 years to plan how I'm going to say this, but it might slip out when I'm tired or something. I just plan to say 'I'm going to become an environmentalist and move out into the forest with others. Bye.'

Tsufätu Ayioangä

When is this whole thing planning on going down any way?  How much time /do/ we have?

'Itan Atxur

We're estimating no less than 4 years give or take (more than likely give).

And yeah, I just bit the bullet pretty much right off the bat. My parents are unreasonable much of the time but thank eywa they're open minded. They don't understand my decision at all but they understand I need to do it and they've accepted that.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

sezawte

:'( I hope it's less than four years... but anyway, my plan is more or less to say just before I leave so that they can't really object
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

ean-nari

I just told my parents that I wanted to do this and they supported me :D.
My mother even liked it ;D.
Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Ikranä mokri

Im not even gonna tell my parents
when it happens ill be over 20 so ill be living away from home (hopefully)
but they would throw a hissy fit, the throw one when i wanna go out for an evening let alone living in a forest for years
but they have a vaild reason to be like that

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

d5ive

Quote from: ean-nari on March 18, 2010, 03:30:06 AM

wow. this is what we call the perfect parent, one who supports their son/daughter in whatever the want (within reason). You are very lucky :P
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Eana Tanhì

my mom liked the idea but she think that I'll be in the tribe only for a year... my dad thinks I'm crazy  :P

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Tseyk Tìriuä

Unfortunately I planned out my future and it doesn't involve the tribe... except occasional visits xD

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä'evangäti ngamop.

Ikranä mokri

trust me i had my life planned as well but even the best laid plans go tits up, iv had to change my plan yearly since i was 15 so now i set a goal and go for it and my goal atm is to get eh 2011 uk camping trip awesome and help get the tribe started 

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

'Itan Atxur

My life plan from the beginning has been to wing it. I'm not really a fan of et paths and structure.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

my parents wont understand so ill gust leave without saying anything to them once im out of collage

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Swok Tihawnu

Quote from: ean-nari on March 18, 2010, 03:30:06 AM

Man you are so lucky...

My dad and I got into a conversation about college and if I'm doing the right thing... I told him about the tribe as an "extreme fallback" even though it's one of my top priorities! ;D

For now I don't think he wants to hear it, but later he will have to face the news and otherwise I haven't told my mom yet, but hopefully she will be more accepting to what I am doing.
I dream of a paradise, where everyone is treated equal, where the planet is lush with nature and everyone is happy.

I hold to the sole belief, that my skin will peel off and that I will be reborn as a Na'vi.

Nanaki

In 4 years I'll have 23, and I'll live alone. I think I'll send a big letter to my mother, and explain what I'll do, and why ...
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok, four years is good.  By then I'll only be a year away from my BA so maybe after that I can take a break and join the tribe for a bit.  Maybe I can even... O.O

I think I just died with excitement!  I want to be a forensic anthropologist but first you have to become an anthropologist which requires knowledge of different cultures and languages and people.  Maybe, if I have a nice enough professor, they'll let me do this as a sort of foreign exchange program and i can get credit for it!  My mom would totally go for that!

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

wohe that actally makes sence! epic win for you if it does happen. epic  fail if it doesnt!

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Niwantaw

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on March 18, 2010, 01:04:11 PM
wohe that actally makes sence! epic win for you if it does happen. epic  fail if it doesnt!
i think i would just be a epic nothing if it doesn't
definately not a fail
(like my spelling)
Only mostly AWOL.

Fnua Atxkxe

Just before you go leave a note; "brb, gone native"  :D

I plan to slowly introduce the idea over a long period of time. Then say "yeah, you know those crazy people on the forum who want to start a tribe, yeah, I'm one of them"
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

Lol. I thought that was what I was going to do, but... I didn't. I just dropped the entire bomb and left them cleaning up the mess!