The [Na'vi] Constitution and Bill of Rights

Started by 'Awve Tìkameie, February 26, 2010, 11:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 28, 2010, 09:18:17 PM
Why would we need a council right now the people are fine discusing stuff on their own and its a long time till we do this so we don't need final desictions yet

We seem to be growing quickly. I'm just worried that we'll get disorganized down the line. Maybe we only need an "eyktan" right now though.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

The old Uriuujìn

I think that a Council is important so that we do not use up valuable time that can be used doing chores and making things around the Tribe, be it Eco-village driven or not, ship-shape, as it were. That way, only a few people, trusted by the majority, can make everything run smoothly, and not burden the bulk of other responsibilities with a single Eyktan. If it were me, personally, I would want all the help I could get ^_^ That is why I think a Council is necessary- this way they can be the ones to take a little bit of time out to set things straight and then go and do their normal duties, so that everyone else can use that time more wisely ^_^ Just my thoughts on it

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Uriuujìn on February 28, 2010, 09:58:24 PM
I think that a Council is important so that we do not use up valuable time that can be used doing chores and making things around the Tribe, be it Eco-village driven or not, ship-shape, as it were. That way, only a few people, trusted by the majority, can make everything run smoothly, and not burden the bulk of other responsibilities with a single Eyktan. If it were me, personally, I would want all the help I could get ^_^ That is why I think a Council is necessary- this way they can be the ones to take a little bit of time out to set things straight and then go and do their normal duties, so that everyone else can use that time more wisely ^_^ Just my thoughts on it

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Yes, I certainly agree with that. But I don't think that's what we were discussing the last few posts. We were talking about the organization we have now within the website.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

The old Uriuujìn

0.0 Well, I feel sheepish ^_^; Sorry, I will do a better job reading next time- I just read the last couple posts now to keep up with the Threads. As you were ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Awve Tìkameie

Maybe, we could have a temp. council until all of the people's "abilities" are recognized. Then, they would be appointed. Also, if this way were to happen, the council members could run their field of expertise. For example, the chief hunter will be the head trainer for aspiring hunters, but when needed for gov't matters another hunter will take over for that day. So, it'll give them the ability to help others, do what they "love," and deal with gov't business.

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 09:16:03 PM
Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 28, 2010, 09:14:38 PM
one problem with that we don't know peoples real skills yet so its hard to choose the council yet

I t D hink that for now we need a temporary Eyktan and Counsel just for getting things started and keeping us organized.

(Yay! Post # 700 within this board!!)

;D ;

-'Itan Atxur

Also, congratulations on # 700  ;)
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Txon Taronyu

Ya I agree with that

but for most decitions at the tribe I think the people should also get a vote not just the concil and eyktan. They would deal with smaller issues or things that would not be necicary for a vote eg taxs
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I'm definitely not feeling a true democracy.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on March 01, 2010, 08:13:34 PM
Ya I agree with that

but for most decitions at the tribe I think the people should also get a vote not just the concil and eyktan. They would deal with smaller issues or things that would not be necicary for a vote eg taxs

Yes, there are some "voting" worthy topics and some that are voting worthy through the council only. However, in my opinion, the council and eyktan should be the only people who are allowed to start a voting procedure. The people should be allowed to petition for a topic, then the council would decide to start the voting procedure.

Also, I believe that since there might be a leader and a council, a law should be passed similar to the Sepremacy  Clause, or the 14th amendment. This will give the leader superior power over the council indefinitly. This is so the council cannot hold more power than the leader.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

'Awve Tìkameie

Oh, and also I'll be putting amendments 11-27 tomorrow

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

//offtopic// will the scouts and hunters have a code of conduct such as to protect the tribe peacefully before shooting.//offtopic//
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Ikranä mokri

Quote//offtopic// will the scouts and hunters have a code of conduct such as to protect the tribe peacefully before shooting.//offtopic//

we probably should have some sort of code, but does it will probably depend on wether were shooting at animals or humans or have i got totally the wrong idea here

[/offtopic]

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 02, 2010, 03:39:56 AM
Quote//offtopic// will the scouts and hunters have a code of conduct such as to protect the tribe peacefully before shooting.//offtopic//

we probably should have some sort of code, but does it will probably depend on wether were shooting at animals or humans or have i got totally the wrong idea here

[/offtopic]

Hopefully we'll NEVER have to fight off other humans. The moment we have to start shooting at humans, the idea probably fails.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE2 on March 02, 2010, 01:30:26 AM
//offtopic// will the scouts and hunters have a code of conduct such as to protect the tribe peacefully before shooting.//offtopic//

I would think it would apply. If you would allow me to I can always add that into the ## amendment, or the right to bear arms. Also, I wouldn't consider this off topic.

Txon Taronyu

We wont have to fight most likely and remember their are no hunters per say we are all every job exept the teachers and skilled jobs eg docter

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on March 02, 2010, 04:30:50 PM
We wont have to fight most likely and remember their are no hunters per say we are all every job exept the teachers and skilled jobs eg docter

Yes, of course it would be an extremely unlikely event, but I now believe that there should be information about what to do during a time of crisis needing weapons. For example, a bear attack, or a random guy with a gun. There should be (in my opinion) a gun (bow or rifle) stack in the "town hall" for those rare situations.

'Itan Atxur

A guy with a gun still won't stand a chance against a group of people trained with bows. And if there's a group of people attacking us with guns it's probably the police or the military so we're screwed anyways. I personally see very little use in having a gun, though many people have expressed they'd at least like us to have one for protection.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Letxuma Swizaw

i just thought of something i think is very important. I think there should be something that prevents the "government" from expanding itself so that it stays as we put it and as we intended it. Because once governments start growing they tend to move in bad directions. IMO
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on March 02, 2010, 06:03:18 PM
i just thought of something i think is very important. I think there should be something that prevents the "government" from expanding itself so that it stays as we put it and as we intended it. Because once governments start growing they tend to move in bad directions. IMO

I completely agree with this. I also think we need something in there about population control too.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

'Awve Tìkameie

Yola (the site "provider)" isn't working, so I cannot add amendments 11-27. Sorry