The [Na'vi] Constitution and Bill of Rights

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, February 26, 2010, 11:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikranä mokri

trust me ill feel bad i havent been having a very good week so far its not you it my f*** up emotions and life which is why i kinda want this to be as real as possible.

god i hate my life atm

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Nanaki

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 26, 2010, 03:37:10 PM
trust me ill feel bad i havent been having a very good week so far its not you it my f***ed up emotions and life which is why i kinda want this to be as real as possible.

god i hate my life atm

It's the same for many of us I think !My life is sad and makes no sense either ...
I want to see this project become real too ;)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Ikranä mokri

mine is pretty f*** atm

but this is majorly off topic if you really feel obliges to help then go for it and Pm me

but im gonna go somewhere else and oh i dunno punch a wall

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Omatikaya'itan

Same here man even though i got money and stuff i dont have very many good things in my life the only time i find happiness is when im in my chopper up in the clouds then i can just let my imagination run wild the cockpit goes away and the head of an Ikran appears and im in my own little part of Pandora.

'Awve Tìkameie

LETS PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE DISCUSSING THIS ISSUE, YOU MAY MAKE A NEW TOPIC. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND, THANKS
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Hì'irawr

In my humble opinion, I think that more needs to be discussed before a Constitution could be properly drafted/implemented. I made another post today about certain things that need to be put into place before a constitution would actually be function able. My post has Ethnography in the title, check it out so that we can get working on a Na'vi style tribe cultural outline. In that topic we can discuss what things we want to keep similar to the Na'vi culture in the movie, and What things we cant to make different, because obviously non of us are 7+ feet tall Carbon fiber boned aliens, so we couldnt live the exact same lives. But I think and Ethnography is the best way to start developing this culture rather than multiple discussions that kind of brush some of the required information!

Txon Taronyu

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Hì'irawr

Kinda sorta vaguely, I read through it, And it seemed like we came to many different conclusions about 1 topic or another, and no one said adamantly this is how its going to be! I was just trying to help to put it all in one place and organize it so that the constitution would be drafted with a complete cultural picture in mind as opposed to a scattered cultural puzzle that hasnt been put together and is spread out every where, keep in mind the constitution was written after a huge group of geniuses got together with a resolve to be independent as a nation, and when they wrote that I guarantee that they had talked about every single thing that they wanted to see in the united states, and wrote a document to represent how that culture would function, of course they couldnt think of everything in only a couple years so thats why amendments were made to the constitution, hence the bill of right and so forth. Im not trying to condemn a constitution, but I feel that a whole lot more needs to be discussed about the culture of tribe life before a few polls can be set up and a mandate can be imposed on a subjective colony of people. I honor the idea that you make a rough draft of things we will and wont have though, such as technology/no technology, guns/no guns, temporary/permanent, babies/no babies. This is a good way to decide what our culture will look like, but for sure is not enough information to draft an entire governing document off of.

'Awve Tìkameie

@ Hì'irawr & Toxn Taronyu

Yes, I know many of the things you all have talked about are on the website, but I'm just asking for everyone to just vote so I can easily view the information with a few clicks. I'll still be looking at the posts, but the voting will tell me what I should be looking for. I also know that there isn't enough information available to write it. I'm not planing to start writing it tomorrow, or even in the next few weeks. I'm waiting to get all the information together, then I'll begin to write it.

@ Hì'irawr [specifically]

I will not be putting the document in the format shown on the main post. Please don't think that. I will be putting it in a format similar to other constitutions of the world. The voting will give me the information. I will then write a rough draft. I'll pass it around the forum for a few days so everyone can review it. Then I'll write a final draft.

Lastly, of course there are many things that must be finalized before anything is written. I know this. I'm planning on putting a lot of effort into this. I'm not going to be writing "skimpy" passages. It will explain everything needed to be explained.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Txon Taronyu

Just look through and find our conclution I looked at a few and its not that confuzing
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

her's is more organized and easy to compile. is it really that hard for you to click a few buttons?
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

is hers done? im just saying she can finish most of it right now.

im just trying to be helpful

edit: nvm I found it

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 26, 2010, 06:22:16 PM
is hers done? im just saying she can finish most of it right now.

im just trying to be helpful

edit: nvm I found it

Yes, I know you are trying to be helpful. And I thank you.
I just ask everyone to please vote on this. I like to see things more organized and (for me) the way I'm doing it is more organized. Thank you for the suggestion, really, but I'll be looking at the votes first, and then the posts to find out more info. And with that info, I fill in the more intricate details about the topic I'm "researching."

Txon Taronyu

Im sorry I got so confused

im such a skxawng sorry

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 26, 2010, 06:34:32 PM
Im sorry I got so confused

im such a skxawng sorry

No you're not. Don't say that. Everyone gets confused. Everyone makes mistakes. You're not a skxawng. It is perfectly fine  ;)

Txon Taronyu

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Uriuujìn on February 26, 2010, 02:52:17 PM
Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 26, 2010, 02:40:26 PM
In my opinion a democracy would be horrible. it is too exploitable. the man does not always know what is best for the man and the majority isn't always right. A single leader or 2 would make final decisions that wouldn't get wrapped up in debate and would be quick and true. If your argument is "what if they corrupt?" i really don't think they will be able to enforce their will on a full tribe of, say, 20 people who disagree.

sorry to derail that up there, i just wanted to be able to debate so people can form their opinions better. :D

And i think the "concordat of Gaia" would be better considering that is our semi-equivalent to Eywa.

I am in agreement with you. I think that a Tribal Council, composed of Myself, Unil, the eventual Eyktan, and a few other senior members should be the governing force of the Tribe. I mean, if we get too much negative feedback, then it would be the obligation of the Council to act in accordance with the will of the people, but a Council seems the best option. It would probably serve as both the Legislative and Judicial Branches, with the Eyktan a separate branch ^_^ Just my personal opinion, take it as you will ^_^

Also, I think that an appropriate name would be something along the lines of "The (Insert Tribe name here) Accords" ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

This pretty much sums up my opinion of what we should do for leadership. I think that within a small community like this, it would work fine. The "leader" or "leaders" may even decide to call for votes anyways.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txon Taronyu

I agree that Uriuujin should be on the council but is he a self apointed shaman because (and no offence) why is he already of such high stauts (just asking I agree just wondering)

and why are we not just using the simple law and government system of from the law and government thread? I thought they were simple and good for our perposes

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 26, 2010, 07:27:29 PM
I agree that Uriuujin should be on the council but is he a self apointed shaman because (and no offence) why is he already of such high stauts (just asking I agree just wondering)

and why are we not just using the simple law and government system of from the law and government thread? I thought they were simple and good for our perposes

I agree. The things within that topic are not properly represented in this poll. And while I do think this is an overall good idea, right now I don't feel that this is truly representing what we've already discussed and agreed on.

Perhaps a few of us who have been here a little while should submit suggestions for polls and such.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txon Taronyu

I am going to write down the laws from before since they fit our perposes and a huge government system that this seams to be becoming is way to complicated for our small group 50-100 people